Liz Peek: Trump's big win on relief orders – here's why Pelosi, Schumer are so unhappy

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article.
The president understands the urgency – and he understands political hardball

Furious that Democrat leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer were blocking a bill to help Americans through the COVID-19 crisis, President Trump stepped up and got the job done, all by himself.

Over the weekend, he issued four executive orders that would extend modified unemployment relief to millions who are out of work, protect many from eviction from their homes, provide continued relief from student loan debt and suspend payroll taxes for employers and those earning less than $100,000. It may not be enough, but it was more than Democrats were offering.

This made House Speaker Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Minority Leader Schumer, D-N.Y., very, very unhappy. Pelosi called Trump’s measures “illusions”; sorry, Madam Speaker, for families in need, an extra $400 per week unemployment pay is absolutely real, and extremely welcome.

The president boxed the Democrats in – how can they possibly challenge his orders or take his mandated benefits away from people? The chagrined duo whined that Trump “still does not comprehend the seriousness or the urgency of the health and economic crises facing working families.”

Continued below.
Liz Peek: Trump's big win on relief orders – here's why Pelosi, Schumer are so unhappy

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I seen the speech...
He was jovial but brutal in his statements and I'd dare say that his remarks resonated with most Americans except for the "Blue Dog Democrats".

The way he called them out on what they wanted was extreme and truthful.

I'm not a fan of politics in any sense...not affiliated with either party as I think both are the problem and not a solution.

But what he did do was right and Congress doesn't have enough ethics to even begin to do do what is right. Their only concern is in getting re-elected. If they had just bothered to do their jobs instead of posturing they might actually get re-elected.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,418.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trying to decimate Social Security? Anyone who thinks that's a good thing is probably betting that he will die of covid and not need Social Security.

Who is Liz Peek, anyway? She must work for OAN.
People should thank the Democrats for fighting to try to get them a good stimulus package. Because Donald Trump doesn't care about them, he wanted to get off as cheaply as possible and that's why he took things into his own hands.

And any executive order to guarantee access to insurance for pre-existing conditions isn't worth the paper it is scribbled on. What is needed is affordable insurance for people with pre-existing conditions. Unless people can pay the premiums, Trump's fake solution is a death sentence for them.

Upvote 0