Passing Through
✟457,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes they got rid of guns, then acid then knives. What could possibly be used next?

Shoes. They can be used to kick someone.

Rings. They can be used to inflict facial damage.

Purses. We all know old ladies can swing them as a weapon.

Falling branches. They can be picked up and weaponized.

Spiked bracelets. They can be used as weapons.

Soon, we will probably be forced to travel individually in an impermeable bubble so we can't act unilaterally or be acted upon by another.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Logic Over Emotionalism

2 boys & 2 girls (new baby girl born 12/1/18)
Jun 14, 2018
Rio Oso
✟19,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am glad to be in America where we have the right to protect ourselves and to be able to hunt to live if we wish. Where I live it would take a cop 15-30mins to get to me, but it takes me to get to a gun and unlock it only 1min. So which is better? I rather be able to protect myself then be a victim hiding behind a phone.

Many in London are kidding themselves if they think criminals in London do not have guns. Now London wants to take knives away while the criminals stay armed :oldthumbsup:

Surge in London gangland shootings as record 880 guns seized in a year

Great video explains it perfectly:

Few quotes from the people who founded the USA:

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson,

"To disarm the people...is the most effectual way to enslave them."- George Mason,

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops.” – Noah Webster

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” – William Pitt

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I rather be able to protect myself then be a victim hiding behind a phone.

Well, if you don't mind, I will stick to having less than one fourth the chance of being murdered than an American.

Like I said, American conservatives are going to be trying to live off the brief spike in London's homicide rate, earlier this year, for years to come. It didn't last long, and up until the end of June there had been more than twice as many murders in New York than in London.

Furthermore, you have to have underworld contacts to get hold of an illegal firearm in Britain, whereas in America you can buy them as easily as a pair of shoes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you don't mind, I will stick to having less than one fourth the chance of being murdered than an American.

Like I said, American conservatives are going to be trying to live off the brief spike in London's homicide rate earlier this year for years to come. It didn't last, long and up until the end of June there had been more than twice as many murders in New York as in London.

Furthermore, you have to have underworld contacts to get hold of an illegal firearm in Britain, whereas in America you can buy them as easily as a pair of shoes.
I take it you are being quite reasonable that the vast majority of citizens (even non citizens) of London peacefully use their knives for culinary purposes and for cutting up food to eat. I agree.

Just like the vast majority of Americans lawfully use their firearms.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hard to know anything about freedom when you lost it long ago. We have about 600000 people with guns in the wood in my state every year. We kill our own meat and defend ourselves with our own guns if we have to. We like it this way, having a little thing called "freedom" is why we kicked your british butts in the first place.

Also why your children have to have active shooter drills in school amongst other such wonderful side effects of "freedom".

I like owning guns. I also like how highly regulated it is. Different cultures I guess. We aren't bombarded with paranoia and propaganda by lobbyists and other groups, which probably makes a difference.

Upvote 0

Logic Over Emotionalism

2 boys & 2 girls (new baby girl born 12/1/18)
Jun 14, 2018
Rio Oso
✟19,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Like I said, American conservatives are going to be trying to live off the brief spike in London's homicide rate, earlier this year, for years to come. It didn't last long, and up until the end of June there had been more than twice as many murders in New York than in London.

Don't base everything on the propaganda you hear about Americans and guns. There have been lots of times where guns were used to stop a mass shooting but that's hardly reported. In America eleven teenagers will die from texting and driving everyday, should we make the phones or the cars illegal? After all cars kill more then guns in America. As we have seen laws on texting and driving have not worked. Not to mention cars have also been used as a weapon to kill scores of people across the globe.

Drugs kill more then guns and making it illegal has not stopped people from abusing drugs. Knives kill more then guns. Yet somehow people blame guns in America as the scariest thing. The fact is guns have been used for good and evil. Guns are not the problem. We have people that have not been taught to respect life is the problem. Bad parenting is also a huge problem. But to pass blame on a mere object or tool like a gun instead of casting the blame on the one who used it to take a life is both childish and is not logical.

Texting and Driving Accident Statistics - Distracted Driving

Drug Overdoses Kill More Than Cars, Guns, and Falling

FBI: Over Four Times More People Stabbed to Death Than Killed with Rifles of Any Kind | Breitbart

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...guy-with-gun-takes-down-mass-shooter.amp.html

Great article on the subject:

Guns are not the problem, we are - The Liberty Champion

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Don't base everything on the propaganda you hear about Americans and guns.

Official statistics will do me just fine.

Drugs kill more then guns and making it illegal has not stopped people from abusing drugs.

Drugs would kill far more people if heroin was freely available at the corner shop.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
291351_bea506bf77911a43e319cd6831f5c666.png

This thread has undergone a major clean do to multiple posts violating the following sitewide rule:
Flaming and Goading
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button
Please leave the broad brushes and blanket statements in the closet.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will say in all those years I never once felt threatened by a dog.
Dogs are not stupid. You look them in the eye and they will back down. I saw a criminal back down the police with a police dog once. He said I will fight your dog. Let him go. They backed off because they did not want to take a chance on their precious dog getting hurt.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think a campaign educating the general population
I sold knives for 20 years. Not in the city - out at the flea market in Amish country where the farm boys are given their first knife when they are 8 years old. (first knife is to dull to harm them. At 12 they are given their first gun.)

I use to get a gang of kids around my table. Usually they were around 12 years old and I would explain it to them. A knife is neutral. In the hands of a doctor it can bring healing, for a cook we can have dinner, for a carpenter he can build a house. In the hands of a criminal he can use that knife for destruction. You have to make your choice in life. I can sell you the knife but you have to decide if you want to use that knife for good or for evil.

I did not sell knives to people for self defense. I sold them pepper spray, something a lot more effective to use to defend yourself. Once they came back to buy another pepper spray from me. A girl used it against a guy that was trying to rape her. It worked so they came back to get another one.

Upvote 0