Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm blessed to live in a liberal community. I've also been blessed to be able to visit a number of liberal communities this year.

I have to say, I like liberals.

And I like you too. Oh... you weren't just talking about me, were you, Tad? Lol. :D

But that was very sweet of you to say anyway.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm blessed to live in a liberal community. I've also been blessed to be able to visit a number of liberal communities this year.

I have to say, I like liberals.
Gee, thanks, Tad, I like you too. I unfortunately moved from a moderately liberal community to a more conservative one, but I have found kindred spirits.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My parents were liberal for the times when I was growing up. Then at about thirty I became a born again, right leaning, conservative Evangelical. Now im not either but I agree with somethings on the left and somethings on the right. Would that make me a conservative liberal or a liberal conservative? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm like Martinius. Thank heavens for my kindred spirits--it was very lonely before I met them.

A few months ago I saw a lady I knew at a progressive event. Neither of us had known the other was liberal. She looked grateful, knowing that next time we see one another at our usual meeting we will know we each have a kindred spirit there.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My parents were liberal for the times when I was growing up. Then at about thirty I became a born again, right leaning, conservative Evangelical. Now im not either but I agree with somethings on the left and somethings on the right. Would that make me a conservative liberal or a liberal conservative? :scratch:

I had a liberal upbringing as well. When I converted to Catholicism I became angry at some of the the bad information I received as a youth and swung to the right for about one election cycle. I've mellowed out since and now just consider myself Catholic.

I was visiting my brother in Vermont at the time when I created this thread. It's always interesting visiting with him because he offers me a vision of my pre-conversion self. He has a really lovely home and family and even though they're not Christian, it's not difficult to see the love of Christ working in their lives. Given how some Christians on these boards speak of liberals, it's given me cause to pause and reflect on how they are still some of my favorite people.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I had a liberal upbringing as well. When I converted to Catholicism I became angry at some of the the bad information I received as a youth and swung to the right for about one election cycle. I've mellowed out since and now just consider myself Catholic.

I'm just the opposite because I had an unnerving conservative upbringing. My parents were staunch patriotic conservatives while I was growing up. In their view, God was God, but Ronald Reagan was the reigning king and his royal court was filled with nothing but Republicans. Long story short, I was politically conservative for a while as a young adult because I didn't know anything different, but as I grew older and experienced the world more, and became more extensively involved in politics and social justice activism, I turned liberal around my late twenties/early thirties. I still consider myself to be liberal even though I'm not as nearly involved anymore with politics or social justice activism as I use to be.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My parents were blue collar labour supporters. Does that make them liberal? Perhaps liberal is not exactly the same as Labour. Support the worker over the employer anyway. The Catholic social justice connect is easy to make.
Yet 3 of my siblings became businessmen and would probably vote Conservative .
Looking at my family I think we are pretty "conservative" now. But here I don't mean in the political sense. Just they don't make waves and their values are let's maintain the status quo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums