US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love the Eastern concept of "light novel" which are just anime novels. I write light novels and wanted to know why they arent as common in the West. I would love light novels to become more common here in the States. I feel anime can be used as a way to help people heal and to have different ways of writing their stories. Attached is a picture of how light novels look. I used to want to be involved in video game making and animation creation. I never got to get involved in it so I write instead. I pray that light novels become more common in the West and that Christian light novels come out. I also like writing regular Christian novels.

Attachments

• light novels.jpg
    light novels.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I wouldn't call them anime novels, since 1) they aren't always best adapted into anime, from what I've heard from fans and 2) they're a fairly popular industry in themselves, like manga and anime, even if all three seem to exist in a weird web of relationships

If anything, they're novels with illustrations occasionally inserted for flavor. It's an interesting idea and I think there are publishers that have picked up light novels, though it's still pretty uncommon compared to manga and anime

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't call them anime novels, since 1) they aren't always best adapted into anime, from what I've heard from fans and 2) they're a fairly popular industry in themselves, like manga and anime, even if all three seem to exist in a weird web of relationships

If anything, they're novels with illustrations occasionally inserted for flavor. It's an interesting idea and I think there are publishers that have picked up light novels, though it's still pretty uncommon compared to manga and anime
Thank you for explaining that to me :)I wish they were more common in the US.

Upvote 0