• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Liberals attack doughnut shop's good deed -- What is wrong with them?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by PeachyKeane, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,252
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It's strange how quickly some Christians are willing to 'cast stones' at LGBTQ but have been very tolerant of the sexual scandals involving the current president. Selective moral outrage, I guess.

2. Shiloh Raven

+11,252
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    According to the bible, lying is also an abomination. So, where's all the moral indignation and outrage against lying from the Christians who are so keen to condemn the abomination of homosexuality?

3. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,505
    United States
    Married
    "Real Christians"TM cannot lie.

4. Shiloh Raven

+11,252
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Well, so much for 1 John 1:10 then.

5. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,213
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    So Real Christians must be "True Scotsmen"TM?

6. Aryeh Jay

+12,505
    United States
    Married
    What do they put on their Porridge?

7. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,831
    Christian
    Single
    Play your little games if you like. :)

8. Aryeh Jay

+12,505
    United States
    Married
  9. Kenny'sID

+6,831
    Christian
    Single
    That's a myth, and the purpose seems to be, in this case anyway, because I have sinned homosexuality is OK or should not be condemned. Probably something you need to take up with God, his rules.

I don't forget about my own sin and I don't live in that sin as a lifestyle. To explain further, I don't say my sin is ok or promote it as such. That is the very reason the Gay thing is focused on. To be even clearer, what if a group promoted murder, lying or whatever sin, and tried to twist the word of God into something that condoned that sin? Christians would be all over them, and actually, so would some Atheists.

10. Kenny'sID

+6,831
    Christian
    Single
    Still playing I see.

11. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,926
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Most reasonable people, not indoctrinated to believe otherwise, would struggle to understand how being gay could possibly be equivalent to murder. Only the most deficient of ethics could make an equivocation here.

12. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,926
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    At any rate, it doesn't sound like these folks are liberals so much as sensitive gay people that feel the burden of a history of religion discriminating against them. And it's their right to be angry. The Salvation Army does not deserve automatic respect merely for their social works. Lots of churches do those. But not all churches discriminate against gays.

13. JackRT

+16,213
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    In the original version of the ten commandments found in Exodus 34, the tenth commandment is “Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.” This version is the only one of the versions in the Bible that self identifies as "the ten commandments". Is this a "little game"?

14. PeachyKeane

PeachyKeane M.I.A.

+3,547
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Well then color me ethically deficient then, because it's clear to any moral person that homosexuality is worse than murder.

15. Kenny'sID

+6,831
    Christian
    Single
    I'd dare say, most likely, yes, it is a game.

If you two feel that is a damnable sin, then don't do that. I don't concern myself, because, It's something I never even considered doing anyway..

I would certainly have to verify that finding...on second thought, show me, and I do hope you aren't wasting our time, I mean it's funny after all these years I've never heard such a thing.

Either way, does that make homosexuality not a sin somehow? Or does the "little game" just somehow indicate that, while you won't exactly say it?

16. JackRT

+16,213
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    Easily verified --- the three versions of the ten commandments are:
    Exodus 34:1-28, Exodus 20:1-17 and Deuteronomy 5:1-21 (listed in order from oldest to most recent).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Kenny'sID

+6,831
    Christian
    Single
    Too bad too, because God does.

18. Kenny'sID

+6,831
    Christian
    Single
  19. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,572
    Judaism
    Married
    An issue I see often is that people are willing to criminalize sins that they would never themselves commit, such as homosexuality, but are loathe to criminalize things they might do. Preventing homosexuals from marrying is seen as a positive while preventing remarriage after divorce, forbidden in the New Testament, gets a big pass and is not seen as necessary to prevent.

20. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,604
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Can you tell me where I could find this ranking of sins in the Bible?