Oct 5, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟15,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The soul hardly ever realizes it, but whether he is a believer or not, his loneliness is really a homesickness for God.
~Hubert Van Zeller

It's amazing that we live in an incredibly crowded world and yet feel alone. We can further fill that world with noise and activity, yet many people report loneliness as a major issue in their lives. So often we get caught up in seeking companionship that we are willing to pay any price to get it and most often end up damaging relationships instead of building them.

Asaph who wrote Psalm 73 could relate to loneliness. He wrote:

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth
that I desire besides You.

Jesus said that he would be with us always. What does that mean to you? Do you have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ? Do you spend time just hanging out with him? By that I mean, do you go beyond just asking God for stuff or help? Do you really spend time getting to know him, pouring your heart out to him and letting him pour his heart out to you? If not, why not? Why not make Jesus your best friend? What's stopping you? It's that kind of relationship that he is anxious to have with you. In fact, he's so anxious to have a close relationship with you that he died so that it could happen.

Asaph ended Psalm 73 with these words:

But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God.

Father, I plead that you would protect the person reading this from loneliness. I ask You to make Your presence real and precious to him/her. Deepen their love for You; that You would be his/her anchor.

Copyright © 2005 Greg Holl. All rights reserved.

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you very much for posting this It has confirmed what I'm learning at the moment I feel sad because it's taken me many years to start to understand what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus. I praise God for His love and faithfulness.

Karen

Upvote 0

foundationguy

Oct 5, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟15,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad to hear God used it to confirm his voice to you. It's funny, I write a devotion like this everyday (Mon - Fri) that goes to about 300 subscribers. I never thought of posting one here. It was sort of a spontaneous thing ... perhaps God wanted you to hear it.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
foundationguy said:
I'm glad to hear God used it to confirm his voice to you. It's funny, I write a devotion like this everyday (Mon - Fri) that goes to about 300 subscribers. I never thought of posting one here. It was sort of a spontaneous thing ... perhaps God wanted you to hear it.

yes i would love to read more of your devotions

Karen

Upvote 0