Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah, and Eureka Springs(a new age mecca, too,with haunted hotel, etc)--It's such a bummer, because I'm a christian hippie and I love being in cool places where i can sell my baskets, and had thought about moving closer(I live 2 1/2 hours away) but didn't want to live in Eureka because of the creepy vibes. Even an acquaintance--who isn't a christian, thought there was 'dark mojo' in Eureka and didn't want to be there much. That's why I'm thinking of moving to Springfield MO, (It's a college town, christian colleges as well as public colleges!) which is closer to Eureka where I can just drive to and from when I sell baskets.
Concerning Eureka Springs:

I’ve been there several times. Spent the night in the haunted hotel. My impression of the place is the same as yours.

(We were there with our car club.)

My wife and I both felt the oppression in the town. It is very noticeable.

We prayed before we went to bed and didn’t have any problems.

I cannot speak as to why it is the way it is, I just know that it is a haunt of all kinds of evil. (Not just the hotel, the whole town)

John O.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
Did you stay at the Crescent?? I didn't stay there(and don't want to!! I prefer good ole Motel 6!) BUt I got to go visit one day and immediately something about the fireplace caught my attention. Did you noticed it??
I had thought about moving to Eureka, and would love for some kind of ministry to the new agers, etc to be there--I wish there would be like a coffee shop ministry type place. Maybe if I move to Springfield MO, who knows, Abba might bring me together with some others to do such a thing. I know no one around Mountain VIew(town I live in now) who would do such a thing. Most christians here are either 'too set in their old fashion ways' , ignorant about spiritual warfare, the occult, etc, and just want to be 'churchy' types who only sing old hymns or southern gospel, etc. I feel sooooo out of place with 'churchianity' and it frustrates me that I feel sooo out of place. Oh well, right now, I just have to focus on Abba and be led of Him and for some reason he has me hidden right now for some reason--and struggling with back problems right now!

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Focus on God!

That is the key...

I have been in prayer meetings where people spend two hours talking to the devil. Might as well have gone to a seance for all the good that will do them.

Cheers,
|ZZ|
You're so right.
I have met people that all they can talk about is satan has done this & he's done that...blah, blah, blah. Try to get them to talk about the power of the Blood of Jesus & that we should pray over the concern rite now along with worshiping & thanking God for all He has done & will do. Doesn't go over so well.
devil's got a good thing goin' there doesn't he.

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah, and another time when I was in Eureka, I noticed in the paper, that they were having a conference for 32 degree masons. Seeing that really surprised me.
Bleh. That might be a large chunk of the oppression there.
I know I was shocked to find out that this man that the family has known for years was a Mason. He was a nice guy, hard working & he is family were always doing something for their Baptist church.
We never knew until he passed away & my parents were at his service. & they were talking about the difference in the service & seeing all these Mason symbols.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
What's really sad is that many masons, average joe mason, as I call them, are ignorant of what masonry is really all about. It's not till one get's high up to around 32 and 33 level degree that they find out it is really a form of satanism. Do you know what degree your friend was?

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's really sad is that many masons, average joe mason, as I call them, are ignorant of what masonry is really all about. It's not till one get's high up to around 32 and 33 level degree that they find out it is really a form of satanism. Do you know what degree your friend was?
No I don't.

Maybe I'll ask my parents if they remember anything in particuliar, but as you said he may not have been practicing at a high enough level to know what he was getting into. I personally don't know alot about the Masons, but enough to know that its' not what most memebers probably think.

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you stay at the Crescent?? I didn't stay there(and don't want to!! I prefer good ole Motel 6!) BUt I got to go visit one day and immediately something about the fireplace caught my attention. Did you noticed it??
I had thought about moving to Eureka, and would love for some kind of ministry to the new agers, etc to be there--I wish there would be like a coffee shop ministry type place. Maybe if I move to Springfield MO, who knows, Abba might bring me together with some others to do such a thing. I know no one around Mountain VIew(town I live in now) who would do such a thing. Most christians here are either 'too set in their old fashion ways' , ignorant about spiritual warfare, the occult, etc, and just want to be 'churchy' types who only sing old hymns or southern gospel, etc. I feel sooooo out of place with 'churchianity' and it frustrates me that I feel sooo out of place. Oh well, right now, I just have to focus on Abba and be led of Him and for some reason he has me hidden right now for some reason--and struggling with back problems right now!
Yes we stayed at the Crescent, (creepy place) I don’t remember the fireplace. The basement was the darkest place there.

I was surprised that there seemed to be such a spirit of witchcraft on the whole town.

We noticed it before we ever got to the hotel.

John O.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
I'm guessing that yall visited Eureka to go to the Passion Play. Did yall know that the founder(I can't think of his name right off) of the Passion play park was racist. I read that somewhere, that he preached racist doctrine.
Here's an info I found on him. Gerald L K Smith.
http://www.crosstalk.org/articles/davinci.shtml

"One famous Arkansas radio preacher held millions of followers in the palm of his hand. He was known to pass out pictures of a blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jesus as proof that our savior was not Jewish. It was just too hard for a Jew-hating preacher, like Gerald L.K. Smith to accept a Jewish Jesus. Believe it or not, the same racist preacher founded the Great Passion Play in Eureka Springs Arkansas. His presentation has been enjoyed by millions of Christians who probably have no idea that Rev. Smith, the founder of the Great Passion Play, hated Jews with a violent intensity. He proclaimed this publicly during his 1948 presidential campaign. His intentions were spelled out at a national convention. Smith was convinced that his Christian Nationalist Party was going to take over America. His platform not only advocated the deportation of blacks and Zionist Jews. He also intended to route the Jews into ghettoes, take their homes, and thereby solve the housing shortage created after WWII by giving the homes of deported Jews to veterans. Forgive me for presenting these distasteful facts, but facts they are. I have researched the life of this man and others like him"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jeolmstead

Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm guessing that yall visited Eureka to go to the Passion Play. Did yall know that the founder(I can't think of his name right off) of the Passion play park was racist. I read that somewhere, that he preached racist doctrine.
Here's an info I found on him. Gerald L K Smith.
http://www.crosstalk.org/articles/davinci.shtml

"One famous Arkansas radio preacher held millions of followers in the palm of his hand. He was known to pass out pictures of a blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jesus as proof that our savior was not Jewish. It was just too hard for a Jew-hating preacher, like Gerald L.K. Smith to accept a Jewish Jesus. Believe it or not, the same racist preacher founded the Great Passion Play in Eureka Springs Arkansas. His presentation has been enjoyed by millions of Christians who probably have no idea that Rev. Smith, the founder of the Great Passion Play, hated Jews with a violent intensity. He proclaimed this publicly during his 1948 presidential campaign. His intentions were spelled out at a national convention. Smith was convinced that his Christian Nationalist Party was going to take over America. His platform not only advocated the deportation of blacks and Zionist Jews. He also intended to route the Jews into ghettoes, take their homes, and thereby solve the housing shortage created after WWII by giving the homes of deported Jews to veterans. Forgive me for presenting these distasteful facts, but facts they are. I have researched the life of this man and others like him"
Actually, we weren’t there to see the play.

We were there to drive the curvy roads.

I’m not surprised about the history of the play. I’m sure that there are a lot of good people who go to see it who have no idea about the founder of it.

It’s funny how the “mask” of evil changes, but the evil remains

Anyway, It is interesting to me that the two of us having never met or fellowshipped with each other would have the same impression of the place.

just curious.... have you ever been to Bucksnort Tn, (no kidding, it's a real place south west of Nashville) I had a real feeling of tragedy as my wife and I drove through there last year. It seemed like it had something to do with sins against native Americans. I thought it might be related to the “Trail of Tears” but I can’t find anything that links it to the site.

John O.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi John, No, I sure haven't been to Bucksnort. I wouldn't be surprised--I've felt 'stuff' in parts of Tennessee--but felt more of the vibes that I feel goes back to ku klux klan, and slavery days, and also the bloodshed from the civil war. Also, I feel stuff in Nashville--a spirit of prostitution or something like that. I later happened to see a documentary that told how Nashville made prostitution legal during the civil war days and an old civil war soldier's bible was found in a Nashville warehouse, that had listed in the back page, a list of prostitutes he visited.
While on the topic of the Trail of Tears, I heard that more of the people died in the stockades(they were put in stockades like cattle and many died of diseases, etc) than on the trail itself. I heard that Hitler got his idea of the death camps from how Pres. Andrew Jackson did to the Cherokee and other S.E. tribes--putting them in the stockades, etc.

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi John, No, I sure haven't been to Bucksnort. I wouldn't be surprised--I've felt 'stuff' in parts of Tennessee--but felt more of the vibes that I feel goes back to ku klux klan, and slavery days, and also the bloodshed from the civil war. Also, I feel stuff in Nashville--a spirit of prostitution or something like that. I later happened to see a documentary that told how Nashville made prostitution legal during the civil war days and an old civil war soldier's bible was found in a Nashville warehouse, that had listed in the back page, a list of prostitutes he visited.
While on the topic of the Trail of Tears, I heard that more of the people died in the stockades(they were put in stockades like cattle and many died of diseases, etc) than on the trail itself. I heard that Hitler got his idea of the death camps from how Pres. Andrew Jackson did to the Cherokee and other S.E. tribes--putting them in the stockades, etc.
My great Aunt died on the Trail of Tears.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
My great-greatgrandmother and her two brothers were hidden in a cave as little children during the time of the Trail of Tears. I remember being told that my aunt when she was first learning about the Trail of Tears, she asked my great-grandmother if our family was on the Trail of Tears, and she said, "No, hon, we had our own Trail of Tears". I think my gr-gr-grandmother's mother died at that time(in 1836). The family hid out and went to Texas.

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just to prove we were there....

Attachments

• moonmi.jpg
    moonmi.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0

jeolmstead

Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others