• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life groups

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by sunshine100, Dec 7, 2018 at 9:19 AM.

1. sunshine100

sunshine100 Well-Known Member

+485
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    what are life groups and what are they for?I saw that the church I'm going to be trying on Sunday has them,they have the women groups for women only and the men groups for men only.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+17,467
    Anglican
    Married
    What church is this and what is the reason for you choosing to visit it? I ask because it would help us to answer you better.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 9:34 AM
  3. EzekielsWheels

EzekielsWheels Well-Known Member Supporter

+557
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I believe the purpose of life groups is to create a more intimate atmosphere and sense of a "home" type of church to supplement the larger congregational gatherings on Sundays. This way friendships are formed and strengthened as you get to know the people over the years and grow with them.

4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+4,249
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Southern Baptist churches in my experience.

5. whereloveandmercymeet

whereloveandmercymeet Member

+114
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    I’d guess they are what some call home groups or cell groups. It’s a smaller group for bible study and fellowship that tend to meet during the week. Some churches gender them. Or have split ages. Often depends on the size of the church.

6. sunshine100

+485
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    But why can't they make the groups with guys and girls in the same group?Why do they have to have it only women in the women and only men in the men groups?It just makes no sense,they should have it so the guys can be in the girls group.

7. whereloveandmercymeet

whereloveandmercymeet Member

+114
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    It might be to focus on the issues from their perspective more, as some things affect men and women differently. It may be because church members asked for specific groups at one time because they felt more comfortable like that. They may also have mixed groups if you ask, and age relevant groups possibly.

8. sunshine100

+485
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    that's true

9. sunshine100

+485
    United States
    Christian