biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
if god keeps you waiting it would be a reason, reasons people don't want to change into themselves, that is why lonely. the other reason you're alone for the glory of god.
I think it’s expectations too. We place too much on others

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, lonely person here. Anyone with me? Regardless of that aching feeling, we all feel it. And here, I want to make a thread to come together. God bless!
A good idea:)

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the most important way I'm never lonely because I have God, but we all need to have some sort of assurance that we, on a person level aren't out here doing it alone.

Does that make sense?

CF has helped me just knowing not just abstractly that there are people like me in an ever increasing ungodly world where we are a minority.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the most important way I'm never lonely because I have God, but we all need to have some sort of assurance that we, on a person level aren't out here doing it alone.

Does that make sense?

CF has helped me just knowing not just abstractly that there are people like me in an ever increasing ungodly world where we are a minority.
John's First Epistle has much on fellowship, based on the fellowship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I personally think I'm better off alone til I find a Godly Christian guy/girl, or a person of substance to be my friend.

I was introverted growing up, then switched schools and started to become more extroverted.
Now that I don't have friends anymore I see it more as a blessing than a curse.
I'm better off without those friendships. Their worldliness and small-talk influenced me into becoming a person I never wanted to be.

The birds of the same feather flock together.
The company you spend your time with, actually influences your personality & perception in subtle ways that you, yourself, won't even realize.

Now I sure would want a person of true value to be my friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my mother use to say there are worse things than being alone.
I know what she was saying, and I do enjoy my own company when I'm being nice to myself. But there is a limit and loneliness is a known killer.

Upvote 0

TheLordIsMySheperd

Oct 2, 2016
SoCal, USA
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Been feeling lonely the past few days , yet at the same time wanting to be alone

I was wondering, have you considered that it may be God's invitation to connect with Him deeper (to grow in intimacy with Him and to experience Him).

Upvote 0

Snypa

Dec 22, 2005
Alberta
✟15,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate you posting this, I can be pretty lonely too. God uses it and its for good ultimately, but pragmatically dealing with it can be a real challenge sometimes because the suffering is still real. I think many of us are in similar positions where we have small circles of friends and so we are less likely to connect with similar people who also tend to have small circles of friends.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Overall, lonely is subjective. Like I will feel lonely if I'm alone ppl whereas I feel content alone. Not that I'm antisocial either because I do have friends. It's all about balance. Society tends to emphasize more extroversion while neglecting introversion.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, lonely person here. Anyone with me? Regardless of that aching feeling, we all feel it. And here, I want to make a thread to come together. God bless!

The saint must walk alone — A.W Tozer :liturgy:
Though fellowship is nice. To love the brotherhood

Upvote 0