Vienna
✟2,440.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My Plan is to migrate to one of these countries and work in healthcare.
I would like to become a member of the Coptic Othodox Church, find a groom and having children.
But as i described in an other forum here i have a lot of problems with my past life and to find back to the
Christian way.
I have no idea if i would be accepted to be a member of the Coptic Church or to find a Coptic Othodox groom.
It would be fine if i can find someone to talk to .

Best regards
Larissa

Reactions: anna ~ grace

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My Plan is to migrate to one of these countries and work in healthcare.
I would like to become a member of the Coptic Othodox Church, find a groom and having children.
But as i described in an other forum here i have a lot of problems with my past life and to find back to the
Christian way.
I have no idea if i would be accepted to be a member of the Coptic Church or to find a Coptic Othodox groom.
It would be fine if i can find someone to talk to .

Best regards
Larissa

Is there a Coptic church local to you? That would be the best place to start.

Upvote 0

mothcorrupteth

Old Whig Monarchist, Classically Realpolitik
Jun 3, 2017
Huntsville, AL
✟42,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Klingt wie riesige Pläne. Wie lange haben Sie sich darüber nachgedacht? Es wäre Pech, wenn Sie nach Ägyptenland oder so was umziehen würde, und Sie ausfänden, daß es Sie unglücklich machen würde. Haben Sie schon mal eine Reise danach gemacht?

Sounds like huge plans. How long have you thought about it? It would be a shame, if you moved to Egypt or somewhere like that and you found out that it would make you unhappy. Have you ever taken a trip there?

Ich schreibe auf Deutsch, nur weil ich es schätze, dass es Sie bequemer macht. Wenn nicht, oder wenn mein Deutsch zu schrecklich ist, schreiben Sie ruhig auf Englisch zurück.

I'm writing in German, only because I'm guessing that it makes you more comfortable. If not, or if my German is too terrible, feel free to write in English.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larissa86

Sep 5, 2019
Vienna
✟2,440.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Klingt wie riesige Pläne. Wie lange haben Sie sich darüber nachgedacht? Es wäre Pech, wenn Sie nach Ägyptenland oder so was umgezogen wären, und Sie ausfänden, daß es Sie unglücklich machen würde. Haben Sie schon mal eine Reise danach gemacht?

Sounds like huge plans. How long have you thought about it? It would be a shame, if you moved to Egypt or somewhere like that and you found out that it would make you unhappy. Have you ever taken a trip there?

Ich schreibe auf Deutsch, nur weil ich es schätze, dass es Sie bequemer macht. Wenn nicht, oder wenn mein Deutsch zu schrecklich ist, schreiben Sie ruhig auf Englisch zurück.

I'm writing in German, only because I'm guessing that it makes you more comfortable. If not, or if my German is too terrible, feel free to write in English.

I was in Egypt two times.
I would like to move to a country with straight and honest Christians.
Not with western lifestyle.
That was my past and now i have problems to find back to the Christian way.

Upvote 0

Larissa86

Sep 5, 2019
Vienna
✟2,440.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Klingt wie riesige Pläne. Wie lange haben Sie sich darüber nachgedacht? Es wäre Pech, wenn Sie nach Ägyptenland oder so was umgezogen wären, und Sie ausfänden, daß es Sie unglücklich machen würde. Haben Sie schon mal eine Reise danach gemacht?

And thank you for the trial with german language, but english is ok for me and others could read it too

Upvote 0

Larissa86

Sep 5, 2019
Vienna
✟2,440.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And i still could answer a private message, but not initial writing one

Upvote 0

mothcorrupteth

Old Whig Monarchist, Classically Realpolitik
Jun 3, 2017
Huntsville, AL
✟42,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was in Egypt two times.
I would like to move to a country with straight and honest Christians.
Not with western lifestyle.
That was my past and now i have problems to find back to the Christian way.
You're having problems finding your way back to Christianity, huh? Yeah, I can understand that. I live around Baptists and Methodists. Western Christianity thinks too much for me. That's why I went Eastern Orthodox.

I would ask dzheremi. He seems to be the most active Oriental Orthodox member on here. He may be able to put you into contact with someone from that area of the world. The best I can do is say, "Ach! Eine Österreicherin in Not! Herr GOtt erbarme Dich ihr!"

• Agree
Upvote 0

Larissa86

Sep 5, 2019
Vienna
✟2,440.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're having problems finding your way back to Christianity, huh? Yeah, I can understand that. I live around Baptists and Methodists. Western Christianity thinks too much for me. That's why I went Eastern Orthodox.

I would ask dzheremi. He seems to be the most active Oriental Orthodox member on here. He may be able to put you into contact with someone from that area of the world. The best I can do is say, "Ach! Eine Österreicherin in Not! Herr GOtt erbarme Dich ihr!"

Thank you for your help!

'Die Österreicherin in Not' :)

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi Larissa86,

As the others have said, I would start locally. There is definitely a Coptic presence in Austria, whereas the likelihood of finding any in Somalia is...less. (Though I did have a friend who once went to the breakaway republic of Somaliland to help with something having to do with their elections, it's still not legal according to Islamic law to convert to Christianity, so any Somali Christians you do meet will be very few and likely rather quiet about it if they are not safely in a western country, since they are under fatwas from various Islamic religious leaders.)

I don't speak or read German, so I can't vouch for the veracity of information on this website, but apparently this is all about the Coptic Orthodox Church in Austria:

Osterfeier 2019

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, but i have no idea, where to look

Oh...was there no information on the location of the Church(es) in your country at the German-language website? I'm sorry about that. Again, I don't speak or read any German.

I know that there is at least a church in Vienna, because I've seen photos from it. There also used to be a German-language liturgy on YouTube recorded in Vienna, but I don't think it's available anywhere anymore. It's a shame, as it was quite beautiful to hear our faith proclaimed in the German language.

Anyway, the website "Nihov", which is meant to be a worldwide directory of Coptic Orthodox churches, actually lists 4 churches in Vienna (Holy Virgin of Zeitoun, St. Mark, St. Mina, and the Three Saintly Youth). You can look at the listings there yourself and find contact information, names of priests, physical addresses, etc. Maybe writing to one of them with your questions would help.

There are additional Coptic Orthodox churches in your country in Linz, Graz, and other places. Here is the link to the listings in your country, and you can also use the website to look up Coptic Orthodox churches and communities around the world, if you are going to Egypt or somewhere else.

Coptic Churches in Austria | Coptic Orthodox Directory

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Larissa86

Sep 5, 2019
Vienna
✟2,440.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but i wouldn't like to aske here.
I would like to start in that coutry where it is possible to move for me
No western Lifestyle, more traditional, more simple life.
Id had a past full oc consum and loose ifestyle.
I think it is a Kind of penance for me and my past life.
I have seen at your links in Egypt there were 130 churches.
But rare contact Information.
Do you think it is allowed for a Girl to ask there and how to enter the community?
What requirements do i Need.
Telling the truth about my past life and i will never have a chance?
But i would be honest and straight.
Orthodox Chhurch is very strict and traditional.
There must be a way even for a sinner to enter this community

Maybe you are confused About me, but thank you all for your help.
With my Problems i am still alone. (I would read other books)
I think it ist better to find a groom in Egypt.
I hope i can talk with him about all without kidding me.

Best regards
Larissa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I should hope so, since they let me enter, though I did not go to Egypt to do it.

I don't know anything about contacting churches in Egypt. If the priests we have been sent over from Egypt for our holy week services as a gift from the diocese have been any indication, it is quite rare to find any who speak English to any level of fluency, though that is probably more common in Cairo, Alexandria, or other places with a lot of western tourists. The churches in the major cities are probably more likely to have contact info available, too, that you could try from any place (e.g., e-mail addresses).

There are no real restrictions on who can become Orthodox, and your previous life should not be held against you, no matter what it was. That doesn't mean that everyone is necessarily very easy to get along with (there is a bit of culture shock if you're not used to Egyptian people, though it sounds like you might be better acquainted with them than I was), but it is after all most important that we share the same faith even if we do not all share the same culture. So if you ask any priest anywhere, he will probably be more interested to know that you are interested in the faith first, and then afterwards you can discuss how you want to find an Egyptian groom. (As I understand it there are lots of those around, since the cost of getting married in Egypt is prohibitively expensive for many people.)

Best of luck to you. :)

Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, but i wouldn't like to aske here.
I would like to start in that coutry where it is possible to move for me
No western Lifestyle, more traditional, more simple life.
Id had a past full oc consum and loose ifestyle.
I think it is a Kind of penance for me and my past life.
I have seen at your links in Egypt there were 130 churches.
But rare contact Information.
Do you think it is allowed for a Girl to ask there and how to enter the community?
What requirements do i Need.
Telling the truth about my past life and i will never have a chance?
But i would be honest and straight.
Orthodox Chhurch is very strict and traditional.

Maybe you are confused About me, but thank you all for your help.
With my Problems i am still alone. (I would read other books)
I think it ist better to find a groom in Egypt.
I hope i can talk with him about all without kidding me.

Best regards
Larissa
Just to throw in my 2 cents here, though I'm Eastern, and not Oriental, Orthodox.

The Church is a place for sinners. She forgives and looses sins, abundant though they may be. My sins are certainly very numerous, and I was welcomed into Eastern Orthodoxy. And everytime I sin (which happens frequently) I am forgiven. Don't let your sins keep you from entering the Church - salvation, peace, and forgiveness are within her walls

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If it may be beneficial to the people of this thread, the YouTube channel Coptic Orthodox Answers, featuring Fr. Anthony Mourad and others, did a short series of three videos on confession in the Coptic Orthodox tradition which talk about why and how we repent and confess:

Pt. 1: Why are Repentance and Confession so crucial in our lives?

Pt. 2: What is Confession?

Pt. 3: Why confess to a priest and how ought it be done?

Perhaps hearing a young woman's perspective on confession in the Coptic Orthodox tradition may help you, Larissa86. Though it is a bit less 'professional' than the other videos (e.g., it doesn't use hymns/traditional music, unfortunately), it still provides some important personal insights on how individuals actually approach confession, and how to do so with a good Orthodox mindset.

I've never been a young woman, and I didn't convert until I was about 29-30, but I can really relate to what Ms. Sbeih and Ms. Butros say. And I also pray from the Agpeya before confession, as in everything. If you can get an Agpeya in your own language, or in another language in which you are comfortable praying (I personally think the native language is always what is best and most appropriate, but I'm not sure if it is available in every language; it is mostly Psalms), I would very strongly recommend it. The Agpeya is the daily prayer book in our Church, and we really do use it daily. I was given two different editions of it before I even went to my first liturgy, from helpful Coptic friends! :)

Upvote 0

Larissa86

Sep 5, 2019
Vienna
✟2,440.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it may be beneficial to the people of this thread, the YouTube channel Coptic Orthodox Answers, featuring Fr. Anthony Mourad and others, did a short series of three videos on confession in the Coptic Orthodox tradition which talk about why and how we repent and confess:

Pt. 1: Why are Repentance and Confession so crucial in our lives?

Pt. 2: What is Confession?

Pt. 3: Why confess to a priest and how ought it be done?

Perhaps hearing a young woman's perspective on confession in the Coptic Orthodox tradition may help you, Larissa86. Though it is a bit less 'professional' than the other videos (e.g., it doesn't use hymns/traditional music, unfortunately), it still provides some important personal insights on how individuals actually approach confession, and how to do so with a good Orthodox mindset.

I've never been a young woman, and I didn't convert until I was about 29-30, but I can really relate to what Ms. Sbeih and Ms. Butros say. And I also pray from the Agpeya before confession, as in everything. If you can get an Agpeya in your own language, or in another language in which you are comfortable praying (I personally think the native language is always what is best and most appropriate, but I'm not sure if it is available in every language; it is mostly Psalms), I would very strongly recommend it. The Agpeya is the daily prayer book in our Church, and we really do use it daily. I was given two different editions of it before I even went to my first liturgy, from helpful Coptic friends! :)

Thank you dzhereme again for you help.
I would watch the Videos next night.
As i told i am working in a24 Restaurant where the staff is sharing a Notebook.
At night we hae not so much guests and more time to be alone while writing and watching a Video.
And i am curious About what happens to me when i try to watch These Videos.

Best regards
Larissa

Upvote 0