Jul 28, 2008
Sydney
✟27,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And sometimes it is ugly:

To understand this story, from my perspective, there are some things you should know. About Tony. About our life.

He was a good bloke. That, I think, is the most important thing. Those of you who have been reading since the Before know that. A big, tattooed, Aussie bloke with a cheeky sense of humour, an amazing devotion to his family, direct and extended; and very much a man's man.

He was awesome. I adored him. So please know, as you read this, that the man I'm talking about here, in the lead up to his death, was not the man I married.

Not himself, not at all.
This affects a lot of people, so please read, but please be warned that the story is graphic and contains strong language. It is also real. Suicide is real. When I read it I cried. She believes there is a God, some kind of God. She hates God now. I pray that she will reconcile with God sometime.

Random Ramblings of a SAHM: Ugly.

newtaste

Not so new...
Supporter
Jul 28, 2008
Sydney
✟27,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It is not God's problem that the guy killed himself. I believe suicide is wrong because it is the highest betrayal of oneself and is stealing from God, which violates one of the commandments.

Whatever you think of the man who killed himself, there should be some sympathy for the wife and children he left behind.

Upvote 0

LWB

Jan 28, 2011
Brisbane
✟16,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What a tragedy, newtaste. If only people knew that happiness does not depend upon external events, which cannot be controlled, but on inner fortitude, which is fully in our control. It is not what happens to us that matters, but how we react.

God is good, because He has given us the means to overcome this realm of trouble and strife.

Reactions: newtaste
Upvote 0