• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

List of Biblical contradictions withers to none

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+14,055
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Some fellow pleased to call himself a skeptic, which is to say an atheist, thinks Matthew 28:1 (In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward to the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepluchre).

This is listed as the 115th Biblical "contradiction" at Skeptically.org, a contradiction seen by everybody, the author assures us, but "fundamentalist idiots." The presence of this glaring contradiction indicates two different accounts of Jesus' resurrection, and two different accounts proves the Bible could not have been given by the Holy Spirit. Thus Christianity is a fraud.

You can hear the exasperated but patient voice of Phillip Campbell as he in The Book of Non-Contradiction:Harmonizing the Scriptures writes: The Book of Non-Contradiction: Harmonizing the Scriptures: Phillip Campbell: 9781542947145: Amazon.com: Books

"Dawn means when the sun first begins to come into view on the horizon in the morning. It is still usually kind of dark at dawn." Indeed, as the poet said, it is then the darkest.

Continued below.
    List Of Biblical Contradictions Withers To None

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+3,893
    Anabaptist
    I think the original Jewish/ Hebrew meaning/ language / i.e. the overall meaning (in original context and language Breathed by YHWH through His Chosen Men writing His Word) differs quite substantially from what you have quote Phillip Cambell as saying.

On this forum, I don't think it's worth stating (or over-stating?) the obvious, so people who read this who want to know can find out instead from Hebrew/ believers websites that they may find online by appropriate searching. Don't be at all surprised at all the discrepancies you will find, that have been found, for centuries, as tradition of men has often supplanted what the Word of YHWH says clearly and plainly in the original meaning and so forth....

3. Michie

+14,055
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Ugh!

4. Fish Catcher Jim

Fish Catcher Jim Radically Saved

+436
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    There is NO CONTRADICTIONS IN GOD'S MOST HOLY WORD.

Only mans lack in understanding
    Blessings
    FCJ

5. Fenwick

Fenwick Well-Known Member

+4,820
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    This is why I put "[Catholics only]" in the subject lines of all my posts. But that's just me.

;)

6. Michie

+14,055
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yeah, looks like I am going to have to do the same. Fellowship us awesome but I'm getting tired of the thinly veiled and downright jabs. It is exaspersting. Nobody even reads a fraction of what they comment on.

7. Fish Catcher Jim

+436
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Greetings Michie,
    Your use of Nobody is not 100 percent truthful.

You can label it anything you wish but in here, you will still get the rudeness unfortunately.

Blessings
    FCJ

8. Michie

+14,055
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Believe me, I know not all Protestants are that way. Unfortunately the loud one with their finger wagging get the attention. Anyway... This is a Catholic home forum. I don't go into others home forum telling them how ignorant and unChristian they are. Rudeness is not a fruit of the Spirit.

9. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+3,893
    Anabaptist
    [​IMG]

10. Serving Zion

Serving Zion Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness Supporter

+249
    Christian
    Private
    While I do believe this statement, I also am aware of a major contradiction between Luke 20:16 and Matthew 21:41, showing that the scriptures have not carried God's Holy Word 100% without error to this day.

In Matthew 21:41, it is written that the Pharisees suggested that The Father would put the wicked farmers to a terrible death:

They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

In Luke 20:16 it is written that Jesus said it:

He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

.. this is a major discrepancy having serious consequences as regarding the character of Jesus. Furthermore, it is a type of discrepancy that cannot be reconciled unless one of them is acknowledged as wrong.

I'm interested to know your thoughts about that, especially seeing that you are an official CF Ambassador!

11. Fish Catcher Jim

+436
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Those are not CONTRADICTIONS in God's Word but RATHER how you are perceiving what you are reading.

When ever some one "thinks" they found issues with The Most Holy Written Word Of God, they simply are not "thinking" correctly.

Blessings
    FCJ

12. Fish Catcher Jim

+436
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    No, that's should have been taken off

13. Serving Zion

Serving Zion Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness Supporter

+249
    Christian
    Private
    Can you please clarify this comment Jim? Do you believe that Jesus said it or that the Pharisee's said it? Also, please explain why you view it that way.

14. Fenwick

Fenwick Well-Known Member

+4,820
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    My theory is that if someone's here to post in fellowship, they'll make themselves and their intentions known fairly early on. The other 99% who come in here usually wander in thanks to that no-good sidebar, and they're lost at best or on a crusade at worst.

Just a sad reality.