Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe the purpose of life groups is to create a more intimate atmosphere and sense of a "home" type of church to supplement the larger congregational gatherings on Sundays. This way friendships are formed and strengthened as you get to know the people over the years and grow with them.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
what are life groups and what are they for?I saw that the church I'm going to be trying on Sunday has them,they have the women groups for women only and the men groups for men only.
Southern Baptist churches in my experience.

• Agree
Upvote 0

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟117,670.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’d guess they are what some call home groups or cell groups. It’s a smaller group for bible study and fellowship that tend to meet during the week. Some churches gender them. Or have split ages. Often depends on the size of the church.

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe the purpose of life groups is to create a more intimate atmosphere and sense of a "home" type of church to supplement the larger congregational gatherings on Sundays. This way friendships are formed and strengthened as you get to know the people over the years and grow with them.
But why can't they make the groups with guys and girls in the same group?Why do they have to have it only women in the women and only men in the men groups?It just makes no sense,they should have it so the guys can be in the girls group.

Upvote 0

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟117,670.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It might be to focus on the issues from their perspective more, as some things affect men and women differently. It may be because church members asked for specific groups at one time because they felt more comfortable like that. They may also have mixed groups if you ask, and age relevant groups possibly.

• Agree
Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It might be to focus on the issues from their perspective more, as some things affect men and women differently. It may be because church members asked for specific groups at one time because they felt more comfortable like that. They may also have mixed groups if you ask, and age relevant groups possibly.
that's true

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’d guess they are what some call home groups or cell groups. It’s a smaller group for bible study and fellowship that tend to meet during the week. Some churches gender them. Or have split ages. Often depends on the size of the church.
I just signed up for a life group,it has guys and girls in it

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But why can't they make the groups with guys and girls in the same group?Why do they have to have it only women in the women and only men in the men groups?It just makes no sense,they should have it so the guys can be in the girls group.
Every congregation that has them sets them up differently. They can have a variety of purposes. Some center around bible study, others around particular ministries or outreaches. Some are situated geographically.

Having gender specific groups allowes for sharing and discussing of more intimate issues that having a mixed group may tend to inhibit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics