Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Likens it to common cold, says it's being overhyped to hurt President Trump.

Rush Limbaugh is back in the news again, this time while airing some controversial theories about the coronavirus. "It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump," Limbaugh said during his Monday radio show, per HuffPost. "Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus," he added.

Limbaugh Has a Few Theories About the Coronavirus

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Prides himself on being documented-right, 98% of the time. Blunders do come packaged fairly sizable at times. But "hyped"? All I know is the man does have inside coverage quite a lot.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So who is linking Trump and Corona virus now ? Well, apart from Limbaugh ?

Oh yeah and Russians were implying that Trump`s history with beauty pageant history handing out crowns and Corona meaning crown in latin is totally coincidence and is not conspiracy theory. They said this enough times that it really stuck around. Which is of course what they intended.

But is anyone credible in the free world making anything out of this ?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Rush Limbaugh is back in the news again, this time while airing some controversial theories about the coronavirus. "It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump," Limbaugh said during his Monday radio show, per HuffPost. "Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus," he added.

You're nice & I usually legit love your threads bc they have good news most of the time & that is totally needed atm. This isn't needed. Please don't help to spread Rush's looney conspiracy theory bc disinformation about the coronavirus has already spread around the world & it's hurting ppl. What Rush said is so incredibly narcissistic, just focused on Trump & himself not the fact that this is an extremely serious global health pandemic that is killing ppl.

It's so next level pathetic it makes him & Trump look worse, it's playing the victims when there are real victims. Ella from here is majoring in public health @ stanford, this is her area of focus, public health, she said the disinformation is a pandemic. Stanford just had a meeting w the European Parliament last week to talk about the global problem of disinformation that is making everything so so so so so so much harder & more chaotic.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Sad! Trump and Rush Limbaugh are just a like, and not in a good way. How does these two people have any admirers. Or people have respect for them. As for Rush thoughts on the coronavirus as a weapon to bring Trump down. China would have just brought the virus to Trump on a water bottle, since Trump doesn't have security checked water bottles or better yet, take the virus to a Mc Donald's, that he orders from and sneeze the virus in there. China doesn't have to get a lot of their people sick and many other counties sick to bring Trump down.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Didn't Trump just give this guy an award?

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Limbaugh might be right about this. Or not.

It certainly is not beyond the realm of possibility that this opportunity for more scare tactics on the part of the Democratic Party strategists has come like a last-minute gift before the election.

They've already tried a half-dozen other "the sky is falling" claims, remember. All of them were used in hopes of bringing down the President, so this one isn't necessarily any different.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Limbaugh might be right about this. Or not.

It certainly is not beyond the realm of possibility that this opportunity for more scare tactics on the part of the Democratic Party strategists has come like a last-minute gift before the election.

They've already tried a half-dozen other "the sky is falling" claims, remember. All of them were used in hopes of bringing down the President, so this one isn't necessarily any different.

I can't see how he could be right when comparing a virus that hospitalises that majority and is lethal for some to the common cold, people don't often die of a cold. Trump could perhaps show some leadership by taking the focus off himself and appointing someone competent to manage the response to coronavirus, as the guy he has doing the job at the moment wasn't able to answer basic questions about it. Valuing loyalty over experience and competence becomes an issue when the people appointed actually need to deal with something.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I can't see how he could be right when comparing a virus that hospitalises that majority and is lethal for some to the common cold, people don't often die of a cold.
Only 2% of those infected die from the Coronavirus too. And there are people who do die from a cold because it leads to pneumonia or something else, especially in the elderly and/or frail.

In short, he could be correct in what he said about someone taking political advantage. Not necessarily that he IS, but he could be.

Trump could perhaps show some leadership by taking the focus off himself and appointing someone competent to manage the response to coronavirus....
You think, I take it, that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are incompetent?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You think, I take it, that the Center for Disease Control is incompetent?

No, the people who are supposed to support them with the right planning, logistics, some sort of clue, like this guy: GOP senator grills acting Homeland Security Secretary over lack of coronavirus knowledge: "You're supposed to keep us safe"
Thankfully the CDC isn't a Trump project.
What is gained from Trump trying to play it down, rather than taking effective action? I don't get the logic, assuming there is a logic to it.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You think, I take it, that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are incompetent?

The CDC has been very good on this.

Meanwhile, a top health official warned the spread of the virus was inevitable.

“It’s not a question of if this will happen but when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illnesses,” said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, a top health official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"I told my children at breakfast today that although risk is low we need to be preparing for significant disruption to our lives," Messonnier later added.

But the head of DHS didn't wow Congress with his answers.

In a hearing with Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf, Republican Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana grew visibly agitated that the Cabinet secretary couldn't say what U.S. models were predicting or whether health care workers had the right equipment.

“You’re head of Homeland Security. Do we have enough respirators or not?” Kennedy told Wolf, who deferred questions on the scope of the crisis and preparedness plans to the Health and Human Services Department.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This isn't needed. Please don't help to spread Rush's looney conspiracy theory bc disinformation about the coronavirus has already spread around the world & it's hurting ppl.

Since disinformation spreads regardless, best to address the theories directly.

Rush seems to have missed the shut down cities in Italy, China, South Korea, Iran etc., if he thinks it is a manufactured crisis.

He seems to have missed the economic impacts which are happening, whether he thinks it is overblown or not. It is not just about the US response. We may have some influence in world markets, but we don't control them.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only 2% of those infected die from the Coronavirus too. And there are people who do die from a cold because it leads to pneumonia or something else, especially in the elderly and/or frail.

I think we can agree that the impact of the virus on a whole range of things, from the number of deaths to the beginnings of disruption to the world economy, has been quite serious. What is the point of Trump and co making it all about them? I can't see any good reason for defending that.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What you wrote was this:

...appointing someone competent to manage the response to coronavirus, as the guy he has doing the job at the moment wasn't able to answer basic questions about it.
That looks like you meant to refer to the spokesmen for the medical authorities, not some "GOP senator." If so, the spokesmen for the CDC are the same ones who have been there since before Trump was elected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you wrote was this:

That looks like you meant to refer to the spokesmen for the medical authorities, not some "GOP senator." If so, the spokesmen for the CDC are the same ones who have been there since before Trump was elected.

No, the homeland security secretary, the guy in the video you can see in the link. He has responsiblities to support the CDC in containing the spread of the virus, but seems to have little idea about it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Rush seems to have missed the shut down cities in Italy, China, South Korea, Iran etc., if he thinks it is a manufactured crisis.

He seems to have missed the economic impacts which are happening, whether he thinks it is overblown or not.
and you seem to have missed his point. He isn't saying that this is now a serious disease and that it has spread, but that the scare-mongers on the American scene see it as an opportunity to discredit the President.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Who has said anything even remotely resembling this:

Still, Limbaugh sees an anti-Trump agenda behind much of the media coverage. “It’s really being hyped as a deadly Andromeda strain or Ebola pandemic that, 'Oh, my God, is going to wipe out the nation. It’s going to wipe out the population of the world,'"?

What did this guy get an award for?

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and you seem to have missed his point. He isn't saying that this is now a serious disease and that it has spread,

Before I respond, can you clarify?

Is "now" supposed to read "not"?

He seems to be alleging it is not serious. But the world response is already serious.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Before I respond, can you clarify?

Is "now" supposed to read "not"?
yes.

He seems to be alleging it is not serious. But the world response is already serious.
Look, there probably is room to question Limbaugh's take on the severity of the spreading disease. I admitted that up front. However, that is no reason for anyone to approach this matter by ignoring his main point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.