Living Waters

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
This is just a portion of the letter I have written for my younger brother, as mentioned in my previous post found here. I thought some here might like to see more about the dragonfly and what God showed me.

A dragonfly lives the first part of it's life under water as a grub. This represents our baptism in Christ and the living waters we receive by His Spirit after we ourselves are baptized.

Take a look at what happened when Jesus was baptized by water.

Matthew 3:16-17  And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well
pleased.

After we are baptized we are given the Holy Spirit this is the Living Waters. Also representative of that grubs life under water. We are like that grub after we accept Jesus we live in the living waters as the next scripture will show.

John 7:37-39 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Now when that grub comes up out of the water. It leaves behind an empty shell. It is also given a new body, one much more beautiful than the one it had before. This is the same thing that happens with us when our earthly bodies perish we are given a new spiritual body. What we leave behind is nothing more than an empty shell. Here are some more scriptures that will help show this.

1 Corinthians 15:35-57

But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest
not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in
dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written,
The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

It is my hope that through this you will see how when we accept Christ as our saviour we are given the Holy Spirit (Living Waters) to dwell in, much like the grub of that dragonfly lives the first part of it's life under water. But only by accepting Christ are we granted an eternal life in which we will recieve a new eternal spiritual body, when the time comes for us to leave our earthly bodies behind. Just as the dragon fly is given a new body when it rises up out of the water and leaves it's empty shell behind. If you take that grub out of water it would not survive long enough to recieve it's new body. It is the same with us if we are not dwelling in the Living Waters that we may only obtain through our belief in Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Here's a compilation of photos that show the empty shell the dragonfly leaves behind, how it first emerges from it's former self, and the new body it is given.

2683dfly01.jpg

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I don't know how many have viewed this but those who have not have missed one incredible blessing! This message and these photo's are beyond words! Talk about God's timing. If God had allowed you to see this years ago, I might not have seen this message or the photo's. I think maybe God showed you when He did because there were other people here at this time who need to see this as well. Glad you are handy with a cam also.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Amen Gerry, This has Gods timing all over it. I did want to see a dragonfly grub come up out of the water and break out of it's shell for years, but God would not allow it. I didn't know what the big deal was with him not letting me see it, at least not until I did see it. Because it was just 20 days before my Dad passed away that He showed this all to me, and He used it to comfort me with. Not only that, I was not able to write about it, not until I got that gift from my brother with the dragonfly on it. Then I knew it was time to write it. I fully believe God will use this to help my younger brother believe that Jesus is the Son of God. And just the fact that someone else could use from here at this time. Wow, Gods timing is truly an amazing thing!

Our God is far beyond Awesome! :clap:

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Beyond Awesome? Yes, indeed. A song has been running through my mind for so long now. One I wish I could sing but never could. Sometimes I see the stars and hear the rolling thunder, and I consider all the worlds His Hands has made. Then I see His Power throughout the universe displayed. And though I may not be able to physically sing it, inside my soul sings: "My God, How GREAT Thou Art!"

Upvote 0