Barneveld
✟8,039.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to let you know that Logos 9 has launched, which is a great upgrade particularly for preachers, pastoral workers and counselors, with its sermon builder, sermon manager, and counseling guide and counseling resources.

Read here my review.

Any of you already familiar with Logos?

Blessings!

Reactions: Dave L

Pavo

Oct 30, 2020
Barneveld
✟8,039.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are somehow connected to the project, could you please add Orthodox bibles and patristic commentaries to the free version?
Otherwise it's quite expensive for the most people
Unfortunately, I'm just an enthusiastic user of the software. But they do have some great deals occasionally on patristic resources, e.g. A Patristic Greek Lexicon. See more patristic resources here.

It can be quite a lot of money if you buy a package, but the result is that you buy all the books included for 2-4 dollars each, which is pretty amazing if you realizes that it contains individual resources of more than $100.

You should probably look at it as a lifelong study investment.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have to confess I havent seen the value for homiletics or Bible study in general. I use the one year Anglican lectionary, and the Collect and lessons appointed for morning and evening prayer and most importantly, those appointed for Holy Communion inform the content of my services (I am tempted, since Advent is almost upon us, to try the RCL starting with the new “Year D” an interesting pastor composed, which does address shortcomings, but then the thought of enduring three years before it rolls around again is a bit of a “buzzkill.”)

The main problem with Logos is it generally lacks the commentaries I want, which tend to be Patristic commentaries which discuss the subject of the verse but not the verse itself. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but my impression was that Logos offered inferior support for the deuterocanonical books, some of which I regard as extremely important, such as Sirach, Wisdom and Tobit, and the longer version of Esther.

On those occasions when I cannot think of a good homily, I read (and am careful to credit) excerpts from great Patristic homilies by St. John Chrysostom, Gregory Nazianzus, and other masterful preachers of the early churc.

Reactions: yellowMan
Upvote 0