Living in Israel

Somebody asked the question: "How is live, living in Israel?" I thought, ok I will quickly have an answer and tell you all about Israel. Well, I tried and discover that I do not know how to describe the live in the Holy Land.

Living here in Israel, we experience what you see on TV. And yes, things are happening and working to a big “shake up”. But it is prophesied in the Word and it has to happen. But we, like anybody else, go on living from day to day.

We came to Israel in 1997 and at first, we had to learn to survive. Everything is must more expensive and we did not understand Hebrew and knew none of the Jewish customs. We lived in a "world of our own".

After about six months, our daughters went to a Ulpan to study "Hebrew" so that they could go to a Hebrew school and complete their school education. With them as help, a new world opened up to us.

We also met believers and were invited to a Messianic Fellowship. This becomes our spiritual home. The Word of God came "alive". With a Messianic pastor, who knows the scripture and is Spirit filled, we learned to love the Word and spend more time with the Lord and His Word than ever before. I developed a love for the Old Testament, which I saw as a "history book" before we came to Israel.

Living amongst the Jews was and still is an experience too emotional to us to talk about. Being the strangers in the land, after five years we know why people say that the Jews are like the "prickly pear". They say, like the prickly pear, what you discover first is thorny and very unpleasant, but once you get inside to the heart of the "fruit", you taste the sweetness. The Jews that are born in Israel are called "Sabras". That is the Hebrew word for prickly pear.