✟1,352,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 3:1-5 NASB

“But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.”

We are living in a time such as this. The teaching of the Word of God has been turned into a circus. Many pastors are actors, performers, and entertainers. So, they twist the truths of God’s word to make it more acceptable and appealing to the flesh of man.

So many church services have been turned into stage productions with the pastors turned into game show hosts. They pattern their gatherings after the ways of the world to attract the world to their gatherings and to a Christianized version of what the world is offering.

So much of the church has partnered with the world and thus they have compromised the gospel message, and godliness, holiness, morality, faithfulness, integrity, honor, dignity, and humility, to attract the world so that the world will not feel uncomfortable among them.

But this isn’t the only problem in the church. There are those on the other side of the pendulum who are true legalists, but who do teach holiness, honesty, morality, and obedience to God and to his word. But they are more like the Pharisees, who add to God’s word requirements not of God.

These Pharisee-like pastors, though, often deny the working of the Holy Spirit in people’s lives, for they deny the gifts of the Spirit and their workings, and they don’t believe God can speak to us in our minds and in our spirits in practical ways which apply to our lives today.

Thus, they deny the power of God’s Spirit in people’s hearts and lives. And, they deny the teachings of 1 Co 12 where it is taught that the Spirit gives us gifts and where God gives us assignments in his church, according to his will. And, thus they quench the Spirit of God.

And, so what they end up doing is playing the role of Holy Spirit, instead, determining what gifts and assignments people are to have or not have. And, they end up hurting the body of Christ by saying to some of its parts, “We have no need of you.”

All of this is hurting the body of Christ. So many pastors are either so lackadaisical about the truths of Scripture, and holiness, and godliness, or they are so rigid like the Pharisees to where they are quenching the Holy Spirit and they are abusing their people and are crushing their spirits.

2 Timothy 3:12-15 NASB

“Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.”

Now, we need to know that the Scriptures said these times would come when we would be persecuted because we are living godly and holy lives, and because we love Jesus, and we love the truths of his word. The closer we get to the Lord, in our walks of faith, the greater the persecution.

Do you remember the battles Jesus had with the Pharisees? What were they mainly over? Weren’t they mainly because Jesus was healing people on the Sabbath? Did the Sabbath law teach they should not work on the Sabbath? I believe it did. So, was Jesus disobeying the Sabbath law?

What was Jesus’ attitude about the Sabbath? He said many different things I want to note here, because they are of grave importance that we understand them. And, I am not teaching on the Sabbath here. This is about religious leaders persecuting the sheep of God’s pasture. This is about mercy.

Mercy Triumphs!

When the Pharisees saw Jesus’ disciples picking grains of wheat on the Sabbath, they criticized them. Jesus said, “But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire compassion, and not a sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the innocent. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath” (Mtt 12:1-7).

So, what is Jesus saying here? There are exceptions to some rules, not to God’s moral laws, but to rules of form or religious practice. God makes exceptions to some rules if by adhering to the strictest letter of the law we end up not showing compassion and love and kindness to others.

Another time they were accusing Jesus of healing a man on the Sabbath and so Jesus rebuked them, for he caught them in their hypocrisy. He said, “What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” (Mtt 12:11-12)

Jesus also said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.” (Mk 2:27)

The Letter? Or, the Spirit?

So, what is the point here? What am I getting at? It is that some pastors, elders, or church people get hung up on the letter of the law and they fail to show love and compassion to others by adhering more to the spirit of the law.

Now, I am not saying it is okay to teach a diluted gospel to make people feel better so that we don’t offend people. And I am not saying that is okay to turn times of worship into game shows, entertainment, and stage productions to show compassion, either, for that is not real compassion. And, I am not saying it is okay to deny the Spirit to avoid abuses of the Spirit. And, there is never “wiggle room” allowed for God’s moral laws.

But if a law, which is more related to order of worship and not to worship itself, is so rigid that it quenches the Holy Spirit or it denies truly godly people from serving in their God-assigned roles, then that is a problem.

Jesus often taught the spirit of the law over the letter of the law, never compromising morality or holiness, mind you, but he made exceptions under some circumstances for not following a strict adherence to a particular law, if by doing so we end up not doing the good we ought to do for others.

Silencing of Our Women

Now, there is a law in the New Testament about the silence of women in the church. I believe it is largely misinterpreted, and that it is often used as an instrument of abuse against women in the church.

And, many times the abusers are men who have a form of godliness but who are denying its power in many people’s lives, including their own, because they are living hypocritical lives, chastising women for speaking out while they remain silent on issues they should be speaking on.

The Lord Jesus has messages he wants to get out to his church in these last days. He is looking for anyone who is willing to take his messages to the church. If the men refuse, because they are busy with following their flesh, or with following the ways of man, or with building their earthly kingdoms, then God will send women with his messages.

For, the Lord has honored these women who are willing to serve him by going wherever he sends them, and by saying whatever he commands them to say, knowing full well that they will be hated and persecuted by the Pharisees of our day who are not willing to go with God, because they are too consumed with self.

So, women, if this is your plight, be encouraged! Continue in the things you have been convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and keep on speaking, and do not be silent. For the days are extremely evil.

On Zion's Glorious Summit

By John Kent

On Zion's glorious summit stood
A numerous host redeemed by blood!
They hymned their king in strains divine;
I heard the song and strove to join,
I heard the song and strove to join.

Here all who suffered sword or flame
For truth, or Jesus' lovely name,
Shout victory now and hail the Lamb,
And bow before the great I AM,
And bow before the great I AM.

While everlasting ages roll,
Eternal love shall feast their soul,
And scenes of bliss, forever new,
Rise in succession to their view,
Rise in succession to their view.

Holy, holy, holy Lord,
God of hosts, on high adored!
Who like me Thy praise should sing,
O Almighty King!
Holy, holy, holy Lord,
Holy, holy, holy.

*Caution: This link may contain ads

Copyright status is public domain

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,842.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

“But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.”

We are living in a time such as this. The teaching of the Word of God has been turned into a circus. Many pastors are actors, performers, and entertainers. So, they twist the truths of God’s word to make it more acceptable and appealing to the flesh of man.

So many church services have been turned into stage productions with the pastors turned into game show hosts. They pattern their gatherings after the ways of the world to attract the world to their gatherings and to a Christianized version of what the world is offering.

So much of the church has partnered with the world and thus they have compromised the gospel message, and godliness, holiness, morality, faithfulness, integrity, honor, dignity, and humility, to attract the world so that the world will not feel uncomfortable among them.

But this isn’t the only problem in the church. There are those on the other side of the pendulum who are true legalists, but who do teach holiness, honesty, morality, and obedience to God and to his word. But they are more like the Pharisees, who add to God’s word requirements not of God.

These Pharisee-like pastors, though, often deny the working of the Holy Spirit in people’s lives, for they deny the gifts of the Spirit and their workings, and they don’t believe God can speak to us in our minds and in our spirits in practical ways which apply to our lives today.

Thus, they deny the power of God’s Spirit in people’s hearts and lives. And, they deny the teachings of 1 Co 12 where it is taught that the Spirit gives us gifts and where God gives us assignments in his church, according to his will. And, thus they quench the Spirit of God.

And, so what they end up doing is playing the role of Holy Spirit, instead, determining what gifts and assignments people are to have or not have. And, they end up hurting the body of Christ by saying to some of its parts, “We have no need of you.”

All of this is hurting the body of Christ. So many pastors are either so lackadaisical about the truths of Scripture, and holiness, and godliness, or they are so rigid like the Pharisees to where they are quenching the Holy Spirit and they are abusing their people and are crushing their spirits.

“Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.”

Now, we need to know that the Scriptures said these times would come when we would be persecuted because we are living godly and holy lives, and because we love Jesus, and we love the truths of his word. The closer we get to the Lord, in our walks of faith, the greater the persecution.

Do you remember the battles Jesus had with the Pharisees? What were they mainly over? Weren’t they mainly because Jesus was healing people on the Sabbath? Did the Sabbath law teach they should not work on the Sabbath? I believe it did. So, was Jesus disobeying the Sabbath law?

What was Jesus’ attitude about the Sabbath? He said many different things I want to note here, because they are of grave importance that we understand them. And, I am not teaching on the Sabbath here. This is about religious leaders persecuting the sheep of God’s pasture. This is about mercy.

Mercy Triumphs!

When the Pharisees saw Jesus’ disciples picking grains of wheat on the Sabbath, they criticized them. Jesus said, “But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire compassion, and not a sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the innocent. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath” (Mtt 12:1-7).

So, what is Jesus saying here? There are exceptions to some rules, not to God’s moral laws, but to rules of form or religious practice. God makes exceptions to some rules if by adhering to the strictest letter of the law we end up not showing compassion and love and kindness to others.

Another time they were accusing Jesus of healing a man on the Sabbath and so Jesus rebuked them, for he caught them in their hypocrisy. He said, “What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” (Mtt 12:11-12)

Jesus also said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.” (Mk 2:27)

So, what is the point here? What am I getting at? It is that some pastors, elders, or church people get hung up on the letter of the law and they fail to show love and compassion to others by adhering more to the spirit of the law.

Now, I am not saying it is okay to teach a diluted gospel to make people feel better so that we don’t offend people. And I am not saying that is okay to turn times of worship into game shows, entertainment, and stage productions to show compassion, either, for that is not real compassion. And, I am not saying it is okay to deny the Spirit to avoid abuses of the Spirit. And, there is never “wiggle room” allowed for God’s moral laws.

But if a law, which is more related to order of worship and not to worship itself, is so rigid that it quenches the Holy Spirit or it denies truly godly people from serving in their God-assigned roles, then that is a problem.

Jesus often taught the spirit of the law over the letter of the law, never compromising morality or holiness, mind you, but he made exceptions under some circumstances for not following a strict adherence to a particular law, if by doing so we end up not doing the good we ought to do for others.

Silencing of Our Women

Now, there is a law in the New Testament about the silence of women in the church. I believe it is largely misinterpreted, and that it is often used as an instrument of abuse against women in the church.

And, many times the abusers are men who have a form of godliness but who are denying its power in many people’s lives, including their own, because they are living hypocritical lives, chastising women for speaking out while they remain silent on issues they should be speaking on.

The Lord Jesus has messages he wants to get out to his church in these last days. He is looking for anyone who is willing to take his messages to the church. If the men refuse, because they are busy with following their flesh, or with following the ways of man, or with building their earthly kingdoms, then God will send women with his messages.

For, the Lord has honored these women who are willing to serve him by going wherever he sends them, and by saying whatever he commands them to say, knowing full well that they will be hated and persecuted by the Pharisees of our day who are not willing to go with God, because they are too consumed with self.

So, women, if this is your plight, be encouraged! Continue in the things you have been convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and keep on speaking, and do not be silent. For the days are extremely evil.

By John Kent

Holy, holy, holy Lord,
O Almighty King!
Holy, holy, holy Lord,
Holy, holy, holy.

JESUS warned His people about the signs of His coming and of the END of this world.

Matthew 24:v.1-7
Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
(This prophecy of the LORD fulfiled LITERALLY in the year 70AD)

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the END of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the END (of the world) is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
and there shall be famines,
and pestilences,
and earthquakes, in divers places.

- For nation shall rise against nation; and kingdom against kingdom -
It seems is starting to fulfil; I think that in more severe manner Entites like UNO, or G-7, EU, among others, will be DISSOLVED by complete, the Power of the Word of God may be suggesting this, as Peter Apostle said. 2Peter 3:v.10-11: 10 But the Day of the Lord (the seventh and last Day) will come...in the which...the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be DISSOLVED, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness;

- and there shall be famines; -
The case of refugees, and now the dissolution of the global economy as a result of the pandemic Coronavirus (COVID-19), causing high rates of bankruptcy in the business world, and unemployment, difficulties to develop activities in an environment totally adverse and dangerous to the health of people, in a totally disorganized world, certainly the most serious occurrence of FAMINES will be very hard for multitudes in this present time and in days ahead. Terrible.

- and pestilences, -
The PESTILENCE that is running in whole Earth, is the GREAT first signal of JESUS's coming, and of the END of this world-Matt.24:v.7.Habakkuk also prophesied, saying: Before Him went the pestilence,..Hab.3:5.

JESUS is already fulfilling LITERALLY His words, and He sent first the PESTILENCE as we have seen, by the way, Habakkuk 3:v.5-6 prophesied saying: 5 Before him went the PESTILENCE, and burning coals went forth at his feet. 6 He stood, and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder the nations; and the everlasting mountains were scattered, the perpetual hills did bow: his ways are everlasting.

- and earthquakes, in divers places. -
In accord the word of JESUS there will be earthquakes in divers PLACES now in the END of the world. Honestly, I do not know what places will be chastised with earthquakes, but I am sure that they can happen even in any place where there is not tectonic plates.
These earthquakes that will be caused by the Power of JESUS from now on, will not be equal as natural phenomena through movements of tectonic plates, no, they will not be by natural phenomena. These earthquakes IN DIVERS PLACES that will be caused by JESUS, they may occur even in places where nature does not offer conditions to happen, and where it never happened, for example, Brazil is one of these places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Luke 21:v.26 - 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

May our LORD God bless and keep us, and give us His protection

Amen

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Mercy Triumphs!

Silencing of Our Women

By John Kent

Holy, holy, holy Lord,
O Almighty King!
Holy, holy, holy Lord,
Holy, holy, holy.

It's true. Paul did not understand Jesus.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No. We simply don't understand all of Paul's revelations and instructions. We're humans. Peter even acknowledged Paul's teachings were hard to understand for some. 2 peter 3:15-16

We need to understand Pauls writing in great depth. Some women during Paul's era possibly thought they could dominate their husband, there's a similar problem in today's society. Women can become obsessed with making a career (wealth/earthly gains) only to the neglect of their husband and children. Men have been like this and still continue to be career driven/ lusting after money and wealth only to the neglect of their wives and children.

Paul seen the problem in his day and into the future. There is a divine plan laid out by God which Paul followed where man and wife could follow the Lord in obedience while not neglecting each other, their roles in the church and their children. Paul also saw that if a widow and fatherless child was in need, it was the churches responsibility to help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. We simply don't understand all of Paul's revelations and instructions. We're humans. Peter even acknowledged Paul's teachings were hard to understand for some. 2 peter 3:15-16

We need to understand Pauls writing in great depth. Some women during Paul's era possibly thought they could dominate their husband, there's a similar problem in today's society. Women can become obsessed with making a career (wealth/earthly gains) only to the neglect of their husband and children. Men have been like this and still continue to be career driven/ lusting after money and wealth only to the neglect of their wives and children.

Paul seen the problem in his day and into the future. There is a divine plan laid out by God which Paul followed where man and wife could follow the Lord in obedience while not neglecting each other, their roles in the church and their children. Paul also saw that if a widow and fatherless child was in need, it was the churches responsibility to help.

The new testament is a completion of the Old Testament. So all concepts are backed up in multiple books except what doesn't have any value.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The new testament is a completion of the Old Testament. So all concepts are backed up in multiple books except what doesn't have any value.

main thing is we're saved/born again/converted and get blessing every day and live a life for Christ til our last breath. There's moral instructions which are such a blessing also how to live your life as a Christian. God's continually smelting/moulding us, its a beautiful process of grace working within from above.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
main thing is we're saved/born again/converted and get blessing every day and live a life for Christ til our last breath. There's moral instructions which are such a blessing also how to live your life as a Christian. God's continually smelting/moulding us, its a beautiful process of grace working within from above.
Thanks! It's been 30 years for me. I always learn something new.
And my conclusions are some of those things that have been revealed.
Every idea from God has multiple authors in scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,842.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you say through your spirit, it is as if you said that Paul did not have the Spirit of Christ. Oh you are wrong.
Paul said: If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

Upvote 0