Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know that I exist in this system and I'm sorry but I really HATE that there are some things that happen and actions other people do that are outside of my control. It's frustrating that I can't "talk it out" with someone because they can't do anything of course, and they will only say "That is stuff outside of your control and you need to calm down" but I don't because my frustration won't completely go away. Even in the afterlife, that would feel like I have no control over that because I'll be a transformed person anyway-like no longer me, if I am no longer "able" to feel anger or negative thoughts about anyone or anything. It's not like whatever life I have after this one would be where I can pick and design more or less to my liking and desire.

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know that I exist in this system and I'm sorry but I really HATE that there are some things that happen and actions other people do that are outside of my control. It's frustrating that I can't "talk it out" with someone because they can't do anything of course, and they will only say "That is stuff outside of your control and you need to calm down" but I don't because my frustration won't completely go away. Even in the afterlife, that would feel like I have no control over that because I'll be a transformed person anyway-like no longer me, if I am no longer "able" to feel anger or negative thoughts about anyone or anything. It's not like whatever life I have after this one would be where I can pick and design more or less to my liking and desire.

I think that in the "next life" we'll have far more insight and there will be much reassurance and thus a serenity that's not dozy & numb. Bear that in mind when others add their viewpoints. The "next life" is painted as dull - but by whom and why. What I've stated, I'm inferring.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can have a more clear life, now, with "rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30)

But God is in control. Possibly His is keeping you from having certain kinds of control because He wants you to have all that is better, with Him.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Matthew 6:33-34

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

There isn't going to be any sin in heaven or on the new earth .... dwell on that ;o)

Everything that causes one "angst" is related to sin.

Prayer for Serenity

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will;
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.

May the Lord bring you peace. Amen

Reinhold Niebuhr

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Since this is a site for non-Christians struggling, I must say that we all need the Savior: "Jesus, the Christ of God" in our life and soul. That means to make Him Lord of our life and the Savior of our eternal soul. That is paramount; and that should lead us to "search the Scriptures daily" as God bids us do.
Many things are out of our control, as you mention, so let us embrace what we CAN control ---our destiny. We can possess the salvation and eternal blessings of God's "so great salvation" in making the Lord Jesus our Savior, Lord of our life, and best Friend here on earth. See John 1; John 3; John 14 as a beginning, and then read ALL of the four Gospel books! That MAY open your heart to know the Lord and find eternal hope, peace, and the promise of eternal life with Him. Would that not be a good thing for you? We cannot change the world or people in general!

Upvote 0