Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesus looks like Native American! :clap::clap:

Notice the disciples with swords!

An Elderly Woman Discovered She Had Been Storing a Renaissance Painting in Her Kitchen—and It Could Fetch $6 Million at Auction

lead_Cimabue-4Acteon.auction.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
https://www.livescience.com/Cimabue-hot-plate-painting-sells-at-auction.htm said:
Sorry! Page not found.
The page you're looking for has either been moved or removed from the site.
Please try searching our site or start again on our homepage.

in the spirit of the "Post a summary of the videos you post" new rule it would probably be helpful for links to also include a summary. the link seems to be broken, so all we have to go off of is whatever words are in the link itself or the title of the OP.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It should have been tossed in the dump, isn't worth even the change in my pocket.

If the picture is a fairly accurate representation of Christ and the Disciples, it changes many things. Even prove our errors.

It helps confirm existence of biases in terms of understanding scriptures. Biases that may be the result of racism, cultural biases, or even deceived.

The disciples carrying swords may confirm that Christ is a non-Pacifist. Jesus did command the disciples to buy swords and Jesus did use violence on one occassion.

The Christ having very little to no facial hair (it might have been just a shadow below the chin) signifies the non-religious, and non-traditional orientation of Christ.

Both such accounts are confirmed in the Bible.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the picture is a fairly accurate representation of Christ and the Disciples, it changes many things. Even prove our errors.

It helps confirm existence of biases in terms of understanding scriptures. Biases that may be the result of racism, cultural biases, or even deceived.

The disciples carrying swords may confirm that Christ is a non-Pacifist. Jesus did command the disciples to buy swords and Jesus did use violence on one occassion.

The Christ having very little to no facial hair (it might have been just a shadow below the chin) signifies the non-religious, and non-traditional orientation of Christ.

Both such accounts are confirmed in the Bible.

The Renaissance began in the Late Middle Ages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It should have been tossed in the dump, isn't worth even the change in my pocket.

True
Headline here sounds real but,
one look at that picture tells a lot.

No one knows what He looks like.
Not down here anyway.

M

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
True
Headline here sounds real but,
one look at that picture tells a lot.

No one knows what He looks like.
Not down here anyway.

M

The latest picture is a much closer match to scripture accounts than the popular imagery depicting an "All-European" Christ and the disciples cast.....

In the latest picture you can see distinctly Semitic (Arab or Jewish) appearance of the disciples. Interstingly, most of them looked like Arabs/Palestinian. I've lived and worked in the Middle East for two years to know the difference between Arab and Jew.

Christ differed in general appearance against the group - in agreement with scriptures.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The latest picture is a much closer match to scripture accounts than the popular imagery depicting an "All-European" Christ and the disciples cast.....

In the latest picture you can see distinctly Semitic (Arab or Jewish) appearance of the disciples. Interstingly, most of them looked like Arabs/Palestinian. I've lived and worked in the Middle East for two years to know the difference between Arab and Jew.

Christ differed in general appearance against the group - in agreement with scriptures.
Seems this covers it?
M-Bob

English Standard Version
“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth

• Agree
Reactions: Jonaitis
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Seems this covers it?
M-Bob

English Standard Version
“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth

If without exceptions, then why are you using an avatar picture with goats in it? I presume you took that picture yourself?

The popular pictures we had before of Christ were biased and untruthful.

It's refreshing to see something that tries to depict the truth for once...

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
why are you using an avatar picture with goats in it? I presume you took that picture yourself?

The popular pictures we had before of Christ were biased and untruthful.

It's refreshing to see something that tries to depict the truth for once...

I can't remember
just a minute
let me go and ask the goats.
M

• Haha
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ah, good old iconoclasm, something fundamentalists and radical Muslims share.

Well, don't forget Moses.

"You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth" (Exodus 20:4).

I don't mind the term "fundamental," the basic definition of it is correct for what we believe.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, don't forget Moses.

"You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth" (Exodus 20:4).

I don't mind the term "fundamental," the basic definition of it is correct for what we believe.
Totally forgetting the fact there was an ark with cherubims and they did not understand the concept of the visible God.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Totally forgetting the fact there was an ark with cherubims and they did not understand the concept of the visible God.

David, no one directly looked at the Ark of the Covenant. When they carried it through the wilderness, they had it covered. When it was set up in the tabernacle, it was hidden in the Most Holy place; even the High Priest could not directly look on it, they had to burn incense on the altar of incense prior to entering it. In the histories, the men of Bethshemeth were killed for directly gazing at it and called for the priests to come and carry it out of their village.

They knew more about the concept of God than many on this forum.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
David, no one directly looked at the Ark of the Covenant. When they carried it through the wilderness, they had it covered. When it was set up in the tabernacle, it was hidden in the Most Holy place; even the High Priest could not directly look on it, they had to burn incense on the altar of incense prior to entering it. In the histories, the men of Bethshemeth were killed for directly gazing at it and called for the priests to come and carry it out of their village.

They knew more about the concept of God than many on this forum.
Yes, because they were supposed to be used in a worship setting. Also, since it was still made, my argument about the physical aspect preserves.

I don't argue that a lot of people don't seem to know here but Incarnation as a mystery not everyone understood.

Upvote 0