• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life after Death by Metropolitan of Nafpaktos Hierotheos

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Stabat Mater, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Stabat Mater

Stabat Mater Traditional Catholic - SSPX Supporter

+5,900
    Norway
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    I just ordered it off of Amazon as it seemed quite interesting. It's supposed to be delivered on Wednesday so I guess I have something to look forward to :)

Have anyone read it in here? Its perhaps the one single element which triggers my theological curiosity the most. Death, judgement and resurrection... hmm, very interesting !

Anyway, I'm looking forward to unwrapping it :) long live the sweet scent of a new book of theology :D

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+8,610
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I have read it a few times. it's a good one, just tread carefully because it's heavy and sobering stuff.

3. Northbrook

Northbrook No sé vivir sin Dios

+239
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Republican
    Life after Death by Metropolitan Hierotheos Vlachos was first given to me when I visited a Greek Orthodox women's monastery on the island of Thasos, Greece. Since then, I have become the church librarian at my Greek Orthodox church and I frequently recommend that book. In my opinion, it is the best book in the library, and why do I say that? Because it gave me what I had been looking for/wondering about all my life, namely, THE GREEK ORTHODOX STANCE ON WHAT HAPPENS AFTER WE DIE. You will love it! God bless you, Northbrook

4. Stabat Mater

Stabat Mater Traditional Catholic - SSPX Supporter

+5,900
    Norway
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    Heavy theology huh? I love it :) I'm above average interested in theology so I hope I'll be fine.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  5. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,273
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Archangel Michael monastery?
    Have you visited the holy spring?

6. Northbrook

Northbrook No sé vivir sin Dios

+239
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yes, that is the name of the women's monastery. No, I did not visit any holy spring. Is the spring inside the monastery (in one of the buildings)? Or is it a naturally occurring spring out in nature?

7. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,273
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    It is in a cave at the base of the cliff. You have to crawl on your stomach to enter the cave but inside it is high enough to kneel.