✟820,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Republican official in Ohio faces charge for voting twice in November election

Edward Snodgrass, who is a Porter Township trustee, has admitted to forging his dead father’s signature on an absentee ballot and then voting again as himself, court records and other sources revealed.

Snodgrass was busted after a Delaware County election worker questioned the signature on his father’s ballot. A subsequent investigation revealed the ballot had been mailed to H. Edward Snodgrass on Oct. 6 — a day after the 78-year-old retired businessman died.

Snodgrass is due back in court July 9 where, according to a plea agreement, he is expected to plead guilty to a reduced charge of falsification and receive a sentence of three days in jail and a $500 fine.

In the aftermath of the presidential election, Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose released an audit that he said showed a 99.98 percent accuracy rate.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Republican official in Ohio faces charge for voting twice in November election

Edward Snodgrass, who is a Porter Township trustee, has admitted to forging his dead father’s signature on an absentee ballot and then voting again as himself, court records and other sources revealed.

Snodgrass was busted after a Delaware County election worker questioned the signature on his father’s ballot. A subsequent investigation revealed the ballot had been mailed to H. Edward Snodgrass on Oct. 6 — a day after the 78-year-old retired businessman died.

Snodgrass is due back in court July 9 where, according to a plea agreement, he is expected to plead guilty to a reduced charge of falsification and receive a sentence of three days in jail and a $500 fine.

In the aftermath of the presidential election, Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose released an audit that he said showed a 99.98 percent accuracy rate.

Voter fraud! I demand a recount.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
One republican committed fraud, ergo - what? Trump lost the election fair and square so all republicans just shut up about election fraud?

Sure, I see the logic in that. :doh:
Unlike all the other claims of fraud this one has actual evidence that can be presented in a court of law.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
One republican committed fraud, ergo - what?

I am trying to model good behavior for other forum posters. This is what it looks like to provide convincing evidence of voter fraud.

Upvote 0

Toynbee

Trump Won
Sep 22, 2011
✟40,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unlike all the other claims of fraud this one has actual evidence that can be presented in a court of law.
I am trying to model good behavior for other forum posters. This is what it looks like to provide convincing evidence of voter fraud.
Seriously, no need to elaborate. I get it.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟148,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One republican committed fraud, ergo - what? Trump lost the election fair and square so all republicans just shut up about election fraud?

Sure, I see the logic in that. :doh:
I think the issue is the blatant hypocrisy of republicans. They believe THEY should be able to vote however they wish. And it's ok to trample OTHERS' rights as long as their priveleges are not negated. Imagine a local government closing all polling centers in an exclusive, elite neighborhood of white folks forcing THEM to wait ten hours in line to vote without anyone allowed to bring them water to drink? Just imagine the outcry how unfair it is because they are supposed to be priveleged? Can you even imagine it? That is what it will take for some people to gain perspective on the suppression.

• Winner
Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toynbee

Trump Won
Sep 22, 2011
✟40,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could also apologize for impugning my motives.
You didn't state your motive so how could I impugn it? And given the lack of a motive provided in the OP, I think my logic remains sound.

If "trying to model good behavior for other forum posters" truly was your motive - and I'm sure no one questions that - seems to me you've been here long enough though to know how titles and posts like that will be taken - on both sides of the issue - and if worried about that at all, that you'd've taken pains to articulate the point of it clearly, rather than merely hope others will automatically see it, lest you have to come up with a hasty explanation after the fact.

Moreover, you only presented your motive after the logic was challenged - a challenge I haven't retracted because these sort of one-off "lookee here, gotcha!" stories do not, nor should they convince anyone of anything.

Maybe it is actually my motive being impugned?

But again, if "modeling good behavior for other forum posters" was your motive, I'm sure all posters here appreciate such a thoughtful gesture. :thumbsup: However, I'm curious about one thing - the fact that the party affiliation of the individual involved here managed to get put front and center in the story sort of begs the question - how relevant was that to your motive?
Cuz I gotta say....

Republican official <-- It's pretty hard to miss that.

Upvote 0

Toynbee

Trump Won
Sep 22, 2011
✟40,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You immediately generated a ridiculous strawman. And then dismissed it with a forehead-smack emoji.
Nonsense.

Who is getting bashed here for hypocrisy? One Ohio Republican party official - or any Republican who believes there was election fraud? Admit it, this thread is a ridiculous straw man.

Upvote 0