✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In need of prayers tonight.
I went for a interview today for a position in a office. It would be primarily a office role based at a college. The interview was fun. I was asked the usual questions by the interviewers, there were two people in the room doing the interview.
Hopefully I’ll get the job. I’ll know by the end of the week.
My numeracy skills are weak, I am dyscalculic. I was diagnosed a few years ago when I was at college studying full time. If I’m offered a position there in the future should I discuss this with them or not?
I have another interview later this week. It is also for a office position.

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord, I pray that Christian girl wil be successful in her job search, and will be given the position that will allow her to prosper and bring glory to your name, and will be enabled to perform numeric calculations skillfully. In the precious name of Jesus, Amen.

I don't know your persona situation, but want to mention a couple of things that might help you with math. Make sure you know your addition and subtraction tables and multiplication tables. There are computer programs that test your response to "fast facts" and will catch the delay if you have to stop and calculate. I tried it once, and it said i was too slow with 12 + 9. I realized I was mentally saying "19, 21" regrouping and solving.

In high school math classes, students often learn the formula of the day and use it blindly without thought. The next day, or when confronted with a different type of problem, they may simply add these then multiply by that without thought, because that's what they learned to do. If you take the extra time to be sure you understand why the formula works, and even waste a little time thinking about the pattern of each new problem, then you will gain the ability to adjust and adapt what you have learned. Making sure you understand a physical example of each problem, and how to solve for any value given the others is helpful. There are a lot of substitutions for equations that we learn to apply automatically, but sometimes you need to slow down and insure you can justify each step.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,816.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am wondering if your job description even requires math skills. Also wondering, if they do, if a calculator would take care of any problem. Maybe you know there are sites online which help with your particular issue, one way or another.

I pray you get the right job for you and that you do well.

Upvote 0