Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gosh, I don't feel like us women are flawed. I think we have a whole different perspective to bring to the table. Men are IN GENERAL more logical, but not always. Sometimes I'm more logical in a particular situation than my husband is, but most of the time, he's more logical. It just depends on what's going on. He always appreciates and respects my input on everything because I often think of something he didn't think of.

Upvote 0

ke1985

May 27, 2008
✟8,472.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gosh, I don't feel like us women are flawed. I think we have a whole different perspective to bring to the table. Men are IN GENERAL more logical, but not always. Sometimes I'm more logical in a particular situation than my husband is, but most of the time, he's more logical. It just depends on what's going on. He always appreciates and respects my input on everything because I often think of something he didn't think of.

Do you think your husband is better at making decisions?

Upvote 0

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes he is. There will be occasions when I'm perhaps overwhelmed in a situation or confused and don't know what to do. He's good at stepping up to the plate and suggesting things. But there are other times when he's clueless. I'll tell him exactly what I think is going to happen and what we should do, and I always turn out to be right. We both trust each other's judgment completely.

Upvote 0

SmileAndAHandshake

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2003
✟19,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Everyone's flawed from the start, sugar. Including you. Get used to it ^_^

That being said, I'm a very, very emotional person, and I don't think it does me a lick of good :p haha. But God created me this way, so who are we to argue?

And between myself and my husband, I actually make most of the decisions, not as part of our design or anything -- just because he is by nature a more passive individual, and I'm more "let's get it done".

Upvote 0

ke1985

May 27, 2008
✟8,472.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everyone's flawed from the start, sugar. Including you. Get used to it ^_^

That being said, I'm a very, very emotional person, and I don't think it does me a lick of good :p haha. But God created me this way, so who are we to argue?

And between myself and my husband, I actually make most of the decisions, not as part of our design or anything -- just because he is by nature a more passive individual, and I'm more "let's get it done".

Being emotional just seems so flawed. :o

Upvote 0
B

believetheunseen

Being emotional isn't flawed. God gave us emotions. Granted, emotions can get us into trouble, but they are also part of what makes us human (both in the flawed, sinful state and the God's creation state).
Compassion, joy... not all emotions are flawed.
On the other hand, my husband is hands down better at making decisions than I am. He is an engineer and I am a musician, so his "logic" far exceeds my own. But he loves me and listens to my "emotion fueled" input, and he integrates it into his decision making.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everyone is flawed. Emotion without logic is no better than logic without emotion. We all feel emotions and we are all capable of logical thought. With that said, women tend to react more quickly on emotion than a man and men are usually more able to take a few steps back and make a clear, rational decision. There are, of course, exceptions to the rule. I've known quite a few highly emotional men and some very logically-minded women.

I don't consider it a flaw that I'm emotional. My husband is very sound and very calm and I'm pretty high strung, but we compliment one another. He counts on me helping him see the emotional side of issues and I count on him to help keep me grounded so that I don't fly off the handle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lilymay

Veteran
Oct 23, 2006
USA
✟13,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am a more logical based person where my husband is the more emotional based person. I analize situations and make my decisions based on my analysis, where my husband will use emotion and common sense to make a decision. Our differences compliment each other.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Generally, do men have a greater ability to make effective decisions more than women because women are more emotional?

It seems like society idealizes logic and when is being emotional ever a good thing?

I feel like women are flawed from the start. :o

Generalisations like emotions can show some insight but also can be lacking too. Logic has it's uses as well. Humor can be good too and if you think about your closing statement.

"I feel like women are flawed from the start." :doh: :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums