• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am 20 now but when I was 17 I one day just seemed to lose my sexual attraction to women - I could still recognise when I liked the look of a girl but all deeper feelings had vanished.
I did bad things at the time to 'test' myself as I thought I was going mad but to keep it simple I couldn't really get it up and I felt emotionless.
This has made me depressed as this wasn't a short phase but has lasted 3 years and ruined the best days of my youth life.
I will never be able to have a lovely polish female companion now as I can't develop those feelings anymore for woman. I for 3 years have been so lonely as I have zero confidence and am super shy so that I dont really talk to people and just stay within a shell. (My dad calling me ugly once didnt help either even though he has since called me handsome and a guy that he would imagine girls would be attracted to). This has meant that I have no friends at uni and that I don't hang out with anyone after uni or at night.

Please pray that I get healed. I have become so sad. I don't feel like a man anymore and wouldnt even speak to a girl now as I feel worthless and not worthy of them. All I want is a close group of friends that I can be myself around and a female companion who I can love and spend my life enjoying myself with. I have prayed probably 50 times for my feelings to come back but nothing has worked - I have even got my testosterone levels checked and it felt like a big blow when I was told that there was no problem.

Thanks for reading this.

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Your life is not ruined. Remaining single is a perfectly valid calling in the church. Besides, there's more to life than the opposite sex. Perhaps try to find something you enjoy and focus on that?

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your life is not ruined. Remaining single is a perfectly valid calling in the church. Besides, there's more to life than the opposite sex. Perhaps try to find something you enjoy and focus on that?
Please stop posting all the time that my problem isn't a problem. It is a very mentally challenging issue to deal with.

Reactions: Neo_Frisk
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I am 20 now but when I was 17 I one day just seemed to lose my sexual attraction to women - I could still recognise when I liked the look of a girl but all deeper feelings had vanished.
I did bad things at the time to 'test' myself as I thought I was going mad but to keep it simple I couldn't really get it up and I felt emotionless.
This has made me depressed as this wasn't a short phase but has lasted 3 years and ruined the best days of my youth life.
I will never be able to have a lovely polish female companion now as I can't develop those feelings anymore for woman. I for 3 years have been so lonely as I have zero confidence and am super shy so that I dont really talk to people and just stay within a shell. (My dad calling me ugly once didnt help either even though he has since called me handsome and a guy that he would imagine girls would be attracted to). This has meant that I have no friends at uni and that I don't hang out with anyone after uni or at night.

Please pray that I get healed. I have become so sad. I don't feel like a man anymore and wouldnt even speak to a girl now as I feel worthless and not worthy of them. All I want is a close group of friends that I can be myself around and a female companion who I can love and spend my life enjoying myself with. I have prayed probably 50 times for my feelings to come back but nothing has worked - I have even got my testosterone levels checked and it felt like a big blow when I was told that there was no problem.

Thanks for reading this.

I'm a little confused. You say that you're not attracted to women. But on some deeper level, you desire a woman companion. Could you explain how those two things fit together?

• Agree
Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a little confused. You say that you're not attracted to women. But on some deeper level, you desire a woman companion. Could you explain how those two things fit together?
I used to be very attracted to women but it just seemed to disappear.
I have the desire that I want to be attracted to women physically again and then in turn be able to have a female companion.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I have the desire that I want to be attracted to women physically again and then in turn be able to have a female companion.

Well, you don't have that attraction so why not focus on other things that make you happy instead of dwelling on this one thing? It will only make you miserable(which it clearly is). I'm trying to help you so don't shut me out.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, you don't have that attraction so why not focus on other things that make you happy instead of dwelling on this one thing? It will only make you miserable(which it clearly is). I'm trying to help you so don't shut me out.
I'd block you if I knew how. You downplaying the thing destroying my life is very annoying .
All I want is to not be lonely anymore and share my life with a lovely poland woman.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would you care to speak to a counselor?
I don't know how that will help. I used to have a counsellor at school cause my dad hit me and so I was angry and did bad things which in turn resulted in me being counselled. It didn't really help as all they did was talk and judge my family when I deserved to be punched.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I'd block you if I knew how. You downplaying the thing destroying my life is very annoying .
All I want is to not be lonely anymore and share my life with a lovely poland woman.

Fine. I'll be blunt. Your view of life is narrow if sexual attraction to women is the only thing you care about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
There are a lot of things that can cause this sort of issue. Just depression and anxiety in itself can be a factor. Vitamin deficiency can have some major effects on people. Other types of stress. Major events happening in your life. I know it sounds a bit cliche, but you might seriously consider getting some professional counseling. Just being able to talk to someone who doesn't otherwise know you and who has experience helping with these sorts of things could be of great help.

I also agree with the post above about focusing on other things that you enjoy.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fine. I'll be blunt. Your view of life is narrow if sexual attraction to women is the only thing you care about.
Obviously not but it my biggest concern and I want to meet up with women but cant.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd give up all of my other interests if it meant I could have my old feeling back. For a guy meeting women is one of the most important things in their life I dont know if you understand that.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I'd give up all of my other interests if it meant I could have my old feeling back. For a guy meeting women is one of the most important things in their life I dont know if you understand that.

It's really not. Most of my friends are guys and the vast majority of them, while attracted to women and want to eventually marry, don't make it their prime focus in life. They simply try to enjoy what makes them happy and meeting women is something that happens when it happens.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how that will help. I used to have a counsellor at school cause my dad hit me and so I was angry and did bad things which in turn resulted in me being counselled. It didn't really help as all they did was talk and judge my family when I deserved to be punched.
That kind of counselling helps some people but it can be quite limited. I would seek out a counselor who can help you to find a different way to look at all this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That kind of counselling helps some people but it can be quite limited. I would seek out a counselor who can help you to find a different way to look at all this.
I don't want to see a different perspective to be honest. I want my attraction to women to return and then I can be a man again.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was this girl.. liked girls... she would cry and cry.. didnt want it.. knew it was against God.. she said.. one day she went to sleep and woke up.. not one feeling for girls any more praise GOD.

I am not like most. I WILL stick to the word of God. Seen way to many get prayed for.. YES prayed for and one young man was going to kill him self but that night a friend caught up with him..said this pastor wants to meet you. The young (gay) man said ok. Got there and the preacher asked if it would be ok to pray for him. He said sure. About 20 min in to the prayer.. he was thinking how funny its going to be when they all read about his death tomorrow in the paper. (all his words).

So.. about 20 min in.. he said.. all of a sudden it was like something in side wanted out!. The preacher gave him a verse to say every day. Had two young men stay with him..for about 3 months. Now before all this he had got married.. wanted to try it. Told the girl.. that he only like MEN when he was married to her. He then left.. and she said.. she would always be there for him. Anyway.. so as the 3 months were ending.. one morning the two guys came over like they did every day to make sure he was saying that verse ( I he never did say what verse it was)...he keep the door closed lol and said..yes yes I am saying it.

The next morning he woke up.. he said..EVERY CELL in his body was crying out for his wife..that he never loved.. and there was NO desire what so ever for the same sex. He called the preacher.. that called the two guys said "get him to his wife NOW!" lol... hes been married to her every since and has lots of kids..

Another one.. young gay man leaves ..kicked out.. his friend let him stay with them. One day at the table said "what about Jesus"? The young gay man said.. nope..been there done that. The friend said..no "if you cry/hurt I will cry with you.. if you get mad.. you can get mad at me. If you fall I will not judge you condemn you"... that young man is married to day and has TONS of kids with no disre for the same sex..

Not going to brake all this down.. it is something that you do NOT have to receive. It is not the way God made man or woman. Greater is HE that is in you then he thats in the world.. Jesus aka GOD gave you all power over the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you..

JESUS is real.. no.. JESUS IS REAL! Thoughts come in..resist them and he has to flee.. no I RESIST you and those thougths in JESUS name.

One thing Christ NEVER EVER EVER EVER does.. is make you feel GUILTY or BAD or EVIL.. NEVER! Know that. Its a choice you have to make. Sounds like you made it already. We dont walk but FEELINGS feelings are up and down and all over the place..we walk but FAITH..

See its written.. God always hears the righteous aka YOU HELLO! And answers before we finish praying. There is a REAL enemy out there.. took Gab 21 days to get the answer to Daniel one time. So."And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."

His WILL is His word. Again its not the way HE made you ..and you dont have to receive it. No matter what you FEEL like...walk by faith. Know this.. what WAS will be again.. in JESUS NAME! You just keep saying ..no I have submited my self to GOD and I resist these thought desires in Jesus name

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was this girl.. liked girls... she would cry and cry.. didnt want it.. knew it was against God.. she said.. one day she went to sleep and woke up.. not one feeling for girls any more praise GOD.

I am not like most. I WILL stick to the word of God. Seen way to many get prayed for.. YES prayed for and one young man was going to kill him self but that night a friend caught up with him..said this pastor wants to meet you. The young (gay) man said ok. Got there and the preacher asked if it would be ok to pray for him. He said sure. About 20 min in to the prayer.. he was thinking how funny its going to be when they all read about his death tomorrow in the paper. (all his words).

So.. about 20 min in.. he said.. all of a sudden it was like something in side wanted out!. The preacher gave him a verse to say every day. Had two young men stay with him..for about 3 months. Now before all this he had got married.. wanted to try it. Told the girl.. that he only like MEN when he was married to her. He then left.. and she said.. she would always be there for him. Anyway.. so as the 3 months were ending.. one morning the two guys came over like they did every day to make sure he was saying that verse ( I he never did say what verse it was)...he keep the door closed lol and said..yes yes I am saying it.

The next morning he woke up.. he said..EVERY CELL in his body was crying out for his wife..that he never loved.. and there was NO desire what so ever for the same sex. He called the preacher.. that called the two guys said "get him to his wife NOW!" lol... hes been married to her every since and has lots of kids..

Another one.. young gay man leaves ..kicked out.. his friend let him stay with them. One day at the table said "what about Jesus"? The young gay man said.. nope..been there done that. The friend said..no "if you cry/hurt I will cry with you.. if you get mad.. you can get mad at me. If you fall I will not judge you condemn you"... that young man is married to day and has TONS of kids with no disre for the same sex..

Not going to brake all this down.. it is something that you do NOT have to receive. It is not the way God made man or woman. Greater is HE that is in you then he thats in the world.. Jesus aka GOD gave you all power over the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you..

JESUS is real.. no.. JESUS IS REAL! Thoughts come in..resist them and he has to flee.. no I RESIST you and those thougths in JESUS name.

One thing Christ NEVER EVER EVER EVER does.. is make you feel GUILTY or BAD or EVIL.. NEVER! Know that. Its a choice you have to make. Sounds like you made it already. We dont walk but FEELINGS feelings are up and down and all over the place..we walk but FAITH..

See its written.. God always hears the righteous aka YOU HELLO! And answers before we finish praying. There is a REAL enemy out there.. took Gab 21 days to get the answer to Daniel one time. So."And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."

His WILL is His word. Again its not the way HE made you ..and you dont have to receive it. No matter what you FEEL like...walk by faith. Know this.. what WAS will be again.. in JESUS NAME! You just keep saying ..no I have submited my self to GOD and I resist these thought desires in Jesus name

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
Hi there. I probably should have mentioned that I'm not gay. I just lost desire to women.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi there from your 2nd last paragraph I can't say "I resist these thoughts in Jesus name" but instead I want to have these thoughts (I dont have male desire, only lack of female desire.)

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

can I say "I submit myself to God and resist this absence of female attraction"???

Upvote 0