United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Most feminists don't actually want to destroy any patriarchy. They larp as though they're all Wonder Woman or Black Widow or something but in truth, they want, shall we say, something other than what they say they want.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Most feminists don't actually want to destroy any patriarchy. They larp as though they're all Wonder Woman or Black Widow or something but in truth, they want, shall we say, something other than what they say they want.
Welcome back!

What do they want?

My mother had maybe a little bit of a feminist bent, or maybe not. I guess it depends how you define it. For her it only meant that I should be able to go into any career I might want, and she deserved a fair wage to help her raise three children alone.

I had feminist professors at university who I had real problems with their philosophies but I managed to mostly avoid (the worst I simply dropped her class and never looked back) ... though I was disappointed at the posters festooning the walls when I took my daughter for a tour several years ago.

So ... what do they want? I'm genuinely asking - not arguing or baiting. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
*You are in the Catholic forum*

A simple moral question reveals that secularism and Islam, seemingly opposite worldviews, are actually two sides of the same coin.

Continued below.
Life and Leggings: Christ Looks at Persons With Love, and So Must We
Interesting article.

Most people would probably say I dress very modestly - maybe to extremes in some people's eyes. But nevertheless I was struck by the line in there about the author not wanting to be the cause for a man to stumble, given their response to visual stimuli.

Haha maybe I'm too old to think I should worry about this. But between surgeries and losing quite a bit of weight, I'm having to rethink my wardrobe. I guess that's why I read it. Leggings are helpful to me ... though I generally wear dress-length shirts over them.

I also appreciate the comment that Jesus loves that person too. I think they were talking about women dressed seductively, but it's helpful to remember for whoever we have in front of us.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Welcome back!

What do they want?

My mother had maybe a little bit of a feminist bent, or maybe not. I guess it depends how you define it. For her it only meant that I should be able to go into any career I might want, and she deserved a fair wage to help her raise three children alone.

I had feminist professors at university who I had real problems with their philosophies but I managed to mostly avoid (the worst I simply dropped her class and never looked back) ... though I was disappointed at the posters festooning the walls when I took my daughter for a tour several years ago.

So ... what do they want? I'm genuinely asking - not arguing or baiting. :)
I'll get banned (possibly for good) if I answer that.

Thanks though, it's good to be back.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0