UK
✟17,182.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for all this. It's true as you say though to basically do as Jesus has taught us, despite the reactions we get. Yes indeed need to give it all to the Lord. Thanks for the verses and all you've sent. All very helpful.

I've been reading replies with interest.....I agree that our role model is Jesus, but think in order to 'weather' peoples responses, we need to draw close to Him and have assurance that we are accepted and loved.

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been reading replies with interest.....I agree that our role model is Jesus, but think in order to 'weather' peoples responses, we need to draw close to Him and have assurance that we are accepted and loved.

Yes. We do need to draw close to Jesus. Remain in Him. Yes.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father I pray for TriciaR and ask that You will answer her prayers and ask that those that You have chosen will respond to her in the way that is needed. May she feel loved and appreciated and encouraged by them and be shining examples of Your light, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heavenly Father I pray for TriciaR and ask that You will answer her prayers and ask that those that You have chosen will respond to her in the way that is needed. May she feel loved and appreciated and encouraged by them and be shining examples of Your light, In Jesus Name, Amen

Thanks for your prayer. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Philippians 2:3
...consider others as more important than yourselves.​

This felt a little lacking in full understanding of the situation.
The full verse is:
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3 ESV

I didn't think I was saying this from selfish ambition or conceit. It was just a prayer request. I do understand what our Lord has taught, and if there is any conviction needed the Holy Spirit will convict me. If there is an underlying attitude, I know the Lord will show me. From what I can tell it's more of a situation of lack of connection with people. Wanting to connect though.

The preceding verses are:
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.
Philippians 2:1‭-‬2 ESV

This is talking about being of the same mind in Christ. This is what I hope for, wanting to be of the same mind in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" Isaiah 41:10
Whatever you go through in this life, God is with you.
He walks your walk with you. God's strength is not your strength, just when you think you can't go on, along comes God with His strength and helps you through whatever you have to do. Hang in there TriciaR, God bless you.

Reactions: TriciaR
Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" Isaiah 41:10
Whatever you go through in this life, God is with you.
He walks your walk with you. God's strength is not your strength, just when you think you can't go on, along comes God with His strength and helps you through whatever you have to do. Hang in there TriciaR, God bless you.

Thanks Stephanie7. Much appreciated. :hug:

Upvote 0