Looking for a good historical bio to read? This might be it!

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2018/march/lian-xi-blood-letters.html

51LrKoi2D9L._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"...In pretrial detention she endured repeated torture; she was beaten, starved, left in isolation, and handcuffed in a variety of punitive positions. Before her second suicide attempt, she wrote a poem entitled “Self-Eulogy.” It was the first of her blood writings.

Deprived of writing instruments, Lin Zhao would prick herself with sharpened bamboo and collect her blood in a plastic spoon. She’d then dip her “pen,” often a thin bamboo strip or a straw stem, into the blood, writing on paper when possible, or else on her clothing or sheets.

"Even as her mental and physical health deteriorated, Lin Zhao continued to write, for herself and for a world she hoped would listen. ...

"...In May 1965, Lin Zhao was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Three years later, still unwilling to recant her beliefs, she would be put to death. During those last three years, Lin Zhao continued her blood writing. In letters to her mother, who was no longer allowed to visit, she often expressed the deep comfort she found in the Holy Spirit..."

Reactions: CallofChrist
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

"...In pretrial detention she endured repeated torture; she was beaten, starved, left in isolation, and handcuffed in a variety of punitive positions. Before her second suicide attempt, she wrote a poem entitled “Self-Eulogy.” It was the first of her blood writings.

Deprived of writing instruments, Lin Zhao would prick herself with sharpened bamboo and collect her blood in a plastic spoon. She’d then dip her “pen,” often a thin bamboo strip or a straw stem, into the blood, writing on paper when possible, or else on her clothing or sheets.

"Even as her mental and physical health deteriorated, Lin Zhao continued to write, for herself and for a world she hoped would listen. ...

"...In May 1965, Lin Zhao was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Three years later, still unwilling to recant her beliefs, she would be put to death. During those last three years, Lin Zhao continued her blood writing. In letters to her mother, who was no longer allowed to visit, she often expressed the deep comfort she found in the Holy Spirit..."

I read these short paragraphs and they bought tears to my eyes. I hope the faithfulness and courage of this young lady will give other believers hope and life.

Christ is so hated because He bought righteousness to the world and the world chooses to love darkness rather than light. Come quickly Lord Jesus!

Much love in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0