WV
✟11,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
My name is Nick and I'm a 30 year old Torah observant nonrabbinic believer that came to faith around 3 years ago and am seeking fellowship.

I take no definite stance on circumcision, the trinity, or once saved alway saved. I've believed most of the variations about the divine nature at one point and been on both sides of the fence about once saved always saved and settled on leaving the judgment up to God. I have a desire to spread the gospel when I feel I am ready.

There's also a topic I've been entertaining and asking other believers about, one that my grandparent's weren't sure how they'd respond to, and one that I'd like anyone interested in fellowship to answer in a private message:

Assuming a "great tribulation" type scenario where person(s) could perform miracles like calling down fire from heaven, resurrecting the dead, or calling demons/demonic armies, do you think your faith would remain as it is?

Reactions: tampasteve

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome! I am very familiar with different "torah observant" Messianic people, I consider myself on that spectrum as well. I am not familiar with the "LF" part, I am sure it is just something I am new to. :)

To the last part of the post...I am not sure, I want to say that it would. In honesty I think that it would have to be tested against scripture and Tradition to see if has any validity. That being said, I personally do not believe that these miracles are in this current age. Other people disagree, that is OK. :)

Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Messianic Ger Toshav - not christian
Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The closest congregation I am aware of is in Columbus, OH, specifically Beth Messiah (Beth Messiah Congregation Columbus Ohio). I have not visited them, but I hope they may be the congregation you are seeking.

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LF = Looking for.
Ha! That makes a lot of sense! I thought it was something new I had not heard of, a new Messianic group or something. ^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here are two groups that are doing Torah study, the Unrolling the Scroll from First Fruits of Zion....both are about 20 miles from Warren:
Torah Club : Kent, OH
Torah Club : Poland, OH

There is a MJAA Synagogue in Cleveland...but that's a hike for you:

Tikvat Yisrael Messianic Synagogue
1370 Richmond Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124
www.tikvatcleveland.org

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
My name is Nick and I'm a 30 year old Torah observant nonrabbinic believer that came to faith around 3 years ago and am seeking fellowship.

I take no definite stance on circumcision, the trinity, or once saved alway saved. I've believed most of the variations about the divine nature at one point and been on both sides of the fence about once saved always saved and settled on leaving the judgment up to God. I have a desire to spread the gospel when I feel I am ready.

There's also a topic I've been entertaining and asking other believers about, one that my grandparent's weren't sure how they'd respond to, and one that I'd like anyone interested in fellowship to answer in a private message:

Assuming a "great tribulation" type scenario where person(s) could perform miracles like calling down fire from heaven, resurrecting the dead, or calling demons/demonic armies, do you think your faith would remain as it is?
Welcome. As a spiritual journey, there is some baggage that the Lord will reveal to you, enlightening you to help your further down the narrow path, shedding the lies of Lucifer, and one of the tools is fellow believers who in walking up the narrow way, have passed the next level of the walk. Yeshua walked at a level that few have reached yet. The truth will set you free, the so called miracles, are the truth with wings, it is real and it is large, not small or isolated. Will others seeing this light grow in faith, absolutely, via baptism of the Holy Spirit, and continued walking in the light.

Upvote 0