Jakarta
✟4,431.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shalom everyone, hope all of you have a good day so far!

Through this thread, I would like to find a partner who can grow together and love each other through studying and understanding the Bible. It will be great if you are committed and willing to prioritise studying the Bible. I understand that some of you might feel uncomfortable with outsiders or fear that it will be based on our own interpretation, but do not worry, I am a friendly person and I know a group of people who can explain your questions 100% based on the Bible and it is FREE!

Please reply in the comments if you are interested or you have any questions.

Thank you and God bless you!

Reactions: Margot Lugo

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hello I have a question. I have heard from preachers like John Piper that if a Christian willful sin for a long period time, there will a point of no return and he and she will lose salvation, in another word, once saved does not always mean saved. I would be grateful if you can help me understand this area. thank you and God bless.

Upvote 0

Holly Sit

Jan 29, 2022
Jakarta
✟4,431.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hello I have a question. I have heard from preachers like John Piper that if a Christian willful sin for a long period time, there will a point of no return and he and she will lose salvation, in another word, once saved does not always mean saved. I would be grateful if you can help me understand this area. thank you and God bless.

Hello,

To answer this, we have to first look at John 17:17, it is said that 'Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.' In this verse, first of all, we have to look at who is the one giving the truth.

As we all know, God was the one who gave the Bible to the believers. It is shown in these three verses

'And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.' - Matthew 12:31

'And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.' - Luke 12:10

'but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."' - Mark 3:29

In conclusion, each one of us will receive salvation if we come forward to the source of the truth, which is God and we have to obey and put it into action that the word of God has given ('But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well' - Matthew 6:33). However, if anyone blasphemes against God (the Holy Spirit here refers to God because as we know there are two kinds of spirit, holy spirit and evil spirit), their sins will not be forgiven.

Hope this answers your question

• Useful
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shalom everyone, hope all of you have a good day so far!

Through this thread, I would like to find a partner who can grow together and love each other through studying and understanding the Bible. It will be great if you are committed and willing to prioritise studying the Bible. I understand that some of you might feel uncomfortable with outsiders or fear that it will be based on our own interpretation, but do not worry, I am a friendly person and I know a group of people who can explain your questions 100% based on the Bible and it is FREE!

Please reply in the comments if you are interested or you have any questions.

Thank you and God bless you!
Hi Holly Sit, nice to meet you! I'll be happy to study the Bible with you. Where would you like to start?

Upvote 0

Holly Sit

Jan 29, 2022
Jakarta
✟4,431.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Holly Sit, nice to meet you! I'll be happy to study the Bible with you. Where would you like to start?
Hi there,

Thank you so much. Before we start, can we message privately on the website? To prevent disturbance from other people in the forum.

Looking forward to talk to you soon!

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

Thank you so much. Before we start, can we message privately on the website? To prevent disturbance from other people in the forum.

Looking forward to talk to you soon!
We sure can! I just sent you a private message.

Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

To answer this, we have to first look at John 17:17, it is said that 'Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.' In this verse, first of all, we have to look at who is the one giving the truth.

As we all know, God was the one who gave the Bible to the believers. It is shown in these three verses

'And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.' - Matthew 12:31

'And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.' - Luke 12:10

'but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."' - Mark 3:29

In conclusion, each one of us will receive salvation if we come forward to the source of the truth, which is God and we have to obey and put it into action that the word of God has given ('But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well' - Matthew 6:33). However, if anyone blasphemes against God (the Holy Spirit here refers to God because as we know there are two kinds of spirit, holy spirit and evil spirit), their sins will not be forgiven.

hello thank you for your answer. sorry I have been having issues that is why I did not reply sooner.

so you say blaspheme against God, what exactly are you referring? do you mean if I curse God, I am eternally damned?

Upvote 0

Holly Sit

Jan 29, 2022
Jakarta
✟4,431.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hello thank you for your answer. sorry I have been having issues that is why I did not reply sooner.

so you say blaspheme against God, what exactly are you referring? do you mean if I curse God, I am eternally damned?
Hello,

No worries, I would like also to apologise for my late reply since I have been occupied with my work and have not opened or replied messages. Anyway, I will answer your question.

John 1:1 said that 'In the beginning was God, the word was with God, the word was God', which means God is the one who give the word of the truth.

How can be so sure that God is the truth? First of all, He never lies, what He has prophesied, He fulfilled the prophecies 100%.

Isaiah 14:24:
The Lord Almighty has sworn,
“Surely, as I have planned, so it will be,
and as I have purposed, so it will happen.

Numbers 23:19:
God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

Amos 3:7:
Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing
without revealing his plan
to his servants the prophets.

These three verses showed us that God speaks the truth, and before He fulfils it, He reveals it first to His servants, then, there will be time when the prophecies are fulfilled (John 14:29: I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe)

In regards to your question regarding what is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, we have to know that there are two kinds of spirit. The first one is God's spirit and the second one is the evil spirit. In Ezekiel 28:13-17, the evil spirit was once the cherub that God has chosen. Cherub means God's archangel. However, due to wickedness inside Him, He was cast down and became an evil spirit. The evil spirit has controlled the world since Adam fell into the sin (Gen 3). In Genesis 3, the serpent deceived Adam and Eve by saying that they can eat the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden (the tree of the knowledge of good and evil), which means, the evil spirit spoke lies, and we should know that everything that was spoken outside of the Bible, it is a false truth and by adding or taking away the word, it is blaspheming the holy spirit, which means blaspheming God who is the source of the truth.

Just for additional note, you may read Revelation 22:18-19: I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

I know it is quite a long explanation, but hope this answers your question. Anyway, one of my friends will open a Bible class that will help you to answer your questions regarding the Bible. So, if you are interested, please do contact me. :)

Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

No worries, I would like also to apologise for my late reply since I have been occupied with my work and have not opened or replied messages. Anyway, I will answer your question.

John 1:1 said that 'In the beginning was God, the word was with God, the word was God', which means God is the one who give the word of the truth.

How can be so sure that God is the truth? First of all, He never lies, what He has prophesied, He fulfilled the prophecies 100%.

Isaiah 14:24:
The Lord Almighty has sworn,
“Surely, as I have planned, so it will be,
and as I have purposed, so it will happen.

Numbers 23:19:
God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

Amos 3:7:
Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing
without revealing his plan
to his servants the prophets.

These three verses showed us that God speaks the truth, and before He fulfils it, He reveals it first to His servants, then, there will be time when the prophecies are fulfilled (John 14:29: I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe)

In regards to your question regarding what is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, we have to know that there are two kinds of spirit. The first one is God's spirit and the second one is the evil spirit. In Ezekiel 28:13-17, the evil spirit was once the cherub that God has chosen. Cherub means God's archangel. However, due to wickedness inside Him, He was cast down and became an evil spirit. The evil spirit has controlled the world since Adam fell into the sin (Gen 3). In Genesis 3, the serpent deceived Adam and Eve by saying that they can eat the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden (the tree of the knowledge of good and evil), which means, the evil spirit spoke lies, and we should know that everything that was spoken outside of the Bible, it is a false truth and by adding or taking away the word, it is blaspheming the holy spirit, which means blaspheming God who is the source of the truth.

Just for additional note, you may read Revelation 22:18-19: I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

I know it is quite a long explanation, but hope this answers your question. Anyway, one of my friends will open a Bible class that will help you to answer your questions regarding the Bible. So, if you are interested, please do contact me. :)

thank you for your reply

I appreciate it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Margot Lugo

Apr 14, 2022
Chatsworth, CA
✟18,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,

Upvote 0

Margot Lugo

Apr 14, 2022
Chatsworth, CA
✟18,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Holly Sit, I too grapple with this: a small portion of time when I was young, I stepped out of faith and into some very muddy waters of denial. I also worry that I may have fostered disbelief in some people through my stupidity. This was when I was sixteen. I am now sixty-three. Although I am sincere in my repentance, I cannot find resolve because I have grown to understand exactly what was written in The Bible about such a terrible thing. I want to be right with God because I love Him. Thanks for reading this. And God Bless you for sharing your Biblical knowledge in the above message.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Holly Sit

Jan 29, 2022
Jakarta
✟4,431.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Holly Sit, I too grapple with this: a small portion of time when I was young, I stepped out of faith and into some very muddy waters of denial. I also worry that I may have fostered disbelief in some people through my stupidity. This was when I was sixteen. I am now sixty-three. Although I am sincere in my repentance, I cannot find resolve because I have grown to understand exactly what was written in The Bible about such a terrible thing. I want to be right with God because I love Him. Thanks for reading this. And God Bless you for sharing your Biblical knowledge in the above message.

Hello Margot,

Thank you for sharing your story. After reading your story, it reminded me of my younger self when I was around fourteen or fifteen. That was the time when I was still questioning God's existence. However, after being evangelised by my religion teacher, it made me realise that I have to seek God. Despite that I had believed in Jesus, I still did not understand the purpose of God giving us the Bible. Fortunately, I met some people and I started joining the Bible Study that one of my friends organised. It helped me a lot and I started to understand why I carry my life of faith. I would be glad to help you if you want to join the Bible Study that my friend organises. Please kindly do let me know if you are interested or if you have any question.

Thank you.

Best,

Holly

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Margot Lugo

Apr 14, 2022
Chatsworth, CA
✟18,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Margot,

Thank you for sharing your story. After reading your story, it reminded me of my younger self when I was around fourteen or fifteen. That was the time when I was still questioning God's existence. However, after being evangelised by my religion teacher, it made me realise that I have to seek God. Despite that I had believed in Jesus, I still did not understand the purpose of God giving us the Bible. Fortunately, I met some people and I started joining the Bible Study that one of my friends organised. It helped me a lot and I started to understand why I carry my life of faith. I would be glad to help you if you want to join the Bible Study that my friend organises. Please kindly do let me know if you are interested or if you have any question.

Thank you.

Best,

Holly
Holly Sit! Thank you so much for the invitation to study with you! I gladly accept! How wonderful! God Bless you!

Upvote 0

Holly Sit

Jan 29, 2022
Jakarta
✟4,431.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Holly Sit! Thank you so much for the invitation to study with you! I gladly accept! How wonderful! God Bless you!
Hello Margot,

Can we talk about this in a private thread? I would be really glad to talk more with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums