Liberals, why do you believe people are entitled to the work of others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanuensis63

Nov 29, 2014
✟7,455.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If that is what's central to the discussion, then all you'd need in order to take what someone has away from them is someone who thinks, "If you have a successful business, you didn't build that!

I love how conservatives are so in love with their own misrepresentations that EVEN THE FACTS cannot dissuade them.

The whole "you didn't build that" comment ISN'T what you think it is. In fact it is VERY MUCH like something Teddy Roosevelt said about 100 years ago. Don't worry, I've yet to meet a Conseravative on this board who even knows enough history to know that much!)

The fact of the matter is NO ONE builds ANYTHING in a vacuum. A stable society with a publically funded infrastructure, clean water, safe roads etc, is what provides the basis for every single success story in the US for the last 110 years.

If you don't understand that much then you don't even deserve to say anything else about this country.

When will Conservatives on this forum actually learn some history? When will they fall out of love with their own dishonestly and ignorance?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

amanuensis63

Nov 29, 2014
✟7,455.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Noting that Teddy Roosevelt was the first "progressive" president.

Wow! A conservative who accidentally knows some US history! But you DO also realize he was a REPUBLICAN president. In fact he never served as a "Progressive" president (under the name of the Bull Moose Party). He served as a Republican.

So why did you guys turn your back on what Republicans used to be? Was TR a "RINO" too? Soon ALL your ex prez's will be RINOs! I can't wait until you all go so extreme you declare St. Ronald Reagan a RINO. And it will happen. You guys have basically turned your back on EVERYTHING the Republican party once was yet you still like to claim the parts you like and disavow those you don't.

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What tax break? They just differed in opinion on what the value of his interest was. That ain't no tax break.

Not really: "The Pohlad family resolved the IRS case for $36 million, including a penalty of $1.8 million and interest of $5.3 million, according to documents filed in U.S. Tax Court earlier this summer."

The bulk was principal, not additional increments. Too bad as the government (and the people) miss out on this money while the elites rub their hands in glee over saving more millions as the working people subsidize them again.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The fact of the matter is NO ONE builds ANYTHING in a vacuum. A stable society with a publically funded infrastructure, clean water, safe roads etc, is what provides the basis for every single success story in the US for the last 110 years.

If you don't understand that much then you don't even deserve to say anything else about this country.

Then why didn't he say, "If you have a successful business, you didn't do it alone. Others helped you make that happen"? Instead he said "You didn't build that, someone else did".

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Then why didn't he say, "If you have a successful business, you didn't do it alone. Others helped you make that happen"? Instead he said "You didn't build that, someone else did".
In case you never actually heard what Obama said, Here is the point:
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

Reactions: HonestTruth
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think the less successful are entitled to things from the more successful?

Compassion is great, I am all for rich giving to the poor, but there is no morality in taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor.

No one is entitled to the fruits and labor of another. If that were the case, society would cease to progress forward.

What am I missing?

To answer OP -- Christianity, of course.

What makes you entitled to the fruits and labor of Jesus' suffering on the cross?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To answer OP -- Christianity, of course.

What makes you entitled to the fruits and labor of Jesus' suffering on the cross?

Nobody is entitled to those fruits. That's why salvation is called a gift--something that is not earned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is always a catch, and salvation must be earned.

After all, if it was a free gift given to all humans, then why need a hell?

Because most people don't accept that gift. Some people think they can get to heaven on their own through their own righteousness, which God's word tells us are no more than filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6).

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nobody is entitled to those fruits. That's why salvation is called a gift--something that is not earned.
Ditto the fruits of our labor. That's why we give to the church and we give to those in need. However now our money is stolen from us and traded to the unproductive in exchange for votes. Now the community doesn't need the churches because big brother government is there with the welfare checks and the Obama phones. It's amazing how many people can't see that liberalism is all about controlling the masses by keeping them dependent on government. In the process it destroys dreams, dehumanizes people and relegates millions to lives of poverty and dependence rather than helping them to better themselves. I am ashamed of what so many people have become. How anyone who believes in God could justify the wholesale slaughter of His unborn is beyond me. According to Obummer we are no longer a Christian nation. We've become covetous, slovenly people who believe that we are entitled to a high standard of living at the expense of those who put in the long hours trying to succeed. In fact, there are people right now who have so little respect for the rule of law and for common decency that they would support Hillary Clinton for president.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Because most people don't accept that gift. Some people think they can get to heaven on their own through their own righteousness, which God's word tells us are no more than filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6).
It is not free. One has to believe that Jesus Christ is Savior. It is earned upon accepting Jesus.

There is no free lunch.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
It is not free. One has to believe that Jesus Christ is Savior. It is earned upon accepting Jesus.

There is no free lunch.

How much does it cost to accept Jesus? Nothing, right? So. free. Free lunch.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

There is no free lunch.

Belief is not equal to earning. 8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. Eph 2:8-9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If it were truly free, everybody will be in heaven.

It is a gift one must accept. How can everybody go to heaven if most people decide they don't want the free gift of salvation? If you don't have salvation, you're not saved.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
If it were truly free, everybody will be in heaven.

How so? I mean, even if something were free, if I don't accept it I don't get it. That doesn't mean it's not free.

Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It is a gift one must accept. How can everybody go to heaven if most people decide they don't want the free gift of salvation? If you don't have salvation, you're not saved.
Which supports my original post saying it is earned. One must do something to receive the gift.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How so? I mean, even if something were free, if I don't accept it I don't get it. That doesn't mean it's not free.

You seem to understand the idea very well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.