USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
sorry I am not fully a democrat, but I am not fully a republican so I thought I would mention this. I think an impeachment needs both the house and the senate if I am not mistaken. the house voted for impeachment, but unless it can pass the senate it will die. But I am sure you know this. But technically there is no impeachment "yet." I won't say much more than that. But I like that you guys have a platform here and feel you can post. I posted some stuff to the political forum and got blasted by the far right. But then I have been blasted by the far left, even more so. But anyway God bless you, I am glad you guys have a platform here. Jesus is in control. If I don't like everything about Trump or Hillary, I just pray for them. God knows best. Take care (unsubscribing)
If I understand right, the impeachment itself is just the House. It's now a done deal. Removal from office requires that the Senate convict. But the impeachment is already "real". It and removal from office are not the same thing.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find this thread a tiny bit heartening. Even though most of us aren't likely to worship together, it's pleasant that we can talk about these matters without losing our minds.

Thank you for your kind compliment, archer. That's one of the reasons why I started my thread in this forum. I think we can keep negativity and any argumentative posts at bay in our faith group forum.

• Friendly
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tended towards the view that the best way to deal with Trump was to concentrate on defeating him in the next election. From a pure ethical sense, I agree that he's a clear and present danger, and impeachment is justified. But you need to look at likely consequences. There's no way he gets convicted, and I think the Democratic party will lose politically.

Unfortunately, the "woke" leftists on social media think the real enemy is moderate Democratic candidates.

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
sorry I am not fully a democrat, but I am not fully a republican so I thought I would mention this. I think an impeachment needs both the house and the senate if I am not mistaken. the house voted for impeachment, but unless it can pass the senate it will die. But I am sure you know this. But technically there is no impeachment "yet." I won't say much more than that. But I like that you guys have a platform here and feel you can post. I posted some stuff to the political forum and got blasted by the far right. But then I have been blasted by the far left, even more so. But anyway God bless you, I am glad you guys have a platform here. Jesus is in control. If I don't like everything about Trump or Hillary, I just pray for them. God knows best. Take care (unsubscribing)

Not that you can't post here when it fits within the group's guidelines...after all, you don't have to be a *Democrat* to be considered liberal. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of Hillary even though I voted for her against Trump...I thought she was far too mainstream and Third Way, and the only reason her platform was as progressive as it was was due to Bernie's influence. Had Bernie not been running primary, I suspect the Democratic platform for the election would have been pretty mediocre, though of course still much better than anything the GOP would have produced.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that there is also a faith group for Moderates, so no one should be completely left out of having a group to call home. :)

Upvote 0