Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
There's nothing affecting me more than loneliness at this point in my life. Is this and other issues I have like depression and a learning disability considered as spiritual attacks by the enemy?

Here are some simple basic steps.

I don’t know your situation but… to have a friend ...you have to be a friend…You know people… everybody knows some people …call them… And just talk….it will help with the loneliness.

Depression is part of the loneliness …but if you are depressed start being thankful for things….anything food, cloths, shelter….there are many without those things right now….but the simple truth is you cannot be thankful and depressed at the same time.

There is a simple phrase – “confession of belief yields receipt of confession”. What you speak out of your mouth is what you will become…Keep confessing you have a learning disability and you will continue having that…Change to a positive affirmation and confess that…..you will soon start to believe that and reap the results.

As for the spiritual attacks …get to the Word and memorize some scripture ….you have absolute control over any spiritual influences …boot them out put on the Word…You are a son of God with almighty power….claim it!

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There's nothing affecting me more than loneliness at this point in my life. Is this and other issues I have like depression and a learning disability considered as spiritual attacks by the enemy?
For sure. Being alone does not mean that you have to feel lonely. God has promised never to leave us or forsake us. Some problems we face are natural, but Satan is good at taking our weaknesses and magnifying them. His intent is to bring us to despair. We need to focus on Lord Jesus and what He has done for us. Every Christian suffers setbacks and attacks. It's how we deal with them that counts. Are we going to trust God or let ourselves fall apart? It's our choice.

Small example, today on my holiday the windscreen on my car was hit by a stone and cracked. $800.00 which I'd much rather not pay. Yet my God has promised to meet all my needs. So I refuse to get down about it.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"to have friends you need to be a friend' thats probably true the problem is when you can barely approach people to talk, i have aspergers, and except from some 'aqcuantances' from church that i barely talk to and my parents i have zero friends, i had depression since high school because i couldn't connect with anyone there and i felt horrible, knowing God has given lots of hope and resilience but still hurts i can't have 'normal relationships' and nobody seems to get the things that happens to me, because i don't express much lets say.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When i try to ask someone to talk, like the pastor of my church the other day, it responded me with a short message and later i send to him more messages and i was ignored, i was ignored a lot in my life so being ignored like this when i try to approach the pastor and open up hurts, don't get me wrong, i like this church very much, i sense God every reunion and thats what i look forward and what gives me will to go to church. But oh well.

Anyway i don't want to hijack the request for advice from the OP.

• Prayers
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
being ignored like this when i try to approach the pastor and open up hurts

May I suggest that yousee if you can help prepare your church for worship, or clear up after a sevice, join the stewards etc etc.
Often when one regularly works with people, one findsconversations start and friendship begins to build.

Look arond, if someone is stacking or putting out chairs go and help.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The best thing we can do when we suffer affliction is pray. It may sound like a simple solution to complicated problems, but it worked for me when I went through loneliness and depression.

God uses difficult circumstances to strengthen our faith in Him. We tend to turn our back towards God, when everything is going well in our lives.

Upvote 0

JohnPaul88

A Soldier In God Army.
Dec 18, 2021
Trenton
✟38,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The best thing we can do when we suffer affliction is pray. It may sound like a simple solution to complicated problems, but it worked for me when I went through loneliness and depression.

God uses difficult circumstances to strengthen our faith in Him. We tend to turn our back towards God, when everything is going well in our lives.
Amen brother.

Upvote 0

Traze77

Jul 8, 2020
United States
✟28,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When i try to ask someone to talk, like the pastor of my church the other day, it responded me with a short message and later i send to him more messages and i was ignored, i was ignored a lot in my life so being ignored like this when i try to approach the pastor and open up hurts, don't get me wrong, i like this church very much, i sense God every reunion and thats what i look forward and what gives me will to go to church. But oh well.

Anyway I don't want to hijack the request for advice from the OP.

I'm sorry to hear that. Your issues are very similar to mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟240,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I would advice you to speak to a family doctor and a pastor. Modern medicine has helped people immensely.

God bless

Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟249,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Check online for free community support groups and start attending to get yourself out and about and around people....get yourself out there and see that you are not alone in your trials, though it most certainly can seem that way when isolating....

totally serious about all the people who will love you to pieces if you start visiting at a nursing home.

Just imagine, instant grandparents who love to talk to you and see you.

While working at one I met the most beautiful souls you can imagine, who are often lonely too and want to share their lives with you-talking, playing games, reminiscing, joking and laughing.

Upvote 0

Traze77

Jul 8, 2020
United States
✟28,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Check online for free community support groups and start attending to get yourself out and about and around people....get yourself out there and see that you are not alone in your trials, though it most certainly can seem that way when isolating....

totally serious about all the people who will love you to pieces if you start visiting at a nursing home.

Just imagine, instant grandparents who love to talk to you and see you.

While working at one I met the most beautiful souls you can imagine, who are often lonely too and want to share their lives with you-talking, playing games, reminiscing, joking and laughing.

These are great suggestions, thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟249,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Check around and see if you can find any NAMI meetings in your area, or check into any day programming for people with depression

You might find kindness and support there and discover things like art and music therapy, while expressing your stressors in life and working them out in group as well as private counseling....

Just for the relief, someone once suggested that I throw raw eggs at a wall while screaming out my pain and distress, and it worked! I fell over laughing so hard after awhile of throwing eggs at some unwanted pile of abandoned concrete blocks at the shoreline....and they were harmless and biodegradable!

Reactions: Traze77
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One ALWAYS needs a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus for salvation of their soul and blessing along their path; and not just a religious belief in a Creator-God; so I hope you know and trust Him. We all need the Lord Jesus in our life and heart daily to have peace and leading, and have any part in our God (noting John 3; John 14; John 17; Romans 8; etc.) for help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums