Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We lost our birthright through sin that is why we need an adoption:
(Old Testament | Isaiah 59:2)

2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
(New Testament | Romans 5:8 - 21)

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are all His children:
(Old Testament | Psalms 82:6)

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
(New Testament | Hebrews 12:6 - 9)

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Adam and Eve had a sinless, spiritual relationship with God, they were His children, but not by any physical connection. They lost the spiritual connection, They never had a physical one. He created them, just as the angels were all created. You can not loose a physical connection, when you have a physical child, that child is yours no matter what they do--it does not alter the fact that you gave birth to that child. the prodigal son was still the physical child of the father while he was wallowing with the pigs. Accepting the salvation of God restores the spiritual connection and God adopts us.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Isa_43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

No weaseling out of that one. Sorry.
LDS firmly believe that verse, it's a very important one actually. The difference is that while Creedal Christians point to this oneness being through one consubstantiality, versus LDS though one unity.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
LOL!! Laws of the universe?!! God created those!!!

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Isa_43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
God made the dust from which Adam and Eve were created--you serve a very puny God---ours always was, from everlasting to everlasting, and He is the ONE AND ONLY GOD THE FATHER ANYWHERE IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, and there will never be any other anywhere and is all powerful, and He did indeed make everything. It is completely unbiblical to say otherwise.

So if there were no matter in the beginning, is God nothing?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve had a sinless, spiritual relationship with God, they were His children, but not by any physical connection. They lost the spiritual connection, They never had a physical one. He created them, just as the angels were all created. You can not loose a physical connection, when you have a physical child, that child is yours no matter what they do--it does not alter the fact that you gave birth to that child. the prodigal son was still the physical child of the father while he was wallowing with the pigs. Accepting the salvation of God restores the spiritual connection and God adopts us.
Not what the Bible states:
(New Testament | Luke 3:34 - 38)

34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,
35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So if there were no matter in the beginning, is God nothing?

God is God--He always was--He is everything. Don't even try to comprehend Him--you can't, you haven't got the brain power--nobody does.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Not what the Bible states:
(New Testament | Luke 3:34 - 38)

34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,
35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Yah---it doesn't say anywhere that He fathered him through a union with a heavenly mother---He created Him, from the dust of the earth---that's it. He is His son through the fact that he was formed, created, brought to life by, through, the breath of God. Now just give the verse that states God the father had a union with a heavenly mother and brought forth Jesus, Adam, or anyone else. It was Jesus that created Adam.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do the Mormons believe that the bread and water
ACTUALLY BECOMES the flesh and blood of Christ? (Transubstantiation)
or that it only spiritually (Consubstantiation) or symbolically does so, or is a REMINDER only?
Oeros and milk are acceptable as well, so I have been told on these forums by lds.

Upvote 0