[Liberal Christians Only] What do you think of Trump's CV response now?

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
***Note this is posted in the LIBERAL CHRISTIAN faith forum***

This thread is for liberal Christians. If you are not a liberal Christian, then please abide by the House Rules of this sub-forum and the Congregational Forum Restrictions. Members who don't share the core beliefs and teachings of this group aren't allowed to debate or teach against its theology.

House Rules: All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against its theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic. - WWMC Statement of Purpose

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Thread discussion questions:

What do you think of his daily Coronavirus briefings?

Are you paying more attention to the governors than you are to Trump?

Last edited:

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,878.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Appalling. I am not an American and, at the risk of seeming concerned only with my own well-being, I am glad I am not in the USA right now. As I have said in other threads, it is a horrid bit of bad luck that this crisis arose during Donald Trump's presidency, of all people. I am convinced that thousands and thousands will die who would not have died if someone else were in the White House.

Sam Harris - certainly no liberal - has said he would rather take his chance with a randomly selected American citizen than Mr. Trump. That is saying something since, of course, a truly randomly selected citizen could turn out to be dreadful.

I cannot think of a word strong enough - "stunned" maybe comes close - to describe my utter dismay at how, during this time of crisis, he is so focused on blaming others and taking credit. This is the behaviour of an adolescent or child.

I can only hope and pray that he will listen to the grown-ups. To be fair, he is not acting as recklessly as he might, but shouldn't at least the President of the United States to not be a narcissist?

And perish the thought that he will be re-elected. But, one disaster at a time.

So, yeah, not a fan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Trump's public statements have been a disaster. He's turned his briefings into a political sideshow and source of misinformation.

The situation in private may not been so bad. I'm familiar mostly with the situation in NJ. The Corps of Engineers has been really helpful. Other parts of the government and Trump himself have sometimes helped getting PPE and other supplies. My impression is that it's kind of random. Sometimes the Feds can help, but you never know how much, so that
States have to plan on doing their own. And sometimes they randomly expropriate your supplies when you're about to use them. That seems to be rare, but it happens, and no one understands when or why.

Testing is still a mess. Again, looking in from the outside, it seems like most of the work is being done by private labs and by States trying to assemble all of the necessary supplies. Sometimes the Feds can help, but not in any way you can really plan for.

Would anyone else have done better? It's hard to prove that they would. But even now things seem more disorganized that one would have hoped for. And Trump's public appearances and twitter is the usual Trump but worse. It does sound like he's better in private.

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What you think of his daily Coronavirus briefings?

Are you paying more attention to the governors than you are to Trump?

I'm in New York, so I've really only been paying attention to Cuomo. I'm fairly happy with the way he's been managing things--I feel like he's savvy and pragmatic enough to actually bully the federal government into getting what he needs, so I'm pretty comfortable that the people in control in the Northeast at least know what they're doing.

I only catch Trump's briefings occasionally and by accident, and his explicit refusal to take responsibility for anything has been... demoralizing. I am out of coping mechanisms for dealing with this administration.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,878.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree with the previous comments. I think any other president in recent history, of either party, would have stepped up to this challenge. Not this one.
Agree - just try to imagine the words Donald Trump speaks taking wing from the statesmanly lips of Barack Obama. I just can't imagine it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,878.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just saw clips of Mr. Trump touting the possibility that there will "no coronavirus" in the fall.

That is a delusional fantasy - all the experts agree that this is basically impossible. Again, is the most dreadful coincidence that this incompetent person is in the White House at the time of this great crisis.

You guys must pull out all stops to have him removed in November.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I don't listen to a single thing he ever says and certainly don't recognize him as a learned authority of, well...practically anything of real value. It literally pains me that so many have been deceived and even seriously harmed by this man's influence, such as it is. Unlike King Midas, everything he touches turns to...well, you know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’ve never liked him and the fact that I’ve got a biology degree and have watched in absolute horror as he’s lied repeatedly about the pandemic and other situations. I live in NYC and I’m so glad that Cuomo decided to ignore him completely

Upvote 0