Lindsay Graham reacts to Mueller report...

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The exact opposite reaction they should have, Clinton and Trump were both cleared because there was no indication of criminal intent. Our politics has gotten so juvenile, I was so hoping the GOP would change the character of political dialogue, a more positive argument for their agenda was in order. I can't help but be disappointed, but I can't say I'm not surprised.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
there's no intent required for the crime Hillary committed.
Which crime would that be? The one where she was investigated a dozen times or the one where she was investigated 4 times?

Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which crime would that be? The one where she was investigated a dozen times or the one where she was investigated 4 times?
the one where she used her private server to transmit top secret emails. The same one where her minions tried to destroy hard drives and her buddies at the DOJ gave everyone immunity in exchange for nothing.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The ones she committed and was not prosecuted for because the FBI director claimed he could not find something irrelevant to the charges that was right in front of his nose.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
the one where she used her private server to transmit top secret emails. The same one where her minions tried to destroy hard drives and her buddies at the DOJ gave everyone immunity in exchange for nothing.
The ones she committed and was not prosecuted for because the FBI director claimed he could not find something irrelevant to the charges that was right in front of his nose.
Ah, that one. Sorry, they are blurring together a bit after 2 years of trump administration with nothing happening.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The exact opposite reaction they should have, Clinton and Trump were both cleared because there was no indication of criminal intent. Our politics has gotten so juvenile, I was so hoping the GOP would change the character of political dialogue, a more positive argument for their agenda was in order. I can't help but be disappointed, but I can't say I'm not surprised.

On what, exactly, did you base this hope?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
On what, exactly, did you base this hope?
Bipartisan cooperation is liable to start looking good to them, probably after it's too late. I might have been overly optimistic but this always shifts, you would think they would learn that after a while.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
there's no intent required for the crime Hillary committed.
There is always an intent required for a crime, that's simply how our common law works and it's in the case law precedence.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Bipartisan cooperation is liable to start looking good to them, probably after it's too late.

Clearly we haven't gotten to that point yet .

I might have been overly optimistic but this always shifts, you would think they would learn that after a while.

Some whiles are longer than others.

• Agree
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, that one. Sorry, they are blurring together a bit after 2 years of trump administration with nothing happening.

Nothing? Why we have had 2 years of a special prosecutor investigation based on a unsubstantiated suspicion that a crime might have been committed. And nothing happened. I guess you're correct about that anyway. So we had a special prosecutor to investigate something that did not happen but we had no special prosecutor assigned to investigate a crime that everyone involved in the FBI investigation admits actually took place.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is always an intent required for a crime, that's simply how our common law works and it's in the case law precedence.

Try telling the judge that you did not intend to break the speed limit by driving 85MPH in a 30 MPH zone and see how effective that is .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Nothing concerning Hillary Clinton, yes. The last I heard was that Trump didn't want anything bad happen to hear. Then, nothing but some book toures.

You must be pretty mad at Trump for not getting a special prosecutor on HCs case, mustn't you?

• Agree
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nothing concerning Hillary Clinton, yes. The last I heard was that Trump didn't want anything bad happen to hear. Then, nothing but some book toures.

You must be pretty mad at Trump for not getting a special prosecutor on HCs case, mustn't you?

I don't get emotionally stirred up by politics. So no I'm not mad. Bemused maybe.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And here I thought the GOP would keep and defend the moral high ground, boy was I wrong :doh:

Graham is beginning to worry me. 5 months ago I would have said he's the best senator us conservatives had aside from maybe Paul...but he's losing at least my support rather quickly (this and the "bipartisan" usurpation of gun rights).

• Agree
Upvote 0