seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said I do not. didn't you read my 'hyperbole' explanation?

Didn't you read my 'cultural differences' explanation? Why is one better than the other?

Long hair on women is a God given natural (nature) beauty. when a woman cuts it off she goes against that nature God has put in her and her likes change to what is unnatural., thus she no longer experiences the shame spoken of in 1 cor. 11.
14 Doth not, even nature herself, teach you--that, if, a man, have long hair, it is a dishonour to him; 15 But, if, a woman, have long hair, it is a glory to her, for, her long hair, instead of a veil, hath been given to her.

No, nature herself doth not teach me that long hair is a dishonor to a man and glory to a woman. (Because both men and woman have to do something 'unnatural' to have short hair.) So Paul must have been responding to some argument that made perfect sense in ancient greece, but no longer is crystal clear.

It's a fact that men grow bald more so than women and they do so because of the abundance of the male hormone which women do not have. But that's just part of the picture. Baldness is given to men to make them more attractive to women.

But baldness is only given to 50% of men. Not all of them. Are men who are not 'naturally' bald 'shameful' unless they shave it off real close?

Are the 13% of (premenopausal) women who go bald 'shameful' despite the fact that God gave them baldness?

it means that it is permissible to eat meat sacrificed to idols, but it is beneficial to not eat meat sacrificed to animals if it offends your brother. Neither eating nor refraining from eating meat sacrificed to idols is a sin, is the meaning of "everything is permissible".

It won't work with long hair because the bible says it is a shame for a woman to have short hair. 1 cor. 10 doesn't fit 1 cor. 11. i cor. 10 doesn't say it is a shame for a man to eat meat sacrificed to idols.

But it only says that in this particular passage. No mention of it anywhere else, even in the law of Moses. If God was so concerned about hair length on women, you'd think He'd have mentioned it back when he was instructing men to never trim their beards or the hair on the sides of their heads. He certainly wasn't shy about directions on grooming.

Which is what leads me to believe that Paul was not, in fact, laying down a new law, but instead was taking a side to shut up the squabbling Corinthians so that they could get back to the business of submitting to one another in love.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Didn't you read my 'cultural differences' explanation? Why is one better than the other?
I forgot what your explanation was.
seeineyes said:
No, nature herself doth not teach me that long hair is a dishonor to a man and glory to a woman.
that's the way you see it because you've gone against nature, therefore now unnatural short hair is natural to you.
seeingeyes said:
(Because both men and woman have to do something 'unnatural' to have short hair.)
the nature being spoken of it 1 cor. 11 is the natural desires of men and women, not how they are physicallly made up. It is speaking to an innate or natural desire of women to have long hair and men to have short hair.

It's like a woman is naturally attracted to a man, but if she goes against that God given nature and starts likeing women, That unnatural attraction will become a natural attraction to her. Likewise if a woman goes against the natural desire to have long hair and whacks it off, that which is unnatural for a woman (short hair) will become natural to her. which is why short hair is natural to you, but it isn't a natural desire that God put in you, it's one you developed contrary to God's wishes.
seeingeyes said:
So Paul must have been responding to some argument that made perfect sense in ancient greece, but no longer is crystal clear.
Paul was preaching to long haired men and short haired women in the corinthian church.
trying to persuade them of the error of their ways.
seeingeyes said:
But baldness is only given to 50% of men. Not all of them. Are men who are not 'naturally' bald 'shameful' unless they shave it off real close?
non bald men like myself need to cut it (see icon picp.s. note the cool grey sideburns, it takes a while fore a fella can get those.). All men with short hair or baldness know that it makes them more attractive to women. Short hair makes a guy look macho (see icon pic) long hair makes a guy look effeminant. Girls like the macho look pm guys, they don't like the effeminant look unless they have gone against nature. I mean what gal wants to say "oh my husband is so effeminant looking he has such cute curly long locks, we put it up in curlers every night" No gal I know wants to say that. short hair =macho= dominance = male stuff. long hair = effeminant = submissive= girly girl.. If anything we should be singing "macho macho man" not '"Girly girlyman." and women do they want to be machogirl, or girlygirl? "Just call me Butch fellas cause I'm macho girl." Nature itself tells everyone this is true, it's just that some run from this truth and others embrace it. everybody knows long hair= effeminant, and all the other stuff I said here. We all know that.
God is just helping male mankind out by giving him a boost by making many men bald through lots of testosterone. something he doesn't give women, thank God.
seeingeyes said:
Are the 13% of (premenopausal) women who go bald 'shameful' despite the fact that God gave them baldness?
A rose will fade. if a woman looses all her teeth should she refuse dentures? most men who are bald don't care, they don't feel shamed by it, I have a bald spot but i don't care i don't feel shamed about it. Most women feel shamed if they are bald, even women who have short hair still want hair. That's why women cover up baldness more so than men cause they feel shamed by it. Men who cover up their baldness don't do it out of shame but out of vanity.
seeingeyes said:
But it only says that in this particular passage. No mention of it anywhere else, even in the law of Moses.
Every word, including 1 cor. 11.15. It only has to be mentioned once in the bible to be valid.
seeingeyes said:
If God was so concerned about hair length on women, you'd think He'd have mentioned it back when he was instructing men to never trim their beards or the hair on the sides of their heads. He certainly wasn't shy about directions on grooming.
he mentioned it in 1 cor. 11. That's all i need.
seeingeyes said:
Which is what leads me to believe that Paul was not, in fact, laying down a new law, but instead was taking a side to shut up the squabbling Corinthians so that they could get back to the business of submitting to one another in love.
Paul was saying what God gave him to say. And in that God says it is a shame for a man to have long hair, and a woman dishonors her head if she doesn't have long hair. The bible says it's a shame so I believe it is a shame for a man to have long hair. I don't care if everyone squabbles about it, the word of God says it is a shame and God's word doesn't lie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ultima4257

Aug 15, 2005
In my house, somewhere in the world
✟18,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not sure if this was already stated, but what about Samson? As I recall God told him to never cut his hair since he was a nazerite, which by the way was one of their requirments. So if God is the same yesterday, today and forever and commanded that, how would you explain that? Logic would suggest if you were to never cut you hair it would grow to be very long. :)

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I forgot what your explanation was.
that's the way you see it because you've gone against nature, therefore now unnatural short hair is natural to you.
the nature being spoken of it 1 cor. 11 is the natural desires of men and women, not how they are physicallly made up. It is speaking to an innate or natural desire of women to have long hair and men to have short hair.

It's like a woman is naturally attracted to a man, but if she goes against that God given nature and starts likeing women, That unnatural attraction will become a natural attraction to her. Likewise if a woman goes against the natural desire to have long hair and whacks it off, that which is unnatural for a woman (short hair) will become natural to her. which is why short hair is natural to you, but it isn't a natural desire that God put in you, it's one you developed contrary to God's wishes. Paul was preaching to long haired men and short haired women in the corinthian church.
trying to persuade them of the error of their ways.
non bald men like myself need to cut it (see icon picp.s. note the cool grey sideburns, it takes a while fore a fella can get those.). All men with short hair or baldness know that it makes them more attractive to women. Short hair makes a guy look macho (see icon pic) long hair makes a guy look effeminant. Girls like the macho look pm guys, they don't like the effeminant look unless they have gone against nature. I mean what gal wants to say "oh my husband is so effeminant looking he has such cute curly long locks, we put it up in curlers every night" No gal I know wants to say that. short hair =macho= dominance = male stuff. long hair = effeminant = submissive= girly girl.. If anything we should be singing "macho macho man" not '"Girly girlyman." and women do they want to be machogirl, or girlygirl? "Just call me Butch fellas cause I'm macho girl." Nature itself tells everyone this is true, it's just that some run from this truth and others embrace it. everybody knows long hair= effeminant, and all the other stuff I said here. We all know that.
God is just helping male mankind out by giving him a boost by making many men bald through lots of testosterone. something he doesn't give women, thank God.
A rose will fade. if a woman looses all her teeth should she refuse dentures? most men who are bald don't care, they don't feel shamed by it, I have a bald spot but i don't care i don't feel shamed about it. Most women feel shamed if they are bald, even women who have short hair still want hair. That's why women cover up baldness more so than men cause they feel shamed by it. Men who cover up their baldness don't do it out of shame but out of vanity.
Every word, including 1 cor. 11.15. It only has to be mentioned once in the bible to be valid.
he mentioned it in 1 cor. 11. That's all i need.
Paul was saying what God gave him to say. And in that God says it is a shame for a man to have long hair, and a woman dishonors her head if she doesn't have long hair. The bible says it's a shame so I believe it is a shame for a man to have long hair. I don't care if everyone squabbles about it, the word of God says it is a shame and God's word doesn't lie.

The crux of your argument seems to be that I would agree with your interpretation if I had long hair. Which is absurd because you don't know what kind of hairstyle I have. I could have short hair, or chemo-bald hair, or hair down to Cleveland or a Ronald McDonald afro.

Since you don't want to address the actual Biblical reasons I gave for saying that Paul was not laying down a new law, I guess I'll just go back to hanging off my husband's arm like jewelry.

God bless

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The crux of your argument seems to be that I would agree with your interpretation if I had long hair. Which is absurd because you don't know what kind of hairstyle I have. I could have short hair, or chemo-bald hair, or hair down to Cleveland or a Ronald McDonald afro.

Since you don't want to address the actual Biblical reasons I gave for saying that Paul was not laying down a new law, I guess I'll just go back to hanging off my husband's arm like jewelry.

God bless
Well, at least I was able to teach you something. actually i was shocked that I was able to teach you even that, usually no one gets anything out of my posts except me.

Hummmm, I think I need a hair cut.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The crux of your argument seems to be that I would agree with your interpretation if I had long hair. Which is absurd because you don't know what kind of hairstyle I have.
well you must have a short haircut or had one otherwise you wouldn't be so insensed about 1 cor. 11. Doesn't take a brainiac to figure that one out.

seeingeyes said:
I could have short hair, or chemo-bald hair, or hair down to Cleveland or a Ronald McDonald afro.

God bless
nazerites were an exception to the rule. there aren't anymore nazerites so no more exceptions to the rule.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have short hair. I cannot grow long hair.

What about women with cancer who cannot grow long hair?

Are they somehow just banned from the church?

I really REALLY hate legalist viewpoints. Too much law with hardly any gospel.

Jesus had long hair, ya know...most of the guys back then had long hair.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's quite obvious that everyone knows that 1 cor. 11.;15 means God gave women long hair for a covering. People either find ways to justify not observing that scripture, or they believe it and apply it to their lifes. No one is saying or can say that 1 cor 11.15 means God didn't give long hair to women for a covering.

1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

The only choice one faces is go around the verse or accept it.
God didn't give women long hair no more than He gave man short hair.

God expects men to be transparent in his own estimation concerning his personal sins. We must expect God to see our filthiness unencumbered by any covering of deception. Why are you wanting to judge others for what God alone can see?

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

:wave:Message me for specific prayer please. I'm worth nothing if not for my prayers.

I used to sin in secret horribly without regard for God having to see it. Then my sin was revealed to sinful men and I was horrified and humiliated. It was God's mercy to reveal to me my hypocrisy before I died with it. Humility is powerful poison that cures more than just cancers. Nothing diverts God's Holy Will, but I will implore on your behalf, God's ultimate resolve for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
God didn't give women long hair no more than He gave man short hair.
Then who gave women long hair if it wasn't God?

(NKJV) 1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for [her] hair is given to her for a covering

God created woman including the hair on her head , so it was God that gave long hair to woman. IT was God who gave woman the desire to have long hair.

rdcast said:
God expects men to be transparent in his own estimation concerning his personal sins. We must expect God to see our filthiness unencumbered by any covering of deception. Why are you wanting to judge others for what God alone can see?
Doesn't matter what kind of person I am, it has no bearing on what 1 cor. 11 means. It doesn't matter if you or anyone thinks I'm the lowest scum bag out there , it doesn't change the word of God. It doesn't change the word of God that says 'if a man have long hair it is a shame unto him"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
wigs, they also have hair extensions in beauty salons, so I hear. I think they like glue um on your hair or something.
PreachersWife said:
Wigs
PreachersWife said:
Not if they wear wigs. Actually I have the same problem except with me it's that I can't grow clothes so I go out and buy them to wear. I can assure that if I didn't they would most definitely kick me out of any church in america , or call the cops on me. Same difference. I need to cover my body, women need to cover their bodies as well, and they also need to cover their heads with long hair, according to the word of God. So no difference between me covering my bod with clothes and women covering their cancer ridden head with a wig.

improvise, adapt, and overcome results in the problem being solved,

I buy clothes for the sake of decency, women with cancer should buy wigs for the sake of angels.
1 cor. 11.6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. 7 For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. 8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. 10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on [her] head because of the angels.
PreachersWife said:
(NKJV) 1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for [her] hair is given to her for a covering

here's another law you can trash can along with 1 cor 11.15

Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

here's somemore you can also trash can along with 1 cor. 11.15

Exodus 20:13-16 Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

and another,

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Is 1 cor. 11.15 the word of god? uh yea.
So go out and whack all your hair off like a guy, take the name of the Lord in Vain, kill, commit adultery, steal and bear false witnesses, cut out the words of God in the bible you don't like and ignore them cause you wouldn't want to be a legalist.

PreachersWife said:
Jesus had a crew cut. He probably used butch wax, One thing is for certain, he didn't put his hair up in curlers at night. And putting long hair up in curlers is how one grooms long hair. 1 cor. 11.16 says the custom of the church was for men to have short hair, and women long hair. So you are wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Then who gave women long hair if it wasn't God?

God created woman including the hair on her head , so it was God that gave long hair to woman. IT was God who gave woman the desire to have long hair.

Doesn't matter what kind of person I am, it has no bearing on what 1 cor. 11 means. It doesn't matter if you or anyone thinks I'm the lowest scum bag out there , it doesn't change the word of God. It doesn't change the word of God that says 'if a man have long hair it is a shame unto him"
That's not really an answer, or perhaps I failed in couching the question properly. Your statement is saying you are being singled out in regards to filthiness. Fact is and you know this, we all are filthy and it doesn't help to point at the filthiness of others. Perhaps I could see Christian organizations having this hair length requirement for their elders, deacons, vestrymen and other officials, but for their parishioners, I can't see bothering with it. In fact, it's what is inside the vessel that needs attention. There is no indication that the length of hair puts souls in jeopardy.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16 does NOT say

God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes and has the right haircut will not perish.

Ducky, I can't afford wigs. And I thought that God GAVE me long hair. If he gave me long hair, why do I have to buy it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes and has the right haircut will not perish.

Ducky, I can't afford wigs. And I thought that God GAVE me long hair. If he gave me long hair, why do I have to buy it?
:amen: And I might add, our Lord taught us every important precept. Hair length was never brought into it.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

No it doesn't, it says

(KJV) 1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering.

PreachersWife said:
Computers cost more than wigs. Here's one for 135 dollars, you could ask your congregation to help you get one, that's what christians are suppose to do give to the poor, give to their poor pastors wife.

Always by Raquel Welch | Wigs.com - The Wig Experts

How much did that computer you're using cost? I bet it was more than 135 dollars. Or if push comes to shove you could wear a bonnet. AS long as you're doing all you can to obey the word of God in 1 cor. 11, that would be good enough. Or is a 10 dollar bonnet to expensive for you? You must be mighty poor, do you wear a sackcloth dress?

god gave you long hair by giving you the desire to have long hair and the ability to grow long hair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
That's not really an answer, or perhaps I failed in couching the question properly. Your statement is saying you are being singled out in regards to filthiness. Fact is and you know this, we all are filthy and it doesn't help to point at the filthiness of others.
I'm pointing out what the word of God says, and it says.

(KJV) 1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering.

obviously you want me to stop quoting any verse from 1 cor 1l1. But it is those verses, not me, that is pointing out the shamefullness of having inappropriate hair length.

1 cor. 11.
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
rdcast said:
Perhaps I could see Christian organizations having this hair length requirement for their elders, deacons, vestrymen and other officials, but for their parishioners, I can't see bothering with it. In fact, it's what is inside the vessel that needs attention. There is no indication that the length of hair puts souls in jeopardy.
The bible says it is a shame for a man to have long hair, it says that womens long hair is a covering given to her because of the angels. It is because of the angels that short haired women and long haired men should be kicked out of the assembly, for the betterment off the assembly. SHW and LHM hinder the prayers of the church and they hinder the gifts of the spirit. should adulterers who refuse to repent be kicked out of the church? yes, and most churches would do that. So what's the difference in kicking out an adulterer and kicking out SHW and LHM? Both are for the protection of the whole church.

with regards to your comment in another post, How can you possibly say God is unconcerned with hair length when the whole first part of 1 cor 11 deals with hair length? I presume it's because you don't consider it the word of God, what about us who believe it i s the word of God? shouldn't we go by our convictions, right or wrong, and not by your convictions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Wigs? Glued on extensions? Where is this written in God's Word?
the bible says 'forsake not the assmbling together of yourselfs" Most people can't get to church unless they have access to an automobile, Where does it say automobile in the bible? Using your logic, we shouldn't b uy automobiles or even use them.

Upvote 0