loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sen. Lindsey Graham's Old Comments About Merrick Garland Come Back To Haunt Him
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) was called out for hypocrisy on Monday after comments he made in 2016 resurfaced on social media.

The conservative lawmaker is a staunch defender of Judge Brett Kavanaugh, President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee who has been accused of sexual assault. On Monday, Graham slammed Democrats for calling for an FBI investigation into the Kavanaugh allegations, and claimed that they were playing politics by trying to keep the seat open until after the midterm election:
tulc(will just leave this here) :wave:

No Swansong

Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!
Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Well, considering that both parties believed the next President would be Hillary, this isn't exactly a big gotcha.

Just leaving this here.
Not really an issue since they were assured to have the Senate and could just keep on refusing to consider any nominee.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not really an issue since they were assured to have the Senate and could just keep on refusing to consider any nominee.
I think you vastly misunderstand what makes Mitch McConnell tick. There's a reason it took until 2015 for Republicans to give him any respect at all.

Upvote 0

No Swansong

Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!
Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I think you vastly misunderstand what makes Mitch McConnell tick. There's a reason it took until 2015 for Republicans to give him any respect at all.
Please feel free to share what it is you think I am missing?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please feel free to share what it is you think I am missing?
I'm saying that I'm in the column of people who regard Mitch McConnell as the ultimate politician. You can always depend on him to do whatever's best for McConnell. McConnell plays the game better than I've ever seen anybody play it before. I daresay he's better at it than Bill Clinton (who was no slouch).

McConnell refused to consider Garland's nomination. Democrats have characterized that as everything from cheating to plain ol' treason. Me, I think the real answer is that McConnell simply wanted the next President to owe him a BIG one. It so happens that the beneficiary of McConnell's trickery was Trump. But (A) everybody expected Hillary to win, including McConnell and (B) Trump owes McConnell a big one now.

My point in saying all this is that liberals seem to honestly believe that McConnell is some kind of ideologically-driven madman. I don't think they understand the guy or his motivations. Maybe it's just too personal for them at this point. Hard to say.

But this notion that McConnell is loyal to anything other than his own ambition is, I think, a drastic misreading of the man.

You are welcome to agree or disagree with this assessment.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm saying that I'm in the column of people who regard Mitch McConnell as the ultimate politician. You can always depend on him to do whatever's best for McConnell. McConnell plays the game better than I've ever seen anybody play it before. I daresay he's better at it than Bill Clinton (who was no slouch).

McConnell refused to consider Garland's nomination. Democrats have characterized that as everything from cheating to plain ol' treason. Me, I think the real answer is that McConnell simply wanted the next President to owe him a BIG one. It so happens that the beneficiary of McConnell's trickery was Trump. But (A) everybody expected Hillary to win, including McConnell and (B) Trump owes McConnell a big one now.

My point in saying all this is that liberals seem to honestly believe that McConnell is some kind of ideologically-driven madman. I don't think they understand the guy or his motivations. Maybe it's just too personal for them at this point. Hard to say.

But this notion that McConnell is loyal to anything other than his own ambition is, I think, a drastic misreading of the man.

You are welcome to agree or disagree with this assessment.
This article, and video I hope, is about Lindsey Graham.

Upvote 0