• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Life sucks big time

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you tried posture exercises to help with the back? Maybe something 5-10 minutes a day. What about standing? Can you stand? Exercises? Jumping Jacks? These are things to get you moving around and also to build some routine in your life and something you can build on as an accomplishment.

I would also take all this to God in prayer if you have not done so. Here is a prayer I wrote for friendship in case you're interested: Friendship Prayer | Christian Forums. If you're on your own then I would spend a lot of time praying for others and trying to get your mind of yourself (I know this from experience).

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think you understand how life works ? What you are sending out to God is that life sucks so you are telling him thats what you want to experience . " What you sow is what you reap " .God respects your freewill and can only return to you what you are bring to his alter . Multiple your talents by seeking to raise up other people and God will pour out a blessing to you thats His law. Follow Jesus teachings love God with all your heart soul and mind. When you do that you love " everything " cause everything is God " Nothing was made that was made " you thank God for your life your hot water , tiny flat part time job . You smile in the mirror so the mirror of life will smile back at you. Look at the girl no arms channel on youtube all that she does with a big smile she gets it. We are never alone Jesus Christ is our best friend and he told us he is always with us . And he has a plan for your life that he wants you to do to help him . , but first you got to shake of your dust like a ceiling fan turn on the fan and the dust starts flying off turn it up higher and nothing can stick to it .Just like our lives accelerate , accelerate ,accelerate !!

Accelerate towards death. Yea, that sounds good.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I genuinely hate my life. 1000000%.

It sucks.

Mentally and physically.

On my own, depressed and extremely down.

I have a part time job that sucks too!

I love my faith but i am always letting God down. He must be fed up with me.

I have no friends. I live in a damp, mouldy bedsit. One heater. Only hot water is shower and kettle. I have health issues that prevent me from sitting too long so i tend to lie on my bed most of the time. I have issues with a bad back too. Anxiety and depression also.

I guess i an not alone. I know there are many more who suffer much worse. I offer up my sufferings to God. When i fall / fail, in life, i always get up and turn to God. But, i feel like my prayers go unanswered.

I am writing this thread so that anyone who feels like i do will know that they are not alone.

God bless all those that will be on their own at Christmas. The lonely, the bereaved, the homeless, the hospitalised etc. May God bring you comfort and joy. But most of all His love and mercy.

Is there any particular ministry you could find fulfillment in ?

There are always prayer requests popping up on CF. Could you apply yourself to pray for and encourage those that request such prayers ?

A thought might be ... God will take note of our prayers ... when we begin to take notice of others' prayers ...

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God bless all those that will be on their own at Christmas. The lonely, the bereaved, the homeless, the hospitalised etc. May God bring you comfort and joy. But most of all His love and mercy.

Thank you for reminding us how we need to lift up those who are struggling in life. I'm praying for you and all those who have a difficult life. I know for a fact, if you continue to seek God, you will be rewarded at some point.

“Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12 (NIV)

May you and all others who are fighting the good fight be greatly blessed!

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I genuinely hate my life. 1000000%.

It sucks.

Mentally and physically.

On my own, depressed and extremely down.

I have a part time job that sucks too!

I love my faith but i am always letting God down. He must be fed up with me.

I have no friends. I live in a damp, mouldy bedsit. One heater. Only hot water is shower and kettle. I have health issues that prevent me from sitting too long so i tend to lie on my bed most of the time. I have issues with a bad back too. Anxiety and depression also.

I guess i an not alone. I know there are many more who suffer much worse. I offer up my sufferings to God. When i fall / fail, in life, i always get up and turn to God. But, i feel like my prayers go unanswered.

I am writing this thread so that anyone who feels like i do will know that they are not alone.

lThought Winston Churchil said,
"For my troops tea is more important than ammunition."

You an Englishman, with a kettle?

Shake a leg mate.

Hehhe.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry that you feel so bad @Lost4words. :(

Take heart, the misery you feel at the moment will only be a grain of sand compared to eternity with the Lord. Stay steadfast and true, don't let the weeds of this earth choke you. This depression you feel isn't helped by your isolation and bleak flat.

I pray that you are reminded of what you have in Him. That you feel His strength in you and that amongst your sadness you can praise Him for that quiet joy that can exist alongside it. Let His tender mercies grow that joy until it blasts out the despair and the resulting self-pity. (Hard word, I mean it with all due compassion, my heart feels sad for you and understands where the self pity tone is coming from.) I pray that you might remember Paul's joy in Christ, even when he was in chains (Philippians -great book) and that you rise up on wings like eagles. (Isaiah 40:28-32)

God bless you brother. I hope you will feel better soon. Joy comes in the morning. May your morning come soon.

(Also, I congratulate you for your compassion to those around you and rejoice that you feel it!)

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0