Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers. If Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers, how many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?

12 easily! :p

Aww :blush: I do love me some whole milk, haha.

Which gospel account do you connect with the most (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)?
Why?

Ooh good question, I don't think I've ever been asked this before.

I would have to say John. Especially since my favorite verse comes from John:

John 10:28 "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand."

While all the other accounts are good and should be read I think with the different languages they wrote in and their own personal opinions it's different for everyone what they think about the books. Personally I most relate with John. I feel like he believed so full heartedly in Jesus, that He wanted everyone to know how to be saved and how you follow Jesus and his ways of talking about what happened with Jesus and Jesus' work with others seemed really truly personal.

I felt as though the other ones (with maybe the exception of Luke) seemed less personal and more of an opinion. Maybe it was just the language barrier or maybe it was just because I've always felt closer to the book of John. But that's just my two cents. :)

Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
12 easily! :p

Aww :blush: I do love me some whole milk, haha.

Ooh good question, I don't think I've ever been asked this before.

I would have to say John. Especially since my favorite verse comes from John:

John 10:28 "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand."

While all the other accounts are good and should be read I think with the different languages they wrote in and their own personal opinions it's different for everyone what they think about the books. Personally I most relate with John. I feel like he believed so full heartedly in Jesus, that He wanted everyone to know how to be saved and how you follow Jesus and his ways of talking about what happened with Jesus and Jesus' work with others seemed really truly personal.

I felt as though the other ones (with maybe the exception of Luke) seemed less personal and more of an opinion. Maybe it was just the language barrier or maybe it was just because I've always felt closer to the book of John. But that's just my two cents. :)
John has a lot of promises from Christ. He speaks to us more personally in them. I love the book of John.

But I also really love Matthew.

Anyway good stuff.

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
John has a lot of promises from Christ. He speaks to us more personally in them. I love the book of John.

But I also really love Matthew.

Anyway good stuff.

As do I. :)

Genesis is my favorite book of the Bible followed closely by John and Psalms.

(And Ruth, Habbakuk, Jude too. lol)

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you have a testimony? Did you grow up in the church? Do you know when you were saved?

Couple questions all similar in nature. :)

I sort of have a testimony. :sorry:

I've been a Christian since I was 6 years old (I'll answer that question in a minute :p) and when I was 17 my Mom got really sick, her nervous system basically went haywire and no one knew what to do or how to handle it. She was so incredibly sick that she wasn't able to care of me like she was doing before that time (Not like 24/7 care but just even fixing breakfast or something) so I went to stay with some family because she wasn't sure what was going to happen and I don't think she wanted me there if something bad happened. So anyway, I prayed that God would heal her if it was His will and He did. Not fully, but enough. Her nervous system basically kicked back in and she felt human again. That basically is my testimony. Is that God provides. It may not be completely what you ask for but it is enough and He never let's you go through more than you can handle. He is always with you and protects you.

Yes I grew up in church :) I only stopped going a few years ago. As I got older and Mom got more sick and we couldnt find a church that fit our needs we started to watch (as a family) In Touch with Dr. Stanley.

I got saved when I was 6 years old. I was watching one of those Christian kid shows and mom was in the next room doing laundry, she said she heard me repeating what the girl was saying and I prayed with her to become saved. Now I totally believe I was saved right then and there but when I was 12 I rededicated my life to Christ. Not because I didn't believe I was saved but because I wanted something I could remember myself. :)

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I sort of have a testimony. :sorry:

I've been a Christian since I was 6 years old (I'll answer that question in a minute :p) and when I was 17 my Mom got really sick, her nervous system basically went haywire and no one knew what to do or how to handle it. She was so incredibly sick that she wasn't able to care of me like she was doing before that time (Not like 24/7 care but just even fixing breakfast or something) so I went to stay with some family because she wasn't sure what was going to happen and I don't think she wanted me there if something bad happened. So anyway, I prayed that God would heal her if it was His will and He did. Not fully, but enough. Her nervous system basically kicked back in and she felt human again. That basically is my testimony. Is that God provides. It may not be completely what you ask for but it is enough and He never let's you go through more than you can handle. He is always with you and protects you.

Yes I grew up in church :) I only stopped going a few years ago. As I got older and Mom got more sick and we couldnt find a church that fit our needs we started to watch (as a family) In Touch with Dr. Stanley.

I got saved when I was 6 years old. I was watching one of those Christian kid shows and mom was in the next room doing laundry, she said she heard me repeating what the girl was saying and I prayed with her to become saved. Now I totally believe I was saved right then and there but when I was 12 I rededicated my life to Christ. Not because I didn't believe I was saved but because I wanted something I could remember myself. :)
Yay :) God is so good and He certainly does provide. Btw I listen to In touch quite a bit too, it comes on the Christian radio station in my area. He's very gifted with words.

• Agree
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yay :) God is so good and He certainly does provide. Btw I listen to In touch quite a bit too, it comes on the Christian radio station in my area. He's very gifted with words.

Yes He is and yes He really does. I am blessed every day by Him and He even answers the smallest of prayers that I have.

Oh awesome! He is really the only pastor I listen to. I would love to visit his church one day, I think that would be pretty neat

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes He is and yes He really does. I am blessed every day by Him and He even answers the smallest of prayers that I have.

Oh awesome! He is really the only pastor I listen to. I would love to visit his church one day, I think that would be pretty neat
I know. I'm quite amazed as to how much He really does answer prayer. I love prayer.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know. I'm quite amazed as to how much He really does answer prayer. I love prayer.

Prayer really is an awesome thing. I just need to do more of it I think. And not just when I want something. Do it just cause, just cause I want to talk to Him, tell Him something good and not ask for something or want something. :sorry:

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Oh..still photography. :234:

Oh! And making awesome threads. Mhm.
I have a photographer's heart imo. I always look for things that would make a nice picture or see some scene and think "if only I had a good camera". Hopefully one day.

Upvote 0