Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Leaders at a Lexington church hope police can track down the troublemakers responsible for vandalizing the church tree times in a span of just over three months' time.

DESTROYED+STATUE.jpg

Pax Christi Catholic Church, which is located on Victoria Way, just off Man o'War near Nicholasville Road, was hit by vandals in September, October and again on Thursday.

Their surveillance cameras captured all of it, as vandals destroyed statues of the Virgin Mary and of St. Francis of Assisi.

Lexington church vandalized three times in matter of months

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,146,892.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
But there's no persecution of Christians in the USA...

Lord have mercy :crossrc:
Evidence of vandalism. Nothing else. Claiming persecution in one of the most Christian of nations is absurd, get a grip.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Evidence of vandalism. Nothing else. Claiming persecution in one of the most Christian of nations is absurd, get a grip.
And a massacre at a small church by a militant atheist just a few weeks ago. "Get a grip" indeed.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Vandals do not need a political or religious motivation. Their sole motivation seems to be to p*** off as many people as possible.
They've hit this church three separate times, so far. That suggests an agenda.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Would you consider it persecution if the KKK vandalized the home of a black family?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They've hit this church three separate times, so far. That suggests an agenda.
Or they could be someone, that used to go there. And hates them. For some reason. Yes. I guest revenge can be an agenda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Leaders at a Lexington church hope police can track down the troublemakers responsible for vandalizing the church tree times in a span of just over three months' time.

DESTROYED+STATUE.jpg

Pax Christi Catholic Church, which is located on Victoria Way, just off Man o'War near Nicholasville Road, was hit by vandals in September, October and again on Thursday.

Their surveillance cameras captured all of it, as vandals destroyed statues of the Virgin Mary and of St. Francis of Assisi.

Lexington church vandalized three times in matter of months

I'm sorry to see that. I hope whoever is responsible is caught and is prosecuted for it.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟555,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But there's no persecution of Christians in the USA...

Lord have mercy :crossrc:
A statue being destroyed by what was most likely just some teenage punks hardly counts as persecution.

I would say persecution is when the lives of people are made impossible simply because of the group they belong to. If the destroyed statue also had a threatening message targeting the actual members of the church or just Christians in general, I'd be more inclined to call this persecution.

For now, this is just vandalism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And a massacre at a small church by a militant atheist just a few weeks ago. "Get a grip" indeed.
Normally when someone is called a "militant" so-and-so it's because they vehemently defend their views and also try to push them onto others. They have an agenda to push and an idea to promote.

I don't see how randomly killing a bunch of people who were sitting in church could have advanced atheism in any practical way and I don't think that was his intention at all.

A militant atheist, at least by how the term has been normally used in the past to describe people like Richard Dawkins, this person was not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Would you consider it persecution if the KKK vandalized the home of a black family?
Yes, but the KKK have a well established history of deliberately targeting blacks to make their lives impossible and to instill fear.

Until you find out who these vandals are, you don't really know if they come from a similar group known for targeting Christians in this way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I confused. Is he actually going to prison for 15 yrs. or is he getting 15 yrs. probation or both? Because....

Wolfe is prohibited from returning to the mosque — a condition of his probation. Other details of the probation were not immediately available.

On top of criminal mischief, Wolfe was slapped with an armed burglary charge during his arrest, but that charge was dropped in court.

The agreement was to drop the armed burglary in exchange for his plea,” Brown said.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟277,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I confused. Is he actually going to prison for 15 yrs. or is he getting 15 yrs. probation or both?

Both. For vandalism, he's getting a sentence more typically given out rapists. So as I said, let's see how this goes and compare.

One comparison we can make already - this was more than double the sentence that a Russian court handed down to members of a certain rock group I won't name for disrupting prayers in a church, and remember the international outcry about horribly repressive the Russian government was being?

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0