That God was saving you for me

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
loneliness is an emotion, one you can feel with or without a significant other.

when we find out value and worth in the LORD, it's an emotion we can easily overcome.

Loneliness is an emotion that was made by God. It isn't good or bad. Loneliness of soul can be what draws us closer to God. It can also be normal in that you not connecting to other people on anything beyond a very shallow level. A Christian may be lonely while working in a non-Christian environment. That actually would be a sign that he/she is not compromising just to fit in. I am lonely primarily because I miss someone...my husband who died. He was the person whom saw the "real" me and loved me anyway. He also was the joint decision maker concerning daily decisions about life and our children. I have yet to "overcome" my emotion of loneliness and actually see it as an outflowing of the love my husband and I had for each other. Since that love was a gift from God and an expression of our love as Christian spouses, I don't think that finding my "value in the Lord" will easily overcome it.

I may not like the feeling of loneliness but that doesn't mean it is "bad" or something that doesn't add significance to my life. Because of this sensation, I seek out to develop significant and not shallow relationships with other people. For me, loneliness lead me to my profession of nursing and has me considering becoming a mentor to a lonely forgotten adolescent.

Loneliness is just an emotion. It isn't a state of being unless you just wrap your arms around it and let it take over your life.

• Prayers
Reactions: B8t6
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I find my interest in God increases the lonelier I get which is a bonus I think. It does suck though. I just try to be positive because I know it will pass eventually but I do miss having a life partner in the physical.

• Agree
Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Loneliness is an emotion that was made by God. It isn't good or bad. Loneliness of soul can be what draws us closer to God. It can also be normal in that you not connecting to other people on anything beyond a very shallow level. A Christian may be lonely while working in a non-Christian environment. That actually would be a sign that he/she is not compromising just to fit in. I am lonely primarily because I miss someone...my husband who died. He was the person whom saw the "real" me and loved me anyway. He also was the joint decision maker concerning daily decisions about life and our children. I have yet to "overcome" my emotion of loneliness and actually see it as an outflowing of the love my husband and I had for each other. Since that love was a gift from God and an expression of our love as Christian spouses, I don't think that finding my "value in the Lord" will easily overcome it.

I may not like the feeling of loneliness but that doesn't mean it is "bad" or something that doesn't add significance to my life. Because of this sensation, I seek out to develop significant and not shallow relationships with other people. For me, loneliness lead me to my profession of nursing and has me considering becoming a mentor to a lonely forgotten adolescent.

Loneliness is just an emotion. It isn't a state of being unless you just wrap your arms around it and let it take over your life.

it's called making the best out of an undesirable situation. people do that all the time.

Upvote 0

KarlKarlingIII

Oct 23, 2019
New York
✟17,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Old Calendarist Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
At times the darkness drives me here
Alone and oppressed desiring tears
Hunted by demons and bound by sin
Jesus I need my Father call him

I have been hurt and I collect the pain
Guilt condemnation rejection and shame
Thoughts intrude and attack me with feelings
Absorbed in distress Jesus I need healing

Love can give someone the power to hurt you
When mistakenly you trust in a lie that they wont do
Deluded by snares that have captured my heart
Let the truth arise and tear all lies apart

Are you in pain because I understand
I wish I was there I would hold your hand
Time can be painful and sleep can be sweet
But don't ever give up on your beautiful heartbeat

Loneliness dwells in a place filled with pain
But we must not lose hope in Jesus name
Seek God first and then we will see
That God was saving you for me
Open your windows, let the darkness be conquered by light.

Attachments

• C1142443-DD0B-445B-BC6F-25EA50BD46A6.jpeg
    C1142443-DD0B-445B-BC6F-25EA50BD46A6.jpeg
    681.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Prayers
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
it's called making the best out of an undesirable situation. people do that all the time.

For me to believe that, I have to believe that my husband dying wasn't part of God's plan...it was just an "undesirable situation". Significant number of people in his family became Christians through their experiences related to his death. That is not an undesirable situation even if it means I live with loneliness. For me, it wasn't what I desired but I have no doubt that God is ever present and happiness is not necessary to live a fulfilled Christian life. (That doesn't mean I am not human and feel sorry for myself from time to time, but I know ultimately, this time is limited and my goal is for the next life.)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
For me to believe that, I have to believe that my husband dying wasn't part of God's plan...it was just an "undesirable situation". Significant number of people in his family became Christians through their experiences related to his death. That is not an undesirable situation even if it means I live with loneliness. For me, it wasn't what I desired but I have no doubt that God is ever present and happiness is not necessary to live a fulfilled Christian life. (That doesn't mean I am not human and feel sorry for myself from time to time, but I know ultimately, this time is limited and my goal is for the next life.)
...same thing

there's a difference between being blessed with a situation and being blessed through a situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

B8t6

Sep 28, 2019
Sheffield
✟2,997.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe its good to express the truth of what we are feeling to God and others. David did this in Psalms and Jerimiah did it in the book of Lamentations. The world teaches you to project a front and hide the reality of what you really are and what you're really feeling and this is deception. God looks at the heart and I will express my heart in truth to Jesus in hope desiring him to change it.

Romans 12:15 (KJV)

15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Notice that the strong are meant to show compassion to those that weep and comfort them. When you open up at times Pharisees will descend upon you and oppress you as they have no compassion and lovingkindness in them. Jesus wept and shared in people's grief because love suffers because love cares.

John 11:33-35 (KJV)

33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

35 Jesus wept.

Last edited:
Upvote 0