United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article.

RICHMOND, Va. — Jerry Falwell Jr. has agreed to take an indefinite leave of absence from his role as president and chancellor of Liberty University, the school announced Friday.

The private university issued a one-sentence statement making the announcement.

The statement said the Executive Committee of Liberty's board of trustees, acting on behalf of the full Board, met Friday and request that Falwell take leave, “to which he has agreed, effective immediately.” The statement did not indicate what prompted the request by the trustees.

Continued below.
Liberty University's Jerry Falwell Jr. taking leave of absence

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I saw that on the news. I wonder what could have possessed him to allow such a pic to be taken?

Just in case you don't know what brought it on.
The pic shows him with his arm around a young woman with a drink in the other hand, his pants unzipped and pulled down and open in front to show his belly along with his shirt pulled up a little.
I can see it ruining his rep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Liberty University filed a lawsuit this week against its former president Jerry Falwell Jr., alleging that he breached his contract and fiduciary duties to the school as he sought to cover up a personal scandal.

The evangelical Christian university in Lynchburg, Va., is seeking more than $10 million in damages from the man who led it for 13 years. The suit filed Thursday in Lynchburg Circuit Court marked another twist in the saga of Falwell’s messy departure last year from Liberty.

Falwell, in a statement Friday, said the suit is “full of lies and half truths” and pledged to fight it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2021/04/16/liberty-university-jerry-falwell-jr-lawsuit/

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
falj.jpg

I saw that on the news. I wonder what could have possessed him to allow such a pic to be taken?

Just in case you don't know what brought it on.
The pic shows him with his arm around a young woman with a drink in the other hand, his pants unzipped and pulled down and open in front to show his belly along with his shirt pulled up a little.
I can see it ruining his rep.
Unfortunately, Falwell isn't a congressional Republican where the incident would be largely ignored by the GOP leadership, warrant an invitation to address a conservative women's group at Mar-a-Lago and provide the ready-made excuse for a fundraiser - claiming persecution from CNN!

I predict that by following in the footsteps of the "Matt Gaetz," this more than qualifies Falwell for serious consideration when it comes to joining that esteemed fraternity of congressional Republican candidates - for the 2022 Interims!

Last edited:
Upvote 0