rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I grew my hair half way over my ears like 40 years ago, that's the longest mine's ever been.

quoting 1 cor. 11 sure riles people up.
You're the one riled. At the end of the day, I may agree with you, but then, there's this question whether or not Paul can be trusted.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
(Rotherham) Leviticus 19:27 Ye shall not shave in a circle around your head,--nor shalt thou disfigure the fringe of thy beard.

whoops, that means no bowl hair cuts.

acts 18.18 Paul, however, still further abiding a good many days with the brethren, bidding them adieu, set sail for Syria; and, with him, Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchreae, for he had a vow.

Hum Paul shorn his head for a vow. hum my hair is shorn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

(Rotherham) Leviticus 19:27 Ye shall not shave in a circle around your head,--nor shalt thou disfigure the fringe of thy beard.

whoops, that means no bowl hair cuts.

acts 18.18 Paul, however, still further abiding a good many days with the brethren, bidding them adieu, set sail for Syria; and, with him, Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchreae, for he had a vow.

Hum Paul shorn his head for a vow. hum my hair is shorn.

:) In modern China bowl hair cuts are really popular for little boys and, I must say, they are really cute. The hair is not long by anyone's standards. Fortunately, the little tykes can't be put out of the church because they are not considered to be Christians or capable of being Christians, are they?

Upvote 0

RevDrRed

Sr. Pastor of Spiritual Messiah Ministries
Sep 2, 2012
Florida
Visit site
✟15,130.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
2ducklow

1) Are we to look at Jesus as our Lord or Paul?

2) Paul was referencing to the Corinth society. Females wore covers. Many men had many hairstyles. In Corinth woman didnt and men all had the same style (until went bald). He was addressing the Corinth churchgoers specifically telling them more or less to "blend in" as their beliefs alone were causing much controversy in the area.

Be careful not to twist personal beliefs into Gods "Word" as in many places Paul has (intentionally or not).

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
2ducklow

2) Paul was referencing to the Corinth society. Females wore covers. Many men had many hairstyles. In Corinth woman didnt and men all had the same style (until went bald). He was addressing the Corinth churchgoers specifically telling them more or less to "blend in" as their beliefs alone were causing much controversy in the area.

Be careful not to twist personal beliefs into Gods "Word" as in many places Paul has (intentionally or not).
ok well we have different starting points. I believe all the bible is the word of God, including 1 cor. 11. Do you have a list of scriptures that you consider just to be Pauls' opinon and not scripture? how do you know that? cause women today wear crew cuts so 1 cor.11 is just pauls opinon? If most people commit murder today, then anything Paul said about murder was just pauls' opinion right?

Upvote 0

RevDrRed

Sep 2, 2012
Florida
Visit site
✟15,130.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have long hair ^_^

Maybe we should kick people out of church for eating shellfish and bacon too?

ok well we have different starting points. I believe all the bible is the word of God, including 1 cor. 11. Do you have a list of scriptures that you consider just to be Pauls' opinon and not scripture? how do you know that? cause women today wear crew cuts so 1 cor.11 is just pauls opinon? If most people commit murder today, then anything Paul said about murder was just pauls' opinion right?

Paul mentioned much of what he said was his OPINION. Influenced by God? Maybe. But at the same time he was addressing people of certain areas to rid conflict in society as best he can. I give him an A for effort. But an F for implementation, as clearly people have no understanding of what was said, or why, or in what context. Paul makes alot of good points, I wont argue that. But Paul was not God nor was he Jesus (God in the flesh). Everything the Apostles said should be taken into consideration (where and who were they addressing? Was it Jesus' words or their own opinion?) and compared to what Jesus said Himself.

Again, Paul is not God. In my opinion, you are idolizing Paul and neglecting Christ.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You know, is it so hard to please our Lord God? I had hair down to my butt as a teen, but then I went to college and cut it. If cutting my hair brings me just that much closer to my Lord and God, then I'm ALL IN!!!!

Yes! That's great...but it's a bit much to expect everyone else to conform to the same line of thinking. I might feel closer to God with my short hair because thanks to my short hair I'm not late to church because I can get ready quicker.

~~~~

As for what Paul says...I believe that all scripture is God-breathed and that Paul was writing under inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Even with that, I also believe that what he was addressing was a cultural thing and not a spiritual thing.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2ducklow

That's a huge stretch concerning your knowledge of history. Men should have short hair. End of story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes! That's great...but it's a bit much to expect everyone else to conform to the same line of thinking. I might feel closer to God with my short hair because thanks to my short hair I'm not late to church because I can get ready quicker.

~~~~

As for what Paul says...I believe that all scripture is God-breathed and that Paul was writing under inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Even with that, I also believe that what he was addressing was a cultural thing and not a spiritual thing.
Sister, I love you short or long. If it wont be long for you, then we love u till bald. Don't every believe our Creator loves you beyond your heart. It alone defines ur devotion

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RevDrRed

Sep 2, 2012
Florida
Visit site
✟15,130.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's a huge stretch concerning your knowledge of history. Men should have short hair. End of story.

Who are you to judge my knowledge of history?

2) About hair length: That is your (politically-correct) opinion. Thankfully not mine. I dont judge on outward appearance AND i strictly follow the Bible. Not political-correctness or personal (biased) opinions.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

~~~~

You're never late to Church because you are the Church. Cover your head so God holds us males accountable. Otherwise, we wont be the head and our shame will be seen of God.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

2) About hair length: That is your (politically-correct) opinion. Thankfully not mine. I dont judge on outward appearance AND i strictly follow the Bible. Not political-correctness or personal (biased) opinions.
you're so smart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

By making it seem like I have some political agenda, are you saying my opinions are secular? What if anything you said, should I NOT question?

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
But for what purpose. You avoided my point. You didn't even feel like quoting me. Perhaps what I said was offensive.

It's more of a general response.

But here's the thing...even if I was bald I wouldn't go out and get fake hair to "cover" my head.

My head is already covered...by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's more of a general response.

But here's the thing...even if I was bald I wouldn't go out and get fake hair to "cover" my head.

My head is already covered...by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.
That's not what He said. I am already subservient to my failures. I wont survive without my sisters help.

Upvote 0