US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been writing fiction in a town I created in Colorado named Laura Creek. This short story is about Landon and Lily. I made the characters after one of my brothers and his girlfriend. I hope you enjoy the short story. :blossom:

Laura Creek fiction

Landon and Lily

Landon lived in a comfortable apartment in Laura Creek, Virginia with his wife Lily. The apartment was a dark brown wooden apartment building that looked charming and was surrounded by beautiful green trees in a quiet neighborhood.

Landon was a young man. He was twenty five. He had married Lily when he was twenty four. Lily was twenty five too. Landon was a young African American man. He had dark brown skin and soft kind brown eyes and soft thick hair that was slightly wavy, that he wore a few inches long. He had a soft beard. He had a round medium sized nose and medium sized lips. He was about 5 feet 8 inches and was slender.

On this day he wore a soft burgundy sweater and jeans with brown boots. He had cleaned up in the shower and brushed his teeth and he dressed. His wife Lily slept in her bed. Their bedroom had cream walls. Their bed was made of a dark wood and the bed cover was a blue quilt. Lily slept peacefully in bed. Lily was Indian. She had tan skin and soft dark eyes with long eyelashes. She had a small full nose and small lips. She had soft long black thick hair that was slightly wavy and fell to her mid back. Lily slept and Landon went in the kitchen to make some oatmeal for himself and Lily when she woke. Landon made the oatmeal in a pot and added milk. He made the oatmeal and it smelled wonderful. He found two soft blue thick plastic bowls that he brought from a home goods shop. He found a large thick metal spoon and served two bowls of the oatmeal. The oatmeal looked delicious. He found a bag of raisins and walnuts in his cabinet and put some in both bowls. He found two full glasses and found orange juice in the fridge and poured two glasses of orange juice. He found two trays that he had brought from the home-goods store. The trays were plastic and patterned with an Indian pattern. Landon put each bowl on a tray. Landon wrapped two spoons in blue napkins and put them on the two trays. It was Sunday. Landon knew he had to wake Lily up for church soon. Landon carried a tray into the bedroom to give to Lily. He sat in bed with her and gently woke her up. Lily woke and smiled at Landon and he gently kissed her cheek and stroked her hair.

“Good morning dear,” Landon said gently, “I made you some oatmeal and brought you some orange juice. It is almost time to go to church.”

Lily smiled, “Thank you Landon.” Lily sat up and put the tray on her lap and prayed and began to eat. The oatmeal was delicious to her. She sipped the orange juice.

Landon brought his tray over and sat on the bed with Lily. He ate his oatmeal with her after praying. Landon thought about how Lily was precious to him and that she was his soulmate. Lily relaxed with Landon and thought about how she loved Landon. Lily thought about how kind and gentle Landon was toward her and that he comforted her soul. Lily loved Landon very much and knew he was her soulmate.