Discussion Life reviews, seeing the light, infants in Heaven?

Life reviews, light and love, infants automatically saved, is real and true?

• No they are only dreams.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Even babies must be baptised and born again to obtain life everlasting.

• It is not in the Bible, is is not true.

• Not sure.

• Total voters

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
People who die and are resuscitated describe seeing a great light and feeling a great unconditional love, which fills them, and changes the character state. They see their whole lives again, and how it made other people feel, they feel it, and see the consequences of their actions many places in. With their guardian angel. They meet relatives and see infants being raised there. Much of this is not in the Bible. Unbaptised infants being given life, it challenges the likes and followers of the ancients who thought babies had to be baptised, and those resting on them, Calvin, Arminius...

Can you believe these accounts are true?

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
People who die and are resuscitated describe seeing a great light and feeling a great unconditional love, which fills them, and changes the character state. They see their whole lives again, and how it made other people feel, they feel it, and see the consequences of their actions many places in. With their guardian angel. They meet relatives and see infants being raised there. Much of this is not in the Bible. Unbaptised infants being given life, it challenges the likes and followers of the ancients who thought babies had to be baptised, and those resting on them, Calvin, Arminius...

Can you believe these accounts are true?
I am sceptical of a lot of near death experiences. I've had dreams that were so realistic that it took me a few minutes to realise that they were just dreams. I "left my body" once and watched the dentist remove my tooth. I was under general anaesthetic. Much of this is occult.

People are often changed after near death experiences. Many become better people, more caring, less selfish and so on. Some go on a mission to convince others that there is life after death or whatever.

I look for who is getting the glory. I check to see if Lord Jesus is the focus. Many survivors portray themselves in heaven, meeting relatives who have passed away and so on. It seems to me that this contradicts the Bible. The people involved are convinced so they are very convincing. Obviously they believe their experience, so it is real to them. Satan is the liar, the deceiver and able to present himself as an angel of light.

Many Christians believe that newborn babies and young children are innocent in the sense that they have no knowledge of right and wrong. They base this on Lord Jesus rebuking the disciples for hindering children coming to Him. I don't know. I am certain that sprinkled babies are no more acceptable to God than the unsprinkled. Neither have a choice in the matter. So with apologies to Calvin, Augustine and even Luther, I don't accept infant sprinkling. I won't use the the word "baptism" as it literally means full immersion.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People who die and are resuscitated describe seeing a great light and feeling a great unconditional love, which fills them, and changes the character state. They see their whole lives again, and how it made other people feel, they feel it, and see the consequences of their actions many places in. With their guardian angel.
Jesus will bring us into personal sharing with God, Himself, not only into different ways of relating with other humans.

And we stay here and grow in our sharing with God.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They meet relatives and see infants being raised there.
Jesus says,

"if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" in Matthew 5:46.

So, I would say, if we die and go to Heaven, we will be about loving all our others who are God's family . . . not only a few relatives.

But ones have a way of loving only their own family members and friends; so when ones of these die, they get preached into Heaven . . . with no real evaluation like we will get with Jesus on the day of judgment.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
infants being raised there. Much of this is not in the Bible. Unbaptised infants being given life, it challenges the likes and followers of the ancients who thought babies had to be baptised, and those resting on them, Calvin, Arminius...
When protestantism started, people had just left the Roman Catholic church. I understand that mainly they did not agree with being controlled by the Pope and paying for forgiveness of sins. Otherwise, they were what I call Catholic wannabes . . . still wanting various practices and ideas of Roman Catholicism.

One thing ones kept was baptizing babies for salvation.

And it seems ones kept the practice of killing and torturing ones who did not conform to their ways.

I am told that certain religious leaders kept both practices.

So, I think we are wise to go elsewhere to find out what God wants.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps this passage is relevant:

2 Corinthians 12:2-4.

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows—was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.

Two observations from this passage.

Clearly these things do happen.

But the things that are experienced, 'no-one is permitted to tell'.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do believe some of them.

If they see a bright light, it doesnt necessarily mean it was God. Because "Satan himself" masquerades as an angel of light (II COR 11:14)

Though we research and study, not surprised our theologies can be challenged.

Life reviews - there's books. God isnt limited by our time - or anything else.
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.' (Rev 20:12).

For some they don't believe NDEs because death is when they meet the medical definition, the natural one. But we're also spirit. (spirit, soul, and body (I Thess 5:23). Luk16 account with Father Abraham and Lazarus. 26 "And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross ovr from there to us.' But we dont know where that great chasm is.

For as the body without the spirit is dead..." (Jam 2:26). For believers, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." (II Cor 5:8). Seems death is when both the spirit and soul leave the body permanently - God decides.

So what are their lives after their NDE - the fruit? Realizing that it takes time - some longer than others. Even when some are viewing their bodies, it takes a bit for them to realize it's their own bodies.

An older friend told me a little about her NDE. Her biggest regret was not telling a lot of folks about it because she knew it was God.. She said it had taken her a while to realize what had happened. When she told her husband, he knew that she wouldn't make it up but he had never heard of a NDE (they hadn't even coined the term yet). Then when she told a few people, almost every single person rejected what she was telling them. So over a period of time, she rarely mentioned it. When she told me, I was so confused and overwhelmed by her account. I didn't support her at all - which I really regret. But I hadnt heard of NDEs. Decades after it happened, what I saw was she deeply loved Jesus. An example of her behavior was when others were criticizing, complaining, and gossiping, she didn't participate. She was a very loving, sweet, peaceful person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0