Living by Faith

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I have been delivering parcels by the thousands and the last 3 weeks have been particularly heavy: working 13 hrs a day.

Wednesday was a bad day with chest pains like a breathless burning sensation and I quit work about mid afternoon not making progression. The day was hot and humid.

Thursday I woke with pain in the middle of the back. Although it seemed clustered around the spine it did not feel like bone or nerve damage pain. That day I achieved a good work load.

On Friday the pain worsened although I managed a cracking pace on par with a good day. I was concerned that I had consumed excessive water the previous 2 days [my car's air conditioner doesn't work so I feel the full extent of the day's heat and try to stave off dehydration as that can lead to problems that will affect my driving] so I was drinking less.

After lunch I reminded the Lord that I enjoyed witnessing of his faithfulness and power and recognised that he is my healer, my faith and trust resting in him. I began to sing words I had written to a hymn tune.

Been healed how I love to proclaim it;
Been healed by the name of the Lord.
Been healed through his infinite mercy
I'll walk in his health evermore.

Been healed! Been healed!
Been healed by the name of the Lord.
Been healed! Been healed!
I'll walk in his health evermore.

His stripes: they were made for my healing,
My sickness and sorrow he bore.
My health he has given in redemption,
Made well by the cross that he bore.

If sickness my body should weaken
I now know the reason its for:
To show by his Spirit I'm quickened
And glorify him evermore.

By mid afternoon the pain was gone and I have not suffered it since.

Thank you Father. Great is your faithfulness.