Listen for the Trumpets!!!

Eccl12and13

Jul 23, 2007
✟15,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Memorial of the Blowing of the Trumpets, is another high Sabbath day of God, that goes unnoticed by the so-called Christian world. As a matter of fact most would be Christians have never heard of trumpets in reference to God, except for the old cliché', "when Gabriel blows his horn." Well, Gabriel won't be blowing a horn because he is the messenger. (See Luke 1:26-36 & Daniel 8:16-19) but the Bible lets us know that seven angels will blow seven trumpets. (Revelation 8:6)

Some have heard the story of how, in the days of Joshua, seven priests blew seven trumpets on the seventh day after compass- ing the city of Jericho seven times. Of course, the wall of the city fell down. (See Joshua 6:1-20), nevertheless, no one has realized the significance that this holds for the future, therefore, the commandment of the Lord has gone unnoticed. "...In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a Sabbath, a memorial of Blowing of Trumpets, an holy convocation. (Leviticus 23:24)

Why does the Lord want us to remember the blowing of the trumpets? Well, aside from recreation, trumpets are blown for two reasons. One reason is to announce the come of a king. (Exodus 19:16-20) and the second is to prepare troops for battle (I Corinthians 14:8). Most of us are familiar with the American battle cry followed by the shout "CHARGE." The Lord wants us to be mindful that he, The King of Kings, will one day come to the earth and that he will gather the armies to battle (Armageddon).

Will a trumpet really sound when Jesus returns? Almost everytime we read about the second coming of Jesus we also read about the great trumpet sounding. In Matthew 24:30-31 we read..."And they shall see the son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory, and he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet..." Again in I Thessalonians 4:16 Paul says, "for the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God..." This latter verse lets us know that not only will the trumpet sound but there will also be a great shout when Jesus returns, just as it was in days of Joshua. "So the people shouted when the priest blew with the trumpets.." (Joshua 6:20)

This celebration of the trumpets points directly to the second coming of Jesus. Many have said that Jesus can come any day but the truth is he cannot return until the last angel blows his trumpet. Not only that but the resurrection of the dead hinges on the sound of this great trumpet. The apostle Paul clarifies this saying, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (I Corinthians 15:52)

Now, if we believe in all these things as we should, we ought to celebrate the day that is a memorial of them. The same way people believe that Jesus was born on December 25th (but he wasn't) and celebrate Christmas. As you have seen from this article, The Memorial of the Trumpets is a holy day backed by the Bible but Christmas is not. We in these last days have turned away from the Word of God and are turned to fables just as Paul warned in 2nd Timothy 4:4. Therefore, the Lord will not be pleased when he returns but, "...he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth." (Jeremiah 25:30)

It will be just as the days of the old, when the people gave a shout and the walls of Jericho fell but this time all the nations of the earth shall fall. (Read Revelation 16:19) Yes, things will be identical, only this time on a larger scale, when this Holy day is fulfilled. The apostle John saw this and wrote in Revelation 11:15. "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The Kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."
Now, that you have heard the trumpets, Shouldn't you observe this holy day, because as you see, this day won't go unnoticed forever.

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've been looking around to see if this was a place I could post freely. God links?

Restoration movement to mea means restoring the Hebrew roots. I thought the post was appropriate.

If you do not agree with the theology of OP could you point me to a place that shows what you believe?

bananna

Upvote 0

JDIBe

Oct 3, 2006
Midland, TX
✟9,039.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The term "Restoration Movement" means, in this context, returning to the 1st Century NT Church way of doing things. You can find more in the sticky titled, "What is the Restoration Movement?" at the top of the forum.

While we enjoy the occasional guest, it has kind of gotten out of hand lately. Surely we can come up with some sort of solution.

Upvote 0

Loveaboveall

Mar 14, 2007
✟8,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what are you suggesting is the time to celebrate the "blowing of the trumpets'? Your post does not make much sense. Are you suggesting celebrating a specific day?

I can assume you are speaking of the feast of trumpets that fell 10 days before the day of atonement, am I correct? Let me ask your perspective on this....

What is the antitype of the feast of trumpets? the same for the day of atonement? and also for the feast of tabernacles? All were fall feasts that came after the spring feasts of passover, first fruits, and pentecost.

Upvote 0

Eccl12and13

Jul 23, 2007
✟15,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what are you suggesting is the time to celebrate the "blowing of the trumpets'? Your post does not make much sense. Are you suggesting celebrating a specific day?

I can assume you are speaking of the feast of trumpets that fell 10 days before the day of atonement, am I correct? Let me ask your perspective on this....

What is the antitype of the feast of trumpets? the same for the day of atonement? and also for the feast of tabernacles? All were fall feasts that came after the spring feasts of passover, first fruits, and pentecost.

Below is the reason for the post: To let those who may not have known that God has holy days for us to keep, that all point to His coming kingdom.

Why does the Lord want us to remember the blowing of the trumpets? Well, aside from recreation, trumpets are blown for two reasons. One reason is to announce the come of a king. (Exodus 19:16-20) and the second is to prepare troops for battle (I Corinthians 14:8). Most of us are familiar with the American battle cry followed by the shout "CHARGE." The Lord wants us to be mindful that he, The King of Kings, will one day come to the earth and that he will gather the armies to battle (Armageddon).

Will a trumpet really sound when Jesus returns? Almost everytime we read about the second coming of Jesus we also read about the great trumpet sounding. In Matthew 24:30-31 we read..."And they shall see the son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory, and he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet..." Again in I Thessalonians 4:16 Paul says, "for the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God..." This latter verse lets us know that not only will the trumpet sound but there will also be a great shout when Jesus returns, just as it was in days of Joshua. "So the people shouted when the priest blew with the trumpets.." (Joshua 6:20)

This celebration of the trumpets points directly to the second coming of Jesus. Many have said that Jesus can come any day but the truth is he cannot return until the last angel blows his trumpet. Not only that but the resurrection of the dead hinges on the sound of this great trumpet. The apostle Paul clarifies this saying, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (I Corinthians 15:52)

And yes it should be done on a specific date, as according to Lev 23 chap;

[24] Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

And the date for this year was Sep 11th at sundown.

Upvote 0

annie1speed

Mar 16, 2007
Alabama
✟16,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
May I ask, what if anything does this thread have to do with the Restoration Movement?

I was one of the folks who argued to allow non-RMs to post here, but I thought the folks who came to visit here would at least show some manners. Ecc12&13 you have repeatedly posted and maintained these threads that are foriegn to us. Do we have to keep reporting you or can you take a hint?

And Travis you are just encouraging him. :)

Upvote 0

Eccl12and13

Jul 23, 2007
✟15,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what about the other feast days, Day of Atonement and Feast of Tabernacles?

God gave us His feast for a reason and they all should be observed in thier season.

First He gives us His Sabbath;

Lev 23;

[3] Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

Then the rest, starting with the Passover;

[4] These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
[5] In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover.

Followed by the 1st and 7th day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread;

[6] And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
[7] In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
[8] But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

Followed by the Day of Pentecost; pente = 50

[15] And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
[16] Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.

Then the Memorial Blowing of the Trumpets;

[24] Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

Next the day of Atonement;

[27] Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

And ending with the 1st and 8th day of the Feast of Tabernacles;

[34] Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD.
[35] On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
[36] Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you;

Please notice whose feast these are;

[37] These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations,

These are Gods' feast He gave to us, to keep us in remembrence of things past and those events which will take place in the future.

Upvote 0

Eccl12and13

Jul 23, 2007
✟15,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I ask, what if anything does this thread have to do with the Restoration Movement?

I was one of the folks who argued to allow non-RMs to post here, but I thought the folks who came to visit here would at least show some manners. Ecc12&13 you have repeatedly posted and maintained these threads that are foriegn to us. Do we have to keep reporting you or can you take a hint?

First I would just like to thank you for allowing me to post on this forum.

Second, if I have stepped out of the following guidelines please let me know and I will cease;

1) "No Creed but Christ." The phrase "No Creed But Christ" means that no Restoration Movement congregation will require a believer to read, memorize, sign, recite, affirm, pledge, or in any way have anything to do with a written creed as a litmus test for fellowship, baptism or communion, nor will a seeker or non-believer be expected to learn a creed in order to continue learning or attending. Many, if not most, RM congregations have a written "Statement of Beliefs." Such as statement is for information only, and is not a standard to which one must agree in order to have fellowship.

2) "Where the Scriptures speak, we speak; where the Scriptures are silent, we are silent." In essence, this means that congregations affiliated with the Restoration Movement reject chatechisms and the like, and base their beliefs only on Scripture.

3) "In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love." Believers affiliated with the Restoration Movement will not exclude other Christians from fellowship based on differing beliefs on "non-essential" doctrines. Restoration Movement believers will show love to believers with whom they may disagree.

4) "We are not the only Christians, but we are Christians only." Restoration Movement believers do not claim to be the only Christians, and we accept other believers who profess to believe in Jesus Christ as our brothers and sisters. However, we do not attach any other name to ourselves other than "Christian." There is a very small percentage of RM believers who believe that only RM believers are true Christians, but this is not a popular view.

5) "The priesthood of all believers." We believe that all believers are "priests" and can access God through prayer without a human intermediary.

I'm sorry if some of what I present is foriegn to you, but I only post what is written between Gen. and Rev. with the following scripture my only source for doctrine;

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Tim 3.

I follow no creed,

I post only what is written in the bible without my own opinions,

I believe that love is,"
[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." 1 John 5,

I believe that, "[16] And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." John 10,

And I also know that we have someone to pray to, "[1] Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;.

If any of the above scriptures is out of line with your guide lines, once please let me know.

Thanks again for the comments and reading my posts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freespiritchurch

Visiting after long absence
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2005
Ypsilanti
✟49,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We probably need to change the definition of the Restoration Movement. One of the common characteristics of RM churches has been a strong emphasis on the New Testament and the belief that Old Testament laws were not meant for Christians. So while you do agree to the beliefs listed in the definition, your argument is very much against the grain of Restoration Movement teaching.

Alan

Reactions: Bananna
Upvote 0

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Pardon me, but why would a restoration movement not want to know what was being celebrated in the first century church.

As for what to do about it...we handle teaching of non members in our MJ forum by simply tell them they can take such to a debate thread, but that teaching is not allowed for non members. IE. If it was me I'd have posted a question... What do RM believe about the fall feasts?

You can add it to your wiki rules no teaching by non members and have a short description of your members.

just my suggestion.

bananna

Upvote 0

Eccl12and13

Jul 23, 2007
✟15,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We probably need to change the definition of the Restoration Movement. One of the common characteristics of RM churches has been a strong emphasis on the New Testament and the belief that Old Testament laws were not meant for Christians. So while you do agree to the beliefs listed in the definition, your argument is very much against the grain of Restoration Movement teaching.

Alan

So let me ask this question....Do you believe none of the Laws of the OT are meant for Chrisians today, or do some still apply? And if some are still to be kept, how do you make the determination which to keep and which to reject?

For instance, when Jesus was asked how to get eternal life, His reply was, ".......but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." 19 Matt 17.

And when asked which ones, He said, ".........Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
[19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." 19 Matt; 18-19.

Now all of these were originally given by God in the OT. Are only these (6) OT laws to be kept, or are these laws not meant for christians today? And what of the other (4) that were not mentioned? Does the fact that Jesus did not mention them mean they are no longer valid?

Just trying to get a guage on the RM forum.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums