Jan 20, 2008
✟16,297.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Zaac said:
That wasn't one of the questions.

No, but it was a question that was posed by another. So I answered it.

Jase said:
This is clearly just a troll post by Zaac, as it's obvious he has no interest in actual discussion.

I agree.

Zaac said:
That's why the liberal Christian perspective does nothing but author confusion that is not of God. God says something and you all think it is conditioned upon what you think.

We are the ones that are confusing people? The liberals on this thread are the ones that are actually explaining their points of view. You on the other hand are insisting on yes and no answers. Who is being clear again?

Liberal Christianity which absolutely stands for NOTHING has opened the door to justify any and every sin.

Stand for nothing, huh? Again, the liberals are explaining their points of view. They must stand for something even if you disagree with it.

Hilarious. Just proves that you liberals want to be god. Can't answer Yes or No without trying to add your own terms.

How does saying that you have a bad attitude show that he wants to be God? That is completely ridiculous and everyone knows it.

Add one more to the want to be god column.

Yay judgementalism!

God's Word is absolute.

No one is denying this, in fact I think that everyone that has answered your question has said that the Bible is God's word. Hmmm... looks like you are constructing a straw man argument.

Sylvanspirits said:
If I answer "Yes", then what?

Do I mean: "Yes, everyone will be saved" or "Yes, some will go to hell"?

Ha ha! too true, my friend, too true!

Jase said:
Ignorance and hatred ( both common components of the fundamentalist/conservative mindset)

As is obvious by his posts.

catlover said:
This answers what you asked perfectly...

Good post catlover, good post!

Zaac said:
Unless it's a Yes or No, it didn't.

No, the creeds do answer all of your questions.

Tissue said:
You seem to be under the impression that anyone who disagrees with you is not standing on the Word of God, and then reconcile such pride by attributing your viewpoint to God. Each of us firmly deny this, yet we draw the distinction that we disagree with you, not God.

Precisely!

This is a major discrepancy. What say we open up the matter in conversation, and see where that goes?

I agree, although I don't think that this is likely.

Upvote 0
L

LightSeaker

Add one more to the want to be god column. This is sad but funny. God's Word is absolute. But you liberals need wiggle room to work in your own opinions.
OH...I know that I clearly do not want to be God. But I also know that to limit God into a yes/no box is not good either. Historically we see the dark side of Christian atrocities when God is boxed in by His Believers. Boxing God in is not healthy and spiritually, it limits a person's experiences of God.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Zaac, you don't seem to understand that it is entirely incorrect of you to ask for 'yes' or 'no' answers to questions that do not fit such explanations. It's as silly as asking someone to describe the personality traits of their spouse, in terms of 'yes' or 'no'.

You seem to be under the impression that anyone who disagrees with you is not standing on the Word of God, and then reconcile such pride by attributing your viewpoint to God. Each of us firmly deny this, yet we draw the distinction that we disagree with you, not God.

This is a major discrepancy. What say we open up the matter in conversation, and see where that goes?

The answers are Yes or No

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No, but it was a question that was posed by another. So I answered it.

I agree.

We are the ones that are confusing people? The liberals on this thread are the ones that are actually explaining their points of view. You on the other hand are insisting on yes and no answers. Who is being clear again?

Stand for nothing, huh? Again, the liberals are explaining their points of view. They must stand for something even if you disagree with it.

How does saying that you have a bad attitude show that he wants to be God? That is completely ridiculous and everyone knows it.

Yay judgementalism!

No one is denying this, in fact I think that everyone that has answered your question has said that the Bible is God's word. Hmmm... looks like you are constructing a straw man argument.

Ha ha! too true, my friend, too true!

As is obvious by his posts.

Good post catlover, good post!

No, the creeds do answer all of your questions.

Precisely!

I agree, although I don't think that this is likely.

Answers are still Yes or No

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
OH...I know that I clearly do not want to be God. But I also know that to limit God into a yes/no box is not good either. Historically we see the dark side of Christian atrocities when God is boxed in by His Believers. Boxing God in is not healthy and spiritually, it limits a person's experiences of God.

Who is putting God in a box? God says what He says. Yall just got a problem reading and want Him to be saying what you want Him to say.

So again. Yes or No answers.

Upvote 0

BeforeTheFoundation

Jan 20, 2008
✟16,297.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You know this was fun for a while, but now it is just getting rediculous. It is obvious that the OP has no intention of actually having a discussion. Furthermore, it is obvious that he does not want to convince us of anything or else he would engage us in conversation as opposed to just saying...

Zaac said:
Answers are still Yes or No

It is obvious that he does not care about us or our salvation enough to actually engage us in conversation. If he really thought that we were destroying the world then he would engage us in conversation. So I suggest that someone closes this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
17For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 1 Peter 4:17

The more I read the responses of liberal Christians on this board and throughout the country, the more I realize that satan doesn't have to do a thing to lead people to hell. Liberal Christians have usurped his job.

Under the guise of tolerance and fairness, Liberal Christians continue to stand for nothing of Christ, while tacitly and often times blatantly endorsing sin.

Yup. Well, us and Angus and Malcolm.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

What is obvious is that yall did exactly what I expected liberals who stand for nothing absolutely to do.

That's in part why liberal Christianity is leading the way in sending folks to hell. Yall can do everything but let God's Word say what it says. So why should any unsaved person want a part of a God whose people are so confused.

It would amaze me if any of you could witness truth about anything to anyone. You can suggest all you want. It's my thread.

The answers are STILL Yes or No.

I don't see any evidence that you provided which proves liberal Christianity is detroying America.

Upvote 0

manchambo

Oct 6, 2006
✟1,131.00
Faith
Presbyterian
You're thinking too hard. They are Yes or No questions. I didn't ask for explanations and explanations are not needed. If you don't want to answer, don't. Just reinforces the premise of the thread.

The question "is murder via abortion sin" is absolutely not a yes or no question. It requires an explanation. Better yet, it requires a refusal to answer, because it is nonsensical and begs the question. If it is murder, of course it is sin. But many people disagree, or at least doubt, whether it is murder in at least some cases.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

manchambo

Oct 6, 2006
✟1,131.00
Faith
Presbyterian
What is obvious is that yall did exactly what I expected liberals who stand for nothing absolutely to do.

That's in part why liberal Christianity is leading the way in sending folks to hell. Yall can do everything but let God's Word say what it says. So why should any unsaved person want a part of a God whose people are so confused.

It would amaze me if any of you could witness truth about anything to anyone. You can suggest all you want. It's my thread.

The answers are STILL Yes or No.

Why would any unsaved person want to be saved by a God as mean and ridiculous as you suggest he is? Why would they believe in a supposed morality (eternal punishment) that we mere mortals know to be barbaric?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The question "is murder via abortion sin" is absolutely not a yes or no question. It requires an explanation. Better yet, it requires a refusal to answer, because it is nonsensical and begs the question. If it is murder, of course it is sin. But many people disagree, or at least doubt, whether it is murder in at least some cases.

It requires a Yes or a No.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why would any unsaved person want to be saved by a God as mean and ridiculous as you suggest he is? Why would they believe in a supposed morality (eternal punishment) that we mere mortals know to be barbaric?

You didn't answer the questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No. Both times.

Asking complex questions doesn't make you smart. Quite the opposite.

They aren't complex. They require a Yes or no. So let's try this again.

Can those who identify as liberal Christians answer the following, YES or NO?

Is the Bible God's written Word?
Is the Bible absolute truth?
Is murder via abortion a sin?
Is God ordained marriage between one man and one woman?
Is it sexually immoral to have sex outside of God ordained marriage?
Is it okay for unmarried couples to live together?
Is Jesus Christ the only way to God?
Will everyone be saved?
Will some people go to hell?

Upvote 0

BeforeTheFoundation

Jan 20, 2008
✟16,297.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
CaDan said:
Asking complex questions doesn't make you smart. Quite the opposite.

Especially when you won't allow complex answers.

Zaac said:
They aren't complex. They require a Yes or no.

Just because you form the question into a Yes or No form doesn't mean that it is best summed up in one word. Again, it is possible that you would agree with my answers on at least some of them, but I refuse to answer them with one word.

Can those who identify as liberal Christians answer the following, YES or NO?

No, I will not come forward so that you can make a mockery of the answers that I would give. I will not give you the chance to either say "I told you so" at my single word answer. or say "That's not a yes or no answer" to my multi-word answer.

You have not engaged a single answer that has been offered other than to snidely say "you aren't following my rules!" Well, guess what Zaac, the rules of the forum are free expression of ideas. If you aren't ok with that, then why are you here? If you aren't ok with someone answering your questions with more than one word, then what are you doing on a forum? If you cannot handle us 'liberal Christians' agreeing with you and debating you, then why are you on a debate forum?

I know that you aren't going to answer these questions from the experience that I had with my last large post on this thread, but I know that others will find them edifying.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.