Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello everyone, We have been blessed with the equipment and are considering doing online church services.
This has come about because of all the people with mental and physical heath problems that I have met here at CF and God has placed them on my heart.
Their limitations keep them from attending a physical church so I thought well why not bring the church to them? These people really need loved on, They need the strength of fellowship.

It would be free for them to log in and listen, fellowship with us or even be involved in prayer request and bible studies if they wish, all live streaming with us.
So I have talked to my small church body and we are praying on this.

Since I am not smart on technology, Is there anything that we should consider first before making this leap?

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many churches do a live stream on Facebook, if one has a Facebook account one can watch and interact easily. My MJ Synagogue live streams their shabbat services on Facebook and one of the Lutheran churches near me live streams their services on Youtube.

You need decent high speed internet service. Nothing crazy, but normal broadband from cable or fiber should be fine.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here's a thought that isn't about technology.

The idea of streaming a church service--plus the Bible studies, fellowship, and all the rest--is a good one. BUT I hope you are planning to actually stream the service,
a real service.

So many of those programs we see on TV offer the sermon only or else the sermon followed up with an appeal for money or some other commentary.

To give a real service from beginning to end would be what I would want if I were a shut-in looking to try to replace what I could not longer do in person.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Here's a thought that isn't about technology.

The idea of streaming a church service--plus the Bible studies, fellowship, and all the rest--is a good one. BUT I hope you are planning to actually stream the service,
a real service.

So many of those programs we see on TV offer the sermon only or else the sermon followed up with an appeal for money or some other commentary.

To give a real service from beginning to end would be what I would want if I were a shut-in looking to try to replace what I could not longer do in person.
Yes that is what I mean by fellowshipping with us and bible studies. I want them to feel like they are a part and belong here :]

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I love the idea of having the whole thing available. Great idea for those not able to physically get to a service - and also maybe for those who are feeling some interest in Christianity and wanting to find out more.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not in favor of such technological innovations being used to substitute for actually being part of the body of Messiah. It seems to be turning the "assemble yourselves together" (Heb 10.25) into a spectator sport, like watching a TV show or football game.

While I agree with Albion that your broadcast should include more than just the sermon, you should be aware of any music or literature (including bible readings) being broadcast as they are copyrighted material and will require royalties. You can probably cover it thru CCLI.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am not in favor of such technological innovations being used to substitute for actually being part of the body of Messiah. It seems to be turning the "assemble yourselves together" (Heb 10.25) into a spectator sport, like watching a TV show or football game.

While I agree with Albion that your broadcast should include more than just the sermon, you should be aware of any music or literature (including bible readings) being broadcast as they are copyrighted material and will require royalties. You can probably cover it thru CCLI.
I am glad that you brought that up, We only sing old hymns from hymnbooks without music. because none of us can play anything anyway.lol
I am just trying to reach those who are home bound due to agoraphobia etc and want them to be strengthened through the fellowship and by love.
They could talk with us through the net, but would have the ability to shut us off at anytime they wanted and it would give them a little control and that might get them to listen long enough to get a seed planted

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suspect that those who will be disobedient about assembling together will be disobedient anyway, whether this is available to them or not. And I think it is invaluable for those who are unable to get to church or those who are perhaps seeking but afraid to walk into a church building (I know some from other faiths who have been able to access online services where family would have prevented them from attending physically)

Also, such services can be used to bring people back into the physical church. I had a friend who was very badly hurt by the treatment she received from a church leadership (which was totally appalling - no way should she have stayed in that church) and was too hurt to go elsewhere. She started 'attending' church online so she still got some teaching, and eventually, the online messages convicted her that she had to find a physical church to be part of!

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Also, such services can be used to bring people back into the physical church. I had a friend who was very badly hurt by the treatment she received from a church leadership (which was totally appalling - no way should she have stayed in that church) and was too hurt to go elsewhere. She started 'attending' church online so she still got some teaching, and eventually, the online messages convicted her that she had to find a physical church to be part of!
That is it in a nutshell. There is great strength in fellowship and I believe if given a chance, it can overcome any obstacles one may be facing. See I have ask many with OCD and so forth, "would they" watch if they could visit with many others with the same problem and they said oh yes :]
So we could all worship together, Just a bunch of fallen sinners saved by God's wonderful grace

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
you should be aware of any music or literature (including bible readings) being broadcast as they are copyrighted material and will require royalties. You can probably cover it thru CCLI.
I think we can use the old bible Hymns, Although to be honest, This might be one part best left out. lol we are not "artist" cough cough but we try to make a joyful noise.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think we can use the old bible Hymns, Although to be honest, This might be one part best left out. lol we are not "artist" cough cough but we try to make a joyful noise.
Yeah - that should work.

For bible readings you should use either KJV or the WEB if you want contemporary language. They are both public domain in the US.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah - that should work.

For bible readings you should use either KJV or the WEB if you want contemporary language. They are both public domain in the US.
I use KJV so that isn't an issue there as I am an expository preacher anyway.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible tells us to make a 'joyful noise' not a 'harmonious' noise, so you'll be fine! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you have a website setup yet? I'd just put it on there.

No, That is something we have to do. Any recommendation? I was wanting to do Zoom or something so we can interact back and forth

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone, We have been blessed with the equipment and are considering doing online church services.
This has come about because of all the people with mental and physical heath problems that I have met here at CF and God has placed them on my heart.
Their limitations keep them from attending a physical church so I thought well why not bring the church to them? These people really need loved on, They need the strength of fellowship.

It would be free for them to log in and listen, fellowship with us or even be involved in prayer request and bible studies if they wish, all live streaming with us.
So I have talked to my small church body and we are praying on this.

Since I am not smart on technology, Is there anything that we should consider first before making this leap?
This is awesome Scotty! Once online you can have folks set it up at nursing homes, hospitals etc.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
This is awesome Scotty! Once online you can have folks set it up at nursing homes, hospitals etc.
Amen, I this possibilities are endless and I believe God is at work greatly here :]

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0