Life after Death by Metropolitan of Nafpaktos Hierotheos

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I just ordered it off of Amazon as it seemed quite interesting. It's supposed to be delivered on Wednesday so I guess I have something to look forward to :)

Have anyone read it in here? Its perhaps the one single element which triggers my theological curiosity the most. Death, judgement and resurrection... hmm, very interesting !

Anyway, I'm looking forward to unwrapping it :) long live the sweet scent of a new book of theology :D

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Life after Death by Metropolitan Hierotheos Vlachos was first given to me when I visited a Greek Orthodox women's monastery on the island of Thasos, Greece. Since then, I have become the church librarian at my Greek Orthodox church and I frequently recommend that book. In my opinion, it is the best book in the library, and why do I say that? Because it gave me what I had been looking for/wondering about all my life, namely, THE GREEK ORTHODOX STANCE ON WHAT HAPPENS AFTER WE DIE. You will love it! God bless you, Northbrook

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Life after Death by Metropolitan Hierotheos Vlachos was first given to me when I visited a Greek Orthodox women's monastery on the island of Thasos, Greece. Since then, I have become the church librarian at my Greek Orthodox church and I frequently recommend that book. In my opinion, it is the best book in the library, and why do I say that? Because it gave me what I had been looking for/wondering about all my life, namely, THE GREEK ORTHODOX STANCE ON WHAT HAPPENS AFTER WE DIE. You will love it! God bless you, Northbrook
Archangel Michael monastery?
Have you visited the holy spring?

Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Archangel Michael monastery?
Have you visited the holy spring?

Yes, that is the name of the women's monastery. No, I did not visit any holy spring. Is the spring inside the monastery (in one of the buildings)? Or is it a naturally occurring spring out in nature?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is the name of the women's monastery. No, I did not visit any holy spring. Is the spring inside the monastery (in one of the buildings)? Or is it a naturally occurring spring out in nature?
It is in a cave at the base of the cliff. You have to crawl on your stomach to enter the cave but inside it is high enough to kneel.

Upvote 0