Paphos
✟8,142.00
Country
Cyprus
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though I am old in years, I am a young born again Christian. Our ladies group is having a discussion on Light tomorrow morning and we have all been asked to give our interpretation of what that Light means to us. And whilst I understand this to be the Light of Gods word........”thy lamp is a light unto my path”, I wanted to illustrate that even a lamp has an ‘on off’ switch. And as Christians, we too can hit that switch to off when we become critical/gossip/judgemental/silent etc as that hides our light......My question is guys, (sorry it took me a long time to get here) I’m struggling wiith the off switch at “Gossip”......what would be the On switch? when we hear gossip?

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You might want to stick with introducing yourself here and we can all say Hi ! Then meander over to the Christian Advice forum to pose your questions there.

Meanwhile don't feed into any gossip and keep your lamp lit bright !

Reactions: j.k.a.
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though I am old in years, I am a young born again Christian. Our ladies group is having a discussion on Light tomorrow morning and we have all been asked to give our interpretation of what that Light means to us. And whilst I understand this to be the Light of Gods word........”thy lamp is a light unto my path”, I wanted to illustrate that even a lamp has an ‘on off’ switch. And as Christians, we too can hit that switch to off when we become critical/gossip/judgemental/silent etc as that hides our light......My question is guys, (sorry it took me a long time to get here) I’m struggling wiith the off switch at “Gossip”......what would be the On switch? when we hear gossip?
Welcome! When there is a discussion on darkness certainly bring up sin and its consequences. However the assignment is to discuss " light" and that light is Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟421,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome to the forums @Letitia . Enjoy your stay here. We are a friendly bunch.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟379,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF.

I think the point is there should be no off switch where God is concerned. We should never allow sinful things of the world to cut that connection. If we do, the mechanism for "turning the switch back on" is repentance, prayer, reading God's word, effecting change in your life and having faith in Jesus.

Happy Sabbath!

Upvote 0

Letitia

Apr 3, 2021
Paphos
✟8,142.00
Country
Cyprus
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF.

I think the point is there should be no off switch where God is concerned. We should never allow sinful things of the world to cut that connection. If we do, the mechanism for "turning the switch back on" is repentance, prayer, reading God's word, effecting change in your life and having faith in Jesus.

Happy Sabbath!
I do understand there should be no On Off switch in Christians, but even God understands we are ‘human’, we are not yet perfect! We are still prone to sin, whilst trying our best not to. And by Gods amazing Grace, we can repent and be forgiven

Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Check your sources. It is hateful to testify falsely about someone. Rumors are common, while the truth is not as easy to find. Teaching truthfully may build up or correct a person without tearing the person down. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Upvote 0

Letitia

Apr 3, 2021
Paphos
✟8,142.00
Country
Cyprus
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Check your sources. It is hateful to testify falsely about someone. Rumors are common, while the truth is not as easy to find. Teaching truthfully may build up or correct a person without tearing the person down. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
Welcome!!!

Hmm... Yeah, I'd say once the light is turned on, then just keep your focus on God's kingdom and not the things of this world.
thank you for the Welcome ☺️.
You might want to stick with introducing yourself here and we can all say Hi ! Then meander over to the Christian Advice forum to pose your questions there.

Meanwhile don't feed into any gossip and keep your lamp lit bright !
Thank you Dave G, actually that is my husbands name and I thought it was him answering me (smiley face)
. I am not too sure how or where to say Hi......and now, I can’t find how to put another post on....’old folk and technology’ x

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Letitia

Apr 3, 2021
Paphos
✟8,142.00
Country
Cyprus
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome sister . I hope you have a great weekend ❤️
Thank you Grace, I am just trying to find my way around this forum, can’t find where I say “Hi” to everyone :)
Welcome to the forums @Letitia . Enjoy your stay here. We are a friendly bunch.
Thank you Jesse, I’m not sure if I’m posting answers in the right place though as it is my first time on a forum......but here’s hoping. My Woman’s group went well this morning, and actually, God in His infinite wisdom fed me what I needed, Praise Him.....although I do thank everyone for their replies x

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
thank you for the Welcome ☺️.

.and now, I can’t find how to put another post on....’old folk and technology’ x
If you scroll up to the top of the page you will see tab that says "Forums". Click on that and a page will load with all the various categories you can post to. Some require you accepting terms for that forum but not all do that. I think it took me two years of mistakes before I got a handle on it all and I still screw up now and then.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Letitia,
welcome to CF

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

344365_10e2a1f7a84c759008fd505dcca0b105.gif

342373_4e16b051a519b7a7b764183bba0f8cee.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

j.k.a.

Christian faithful from north europe
Apr 3, 2021
Olofström
✟8,417.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I thinks its many voices perhaps 2,3,4,5 or more nazis or its racists, or communists or foreigners or females so did with human's in my town with me after I leave a polish in public school excastly 17 years since voices did never accepting a foreign and protestant had faithful of nazis without a polish-communist-hip hop fans voices did never want beat me closely even they know when I plays industrial metal in youtube.

Upvote 0